• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he even any good?
Nobody knows, he's never played for us. He played in Serie B last year and it's not like he set the world on fire even at that level or anything.

It's a Juve owned midfielder though so... that would be £10m for you Moyes.

I'm not entirely sold on the Guarin-Vucinic swap (I suspect Conte intends to play him as a wingback, or even as a "defensive winger" in a 4-3-3 formation, that might just work) but I gotta say it's worth it solely to see Inter fans' desperation and frustration all over the internet.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nobody knows, he's never played for us. He played in Serie B last year and it's not like he set the world on fire even at that level or anything.

It's a Juve owned midfielder though so... that would be £10m for you Moyes.

I'm not entirely sold on the Guarin-Vucinic swap (I suspect Conte intends to play him as a wingback, or even as a "defensive winger" in a 4-3-3 formation, that might just work) but I gotta say it's worth it solely to see Inter fans' desperation and frustration all over the internet.

hahaha yeah I was just saying that on twitter
KuGsj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't understand the Vucinic-Guarin transaction at all.
Makes more sense than keeping Vucinic. We took their best player and gave them a 30 y/o third choice striker

1-Rotation. He'll be our first choice in Europa League/smaller games.

or 2-

Mt Heart Attack said:
suspect Conte intends to play him as a wingback, or even as a "defensive winger" in a 4-3-3 formation

Vucinic-Guarin is hilarious because it's ludicrous for Inter. It's depressing because surely Guarin is meant to be a 'replacement' for someone leaving in the summer.

Kenka

Makes more sense than keeping Vucinic. We took their best player and gave them a 30 y/o third choice striker

1-Rotation. He'll be our first choice in Europa League/smaller games.

or 2-
On that we fully agree. Sorry Yurtie, I was talking about the unbalance in value on one side.
It's really baffling. Inter is giving away their best player for a Juve reserve striker.

I'm not complaining though.
Isn't it ? Inter's board must be on shrooms.

Clegg

United should've brought in a more experienced top level manager to steady the ship for a few seasons and then appointed a long term option. Moyes has been left with a thankless task of trying to rebuild an aging side whilst attempting to compete for honours at the same time. That can be done I'd you spend obscene amounts of money, but United are more restrained in that respect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why the fuck is Isla still here?

Juventus is the reason Manchester United can't central midfielders.

sorry United-bros but that was too funny

Vucinic-Guarin is hilarious because it's ludicrous for Inter. It's depressing because surely Guarin is meant to be a 'replacement' for someone leaving in the summer.

Maybe an extra midfielder was always the plan after selling Full Metal Giak? We tried buying Radja on the last day of the mercato, that should tell you something.

Look at Bayern, Barca, BVB, Real Madrid, (God even Milan). 5 central midfielders is not too many. Guarin means more depth not instant sales

Turns out that reading about others shenanigans during the transfer market is actually fun!

Of course it would be much better if Galliani didn't forget to buy a CB and a midfielder, but for once I'm glad that it isn't Milan the team selling its best player.

L1NETT

Right relegation battle incoming. First choice winger out for 6-8 months. Oh god.

---

Hixx is that a fan who won a competition or summat.

Rikkun

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 2m
Sta succedendo di tutto come appena detto a @skysport24: l'@inter ha fatto marcia indietro sullo scambio guarin-vucinic, sembra per i tifosi

BRANCA PLEASE

PS: oh I didn't translate.
Inter is taking time/stopping the deal because of the fans on social networks. Juventus not that happy.

Hixx

Right relegation battle incoming. First choice winger out for 6-8 months. Oh god.

---

Hixx is that a fan who won a competition or summat.

Santiago Vergini. Centre half. Guess that means Diakite is going back to Italy.

I already miss his chinless features more than Modibi misses his chin.

Uh, we aren't getting rid of any midfielders unless a stupid good offer comes in--in which case, it's Pogba--and I'm talking like, 2002 Zidane money.

It's like Asamoah. We brought him in. Yes, he can play CM. But he's playing on the left because Conte wants a 3-5-2. Now, Conte's been talking about wanting to change tactics in Europe, like a 4-3-3. So Guarin can help there. He's also a pure Conte type of player: very hardworking, talented, and above all versatile (which has been true of most if not all of Conte's signings). So, he'll find room. Doesn't mean he'll fine room at the expense of our current 4 CMs.

Provided that Guarin does well to cement himself as a Juve regular, the current 5 will take us through the next four years, excepting crazy money for Pogba, and the retirement of Pirlo which will prompt the signing of Verratti.

Anyone who is getting their hopes up of snatching one of our midfielders is out of their mind, especially if you're a United fan. Barcelona has an incredibly competitive midfield, and yet they largely hold onto all their midfielders.

Jarnet87

Uh, we aren't getting rid of any midfielders unless a stupid good offer comes in--in which case, it's Pogba--and I'm talking like, 2002 Zidane money.

It's like Asamoah. We brought him in. Yes, he can play CM. But he's playing on the left because Conte wants a 3-5-2. Now, Conte's been talking about wanting to change tactics in Europe, like a 4-3-3. So Guarin can help there. He's also a pure Conte type of player: very hardworking, talented, and above all versatile (which has been true of most if not all of Conte's signings). So, he'll find room. Doesn't mean he'll fine room at the expense of our current 4 CMs.

Provided that Guarin does well to cement himself as a Juve regular, the current 5 will take us through the next four years, excepting crazy money for Pogba, and the retirement of Pirlo which will prompt the signing of Verratti.

Anyone who is getting their hopes up of snatching one of our midfielders is out of their mind, especially if you're a United fan. Barcelona has an incredibly competitive midfield, and yet they largely hold onto all their midfielders.

Barcelona can afford to turn down huge offers for their players, Juventus can't.

Tc91

The PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi was talking about PSG signing Pogba before their match yesterday.

Wait, Inter have blocked the deal? SMH this Inter management is stupid. Guarin wants out. Do the fans think a disgruntled midfielder is going to inspire Mazzari's shitty counter-attack tactics to champions without a decent striker? If Toehair isn't going to put up any money, Vucinic is the best they could do (especially since Matri's off the market). Could score a dozen goals, at least get them to a top 5….

Edit: Neither of your replies contradicts what I said: stupid money? we sell. And Barcelona won't be able to turn down huge offers for long. They're massively in debt.

Edit x2: Apparently Guarin is still in the meeting with Inter directors and Marry, and he's still pushing for the deal. Brilliant. Good job Inter.

Kovet

if inter actually give us guarin for vucinic ill laugh my ass off, branca has to get fired. Roma should hold onto sabatini as tight as fucking possible.

This deal is almost comically one sided. Even if vucinic performed better this season (so far he hasn't due to injury but i doubt he'll perform better then guarin when hes fully fit) hes 3 years older, Inter's biggest rivals 5th choice striker, and has got maybe 2 years of playing for a top club consistently left in him. I blame mazzarri for being too incompetent to play any youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom