• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

It seems like its going to happen, a bunch of angry Inter fans on Twitter aint gon' change nuthin'. They are just whining on Twitter because the club is doing badly, perhaps they should whine at Milito who has been shit the last few games to such a extent, that they need Vucinic.

Dont mind losing Vucinic, we have too many forwards as it is.

Clegg

One of our biggest problems is that none of our midfielders actually get into attacking positions. Leaves a lot more work for the forwards to do and makes us easier to defend against.

Actually, that's not even the biggest problem. They don't create, attack or defend. Fucking useless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BecMkIpCMAEWkM4.jpg

"my pants are off anyway, let's do this medical!"

Is this the real world? Or am I still watching Captain Philips (which I just saw, good movie btw)? Captain Guarin is being held for ransom by filthy interista pirates?

SOMEONE CALL THE MARINESSSSSS

BecXWyNIUAAeyHE.jpg

Clegg

And Valencia is useless too. Barely beats his man anymore, shit crosser and doesn't attack the box anywhere near frequently enough.

Jarnet87

Januzaj didn't play the same position/role in the last match as the Swansea match. Against Swansea he was under the striker. Against Chelsea, he was basically the striker. They had Welbeck playing as the 10. My guess is that Moyes wanted Januzaj to get on a 1v1 high up the pitch and have Welbeck run up to meet a Januzaj pass. You can see that happened here

ibsxUZzgK0XEdT.gif

ijw9GL0josGIM.gif

The problem was that the midfield didn't push up to attack the pass and Valencia's runs were often too late. Welbeck was covered by several defenders. It was a mistake. Welbeck needs to play as the 9 to score goals and Januzaj should have seen more of the ball to create something. He could have achieved the same strategy by playing Januzaj on the left, but further up the pitch, and by playing Kagawa behind Welbeck.

What you are suggesting is heresy. Modern intelligent tactics? A midfielder who can get up the pitch and create? No that is not the United way. At United me must strive to play two strikers, no link man and two wingers who do not switch or go infield. Take your futuristic approach and get out.

pulga

Banned
So Mirko + 3m for Guarin then? Done and fuck off merda.

Bayern gaf seem to care the most tbh.

But still, you can't talk about "allegedly no one in here cared for" lol. You and Madrid-gaf were in here saying it's a popularity award, it's rigged, FIFA hates Ronaldo, no one cares about it etc when it looked like Ronaldo wouldn't win it.

now you have a golden ronaldo avatar because of the award lol. <3

BeRhtE1IIAAXG5E.jpg:large

what can I say, his tears convinced me
smiling_moon2.png

One of our biggest problems is that none of our midfielders actually get into attacking positions. Leaves a lot more work for the forwards to do and makes us easier to defend against.

Actually, that's not even the biggest problem. They don't create, attack or defend. Fucking useless.

I disagree. Watch it again. Cahill is able to get in an easy position to cross because Vidic was too slow to push up the offside line.

It's true Vidic is the last person to push up. He keeps 2 players onside. Cahill isn't one of them. Cahill is kept onside regardless of Vidic as the whole defensive line is 2 feet deeper than him. If Vidic pushed up with the defense Cahill would have still been onside.

When Eto'o makes the run Vidic is the only guy going towards Eto'o. Rafael, Evans, and Jones? all fail to react to Cahill receiving the ball and cross it to Eto'o.

It's true Vidic is the last person to push up. He keeps 2 players onside. Cahill isn't one of them. Cahill is kept onside regardless of Vidic as the whole defensive line is 2 feet deeper than him. If Vidic pushed up with the defense Cahill would have still been onside.

When Eto'o makes the run Vidic is the only guy going towards Eto'o. Rafael, Evans, and Jones? all fail to react to Cahill receiving the ball and cross it to Eto'o.

Just watched it again. Yeah Cahill was not kept onside by him, for some reason I thought he did.

Carbonox

I'd imagine Newcastle are going in for Salah as a replacement for one of - or all of - Ben Arfa, Obertan and Gutierrez.

There's just as much chance that it's fluff though. Why the fuck would Salah go to Newcastle over Liverpool? :lol He could be a starter with us though, whereas he'd have more competition (but European Football) at Liverpool.

Despite all this, Kinnear's still supposedly in Germany trying to sign De Jong. :lol Stupid dickhead probably went to Dortmund. "I was told De Jong plays for Borussia so I'm here to negotiate" "You're in the wrong town mate".

He'll be home though. :)

Pogba, Verratti, and Cabaye midfield. Too good! Long shot galore!

Feel bad for inter. Shit year and being manage by abunch of dumbfucks. They need to clean house over there.

pls look after kebab :(

At least it's not happening until Summer though which is good for everyone. Cabella's obviously his replacement. I've seen videos and shit and he's good on FIFA but do you know more, Timur? What's he like as a playmaker?

U21 line up; Johnstone, Fabio, Thorpe, Ekangamene, Blackett, Petrucci, James, Lingard, Macheda, Cole, W. Keane.

Subs; Gollini, Zaha, A Pereira, Janko, Rothwell

Boring line up. The reserves have too many players who have outstayed their welcome. A lot of the youngsters don't get to play for the u21s because there are too many older players.

pulga

Banned
Zabo, yurt, etc

hMRwece.png

do you guys know where the nazio ultras sit? wanna sit as far away from them as possible lol, preferably with bianconeri <3

Yen

I'd imagine Newcastle are going in for Salah as a replacement for one of - or all of - Ben Arfa, Obertan and Gutierrez.

There's just as much chance that it's fluff though. Why the fuck would Salah go to Newcastle over Liverpool? :lol He could be a starter with us though, whereas he'd have more competition (but European Football) at Liverpool.

Despite all this, Kinnear's still supposedly in Germany trying to sign De Jong. :lol Stupid dickhead probably went to Dortmund. "I was told De Jong plays for Borussia so I'm here to negotiate" "You're in the wrong town mate".

He'd seal the deal for De Jong and then mention the war

U21 line up; Johnstone, Fabio, Thorpe, Ekangamene, Blackett, Petrucci, James, Lingard, Macheda, Cole, W. Keane.

Boring line up. The reserves have too many players who have outstayed their welcome. A lot of the youngsters don't get to play for the u21s because there are too many older players.

Sounds suspiciously like the first team.

Kyoufu

pls look after kebab :(

At least it's not happening until Summer though which is good for everyone. Cabella's obviously his replacement. I've seen videos and shit and he's good on FIFA but do you know more, Timur? What's he like as a playmaker?

Cabella is more of a Ben Arfa/Gutierrez/Obertan replacement as he's more of a winger than a CM but I don't know much about him tbh.

Doubt we'd get Salah though he'd actually start for us and not for Liverpool.

We need a striker and a Cabaye replacement. :(

Walshy

Chelsea are signing Kurt Zouma for £11m according to the Guardian and are loaning him out back to Saint-Etienne for the rest of the season.

Jarnet87

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

I don't even. How the fuk does Macheda get a game over Zaha. I'd fire Moyes for that alone. Macheda is one of the worst players to ever wear the kit. I've only been watching football since the early 2000's but is there another player who has survived on one goal more then Macheda.

Clegg

I don't even. How the fuk does Macheda get a game over Zaha. I'd fire Moyes for that alone. Macheda is one of the worst players to ever wear the kit. I've only been watching football since the early 2000's but is there another player who has survived on one goal more then Macheda.
Moyes isn't in charge of the U21's.

Agree on Macheda though.

Carbonox

Cabella is more of a Ben Arfa/Gutierrez/Obertan replacement as he's more of a winger than a CM but I don't know much about him tbh.

Doubt we'd get Salah though he'd actually start for us and not for Liverpool.

We need a striker and a Cabaye replacement. :(

We need more than one striker, haha. Ameobi's contract is over, Cisse will probably want to go in the Summer if he can't move this month, Remy ain't staying on for shit and Adam Campbell hasn't even grown babby's first tash yet.

Ashes

Banned
Januzaj didn't play the same position/role in the last match as the Swansea match. Against Swansea he was under the striker. Against Chelsea, he was basically the striker. They had Welbeck playing as the 10. My guess is that Moyes wanted Januzaj to get on a 1v1 high up the pitch and have Welbeck run up to meet a Januzaj pass. You can see that happened here

The problem was that the midfield didn't push up to attack the pass and Valencia's runs were often too late. Welbeck was covered by several defenders. It was a mistake. Welbeck needs to play as the 9 to score goals and Januzaj should have seen more of the ball to create something. He could have achieved the same strategy by playing Januzaj on the left, but further up the pitch, and by playing Kagawa behind Welbeck.

I can see where you are coming from. But Januzaj didn't play as a striker. He played as the no 10 who drifted onto the left wing all day. Argubly Welbeck didn't play as the typical forward neither. But Welbeck has always played like that.

L1NETT

Maybe Zaha isn't very good

Just a thought.

Also, you never really hear of that many United loanees tearing up the lower leagues. Ex crewe bloke has done well, but lawrence and Keane have what, like 10 appearances between them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom