• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have worked it out, Chelsea wont sell Mata to a competitor, they also wont play him, Moyes grand plan is to have such a bad season that we are no longer competitors, including "losing" to Chelsea so we can secure Mata in the summer.

Moyes you devil

Even better, with Guarin going to Juve and Cabaye going to PSG, the way is clear for the Pogtrayer's return.

Kikarian

The best thing about supporting United is not knowing what's coming next.
The worse thing about supporting United is not knowing what's coming next.

stolen from twitter, but it's true. pls understand

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We were going for Nainggolan last summer, so an extra midfielder was ALWAYS the plan.

a plan I still don't get.

or maybe, I don't want to get :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The best thing about supporting United is not knowing what's coming next.
The worse thing about supporting United is not knowing what's next.

stolen from twitter, but it's true. pls understand

I dunno it feels kind of inevitable whats coming next, there was not a single part of me that thought we would get anything from Chelsea, the performances just arent there. I fully believe there will be no additions this window and I am sceptical of what will happen in the summer.

Having Rvp and Rooney back will hopefully get us top 4, but on current form we just dont deserve it.

Kenka

The Ballon d'Or is such a weird award :

Suker was 3rd in 1998.

Why ? Because he was crowned the best goalscorer of the WC that year.

Owen won the Ballon d'Or in 2001.
Why ? Not even God knows why.

Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or in 2002.

Why ? Because he was a world champion and the WC best goalscorer that year. And this, despite the fact that he missed the entire 2001/2002 season.

Only three defenders were ever awarded the Ballon d'Or.

Why ? Because Baresi, de Boer, Sensini, Thuram, Fachetti, Desailly and Maldini never existed.

Only one goalkeeper was ever awarded the Ballon d'Or.

Why ? Because you ask too many questions. That's why. Schmeichel was a forward, so were Casillas and Grosics.

Kikarian

I dunno it feels kind of inevitable whats coming next, there was not a single part of me that thought we would get anything from Chelsea, the performances just arent there. I fully believe there will be no additions this window and I am sceptical of what will happen in the summer.

Having Rvp and Rooney back will hopefully get us top 4, but on current form we just dont deserve it.
I went into the Chelsea with absolutely no hope at all. I knew we we're going to get beat.

We won't buy anyone now, Glazer's won't allow that. Summer I think we will possibly get someone, will he be a midfielder? I don't know. Will he be the good enough? Probably not.

3Sixty

Suker was 3rd in 1998.

Why ? Not even God know why.

Why ? Because he was a world champion and the WC best goalscorer that year. And this, despite the fact that he missed the entire 2001/2002 season.

Why ? Because Baresi, de Boer, Sensini, Thuram, Fachetti, Desailly and Maldini never existed.

Why ? Because you ask too many questions. That's why. Schmeichel was a forward, so were Casillas and Grosics.

Le Tiss never won the award.

Now that is suspicious.

Batigol

Banned

Suker was 3rd in 1998.

Why ? Not even God know why.

It's a shame it's just about who scores the most goals now

#JustforSneijder

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It is a truly frightening thought that we dont reach the top 4, starting to sink in now looking forward, it feels like we can write off taking anything from those ahead of us. Id kill for a good run of form to just prove that we still have some fight in us.

LOL at this bloke behind Moyes joining in with the Chelsea fans chanting "We want you to staaaaay, David Moyes we want you to stay."
david-moyes-we-want-you-to-stay.gif

Ashes

Banned
Why ? Not even God knows why.

Er that was cause Liverpool won everything bar the league. they came second that year to Arsenal I think. Owen was like the suarez of today. He was definitely in the top three European footballers.

Those were the days before Ronaldo and Messi though, where you get sixty goals per season.

People forget how far ahead of the field ronaldo and messi really are. It was ridiculous when Ronaldo intially had that 42 goals season, but for messi to go to fifty and now ronaldo to go even further. Absolutely mental goals scoring records.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guarin IN

Pogba OUT

:,(

MAROTTA PLS WHAT ARE YOU DOING #SaveMarchisio

don't worry guys, no one is going to leave. If you remember, we tried signing Radja literally on the LAST day of the mercato! Which means selling one of our mids wasn't on the cards to begin with.

Guarin is a stop-gap solution, and he's not even half as good/useful as Pogba and Marchisio.

Conte is not stupid.
Marotta is though

let me stop you right there!

the Ballon d'Or was different back then, now it's run by FIFA.

It is a truly frightening thought that we dont reach the top 4, starting to sink in now looking forward, it feels like we can write off taking anything from those ahead of us. Id kill for a good run of form to just prove that we still have some fight in us.

lol, there's no fight in you. players wanted Mou and they got Moyes.

it was like asking for a handjob and end up getting fisted.

Jack cw

Now is the time for all kids to calm down. Don't insult LiGAF and SeriGAF.

Obviously my avatar could score 50 goals in this league. 5 goals against a completely nonexistent deportivo is pretty lame if you cant score in CL semis to get your team into the final.

Er that was cause Liverpool won everything bar the league. they came second that year to Arsenal I think. Owen was like the suarez of today. He was definitely in the top three European footballers.

Ditto. I was going to make the same reply but you beat me to it. He won the FA Cup by himself that year and scored a hat-trick against Germany (It was in Munich, England fans don't talk about it very much so it has become forgotten).

Rikkun

don't worry guys, no one is going to leave. If you remember, we tried signing Radja literally on the LAST day of the mercato! Which means selling one of our mids wasn't on the cards to begin with.

Guarin is a stop-gap solution, and he's not even half as good/useful as Pogba and Marchisio.

Conte is not stupid.
Marotta is though

Yeah but I guess Guarin didn't come from Inter as the best midfielder just to hit the bench in Torino.

Yurt hold my hand. I'm scared.

pulga

Banned
Still so much salt about the award allegedly no one in here cared for

Get it in your heads: the award is for the best player of the course of the year. Whilst Ronaldo and Messi are still active footballers, they'll keep on winning it because they are heads and shoulders above any others.

Sheesh, see what you've done, you've got me praising the fucking HGH addled lawn gnome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Still so much salt about the award allegedly no one in here cared for

Get it in your heads: the award is for the best player of the course of the year. Whilst Ronaldo and Messi are still active footballers, they'll keep on winning it because they are heads and shoulders above any others.

Sheesh, see what you've done, you've got me praising the fucking HGH addled lawn gnome.

WE SOLD MIRKO FOR A BRAINLESS COLOMBIAN AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOUR MTV AWARD?

Jarnet87

I can't wait until we travel to Everton and Martinez does the double on United. That feel when the club your manager left does better without him.

What the fuck is Inturd doing? Guarin is clearly their best midfielder, maybe even their best player. And they are giving him away to a rival for fucking Vucinic? They should have just sold him to Chelsea for big bucks, they probably could have then loaned Vucinic anyway.

Toe-hair is doing a great job.

Scum

------------ RVP ----- Rooney -----------
------------------- Adnan -------------------
--- New CM --------------- Kagawa ---
------------------- Carrick -------------------
Coentrao -- Jones -- Evans -- Rafael

lol, there's no fight in you. players wanted Mou and they got Moyes.

it was like asking for a handjob and end up getting fisted.
image.php

Feorax

------------ RVP ----- Rooney -----------
------------------- Adnan -------------------
--- New CM --------------- Kagawa ---
------------------- Carrick -------------------
Coentrao -- Jones -- Evans -- Rafael

That would be a great formation for a manager who knew how to play without heavily relying on traditional wide players.

Ashes

Banned
Mou would be ass under a Glazer administration

Actually, I think I agree with this. Mourinho has his own style of play. It's not the United way. Sure we'd be in the top three, maybe. But I don't like the way his teams play. Though to be honest, I never have.

Salazar

Actually, I think I agree with this. Mourinho has his own style of play. It's not the United way. Sure we'd be in the top three, maybe. But I don't like the way his teams play. Though to be honest, I never have.

Mou doesn't nullify the sheer catastrophising aplomb of Woodward. Mou very, very likely doesn't squeeze money out of the Glazers that Ferguson didn't. Mou is still left with a handy rabble of windowlickers, cripples, and incompetents.

The context of his employment at United would differ so radically, and (as we are coming to see in painfully sharp focus) unfavourably from that at Chelsea (which is basically a city state of surplus and expensive talent) that anyone wibbling about how we should have got him and comparing his hypothetical majesties to what Moyes has done is a div. A bowel-scraping div.

justjohn

Europa league winners now automatically get into the champions league. thats something right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Worst case scenario is selling Pogba in the summer

but is it REALLY a bad scenario? Not at all. We get silly money AND Verratti.

let's fucking do it right now.

Scum

That would be a great formation for a manager who knew how to play without heavily relying on traditional wide players.

...and that's the worse part of it all for Man Utd fans. They're losing, sure. But the manner in which Moyes' Boys are playing is absolutely dire. He needs to fix it soon or else a team will turn up and truly embarrass him.

Salazar

He'd have full control and none of the meddling from the owners.

This is a fantasy.

A force of personality chiefly manifested in acting fatigued in interviews (as if the labour of forcing out not terribly enlightening words and not terribly funny nonsense is a draaaag, man) doesn't counter-act brute capitalist ownership.

Anyone who subscribes to the Mou cult sufficiently to believe that he could bend the Glazers to his will - mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom