• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

None of this means that Vucinic isn't going to Inter. Probably still will go to Inter. Or, anyway, he's unlikely to return to Juventus.

Paging Arsene

EDIT: both Vucinic and Guarin pressing for the deal to be done. Guarin also menacing to not show up at training for Inter

Sorry for bad englando pls no copy pastarino

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm waiting for Bonucci and Pepe to delete their tweets before I give up

edit:

Guarin refusing to leave the office

I can't breathe LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Guarin has threatened Inter to not show up for training if they don't conclude a deal with Juventus - SKY

Rikkun

Aaron Giambattista ‏@agiamba 4m
Guarin is refusing to leave Juve's offices right now according to SKY.

Guaro please understand.

L1NETT

Bradley Orr going to Toronto FC

What is going on lol.

Can't understand Defoe's decision at all. Orr's bang average, but does Defoe simply not care ?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys this is too funny

I wish you can all login with my twitter and read my TL

BecPQCdCQAErtHO.jpg

BecOQBOIYAEBdVF.jpg

and the banter between Milan and Inter fans is killing me

"HEY at least we didn't buy Matri for 12M"

Well, didn't take too long for Inter fans to bring racism into this. THIS IS ITALY NOT INDONESIA WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

nter’s Curva Nord have released a statement condemning the news that Fredy Guarin could move to Juventus.

Reports on Monday have claimed that the Colombia international could be on his way to the Bianconeri, with Mirko Vucinic coming the other way.

However, the club’s hardcore fanbase have insisted that that is unacceptable.

“The move is taking place at this time of one of the most important players of Inter to another Italian side,” the statement read. “That is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

“We pose questions to President Moratti, to turn the spotlight on a company that is being run without any common sense.

“We are fed up of too many rotten apples at Inter.

“We just threw away a year (if not more) thanks to a forward-looking strategy. This could be a second.

“Inter plays in Serie A and deserves a company fit for Serie A.

“To Mr. Thohir – we recommend you forget baseball, NFL, NBA or other things that are light-years away from our reality.

“We want concrete acts – less of the ‘business’. We are in Italy, not Indonesia or the United States.

“But you are warmly invited to stay in this house.

“It’s just Guarin to Juve is not acceptable at this current moment.”

FootballFan

I'm home safely! Thanks Linius and Bacon!

Who wants me to come see a game next :p

Come to NZ and watch wellington phoenix play at Eden Park m8.

It's gonna be a cracker.

Er that was cause Liverpool won everything bar the league. they came second that year to Arsenal I think. Owen was like the suarez of today. He was definitely in the top three European footballers.

Those were the days before Ronaldo and Messi though, where you get sixty goals per season.

People forget how far ahead of the field ronaldo and messi really are. It was ridiculous when Ronaldo intially had that 42 goals season, but for messi to go to fifty and now ronaldo to go even further. Absolutely mental goals scoring records.

Messi got 73 goals and 28 assists in that one season(2011-2012). :lol ridiculous.

For those just tuning in to our programme….

TIMELINE:
- Inter lost 1-0 to Genoa, aka Gasperini's Revengers. Coach Mazzarri and others complain about how Inter can't score up front.

- Inter's new owner, Erick Tohir, says that the money isn't there to reinforce the team upfront.

- Marco Branca, Inter's director of sport, offers Juventus a swap deal: Fredy Guarin for Mirko Vucinic, all sides agree. Juventus players publicly wish Vucinic the best of luck. Done deal?

- Inter fans "on twitter" complain. Inter Ultras post a message saying how this is an unacceptable move, claim Tohir doesn't understand Italy and Italian football, and should stop running Inter like a business.

- Deal seems to fall apart. Vucinic's status is unknown.

- Meanwhile, Guarin, who had turned down a move to Juventus from Porto several years ago in favour of Inter, is parked in Inter's offices in Milan and is demanding a deal for Juventus, otherwise he will refuse to train and play with Inter. In other words, even if Guarin stays at Inter, they lost their best player and got nothing in return.

Edit: Update? Loan deals for both Vucinic and Guarin proposed, to be finalised in summer. Might pacify Interistas, but frankly, fuck that. Juventus knows a lot about loan deals with option to buy. #MeloNeverForget

FootballFan

Still so much salt about the award allegedly no one in here cared for

Bayern gaf seem to care the most tbh.

But still, you can't talk about "allegedly no one in here cared for" lol. You and Madrid-gaf were in here saying it's a popularity award, it's rigged, FIFA hates Ronaldo, no one cares about it etc when it looked like Ronaldo wouldn't win it.

now you have a golden ronaldo avatar because of the award lol. <3

How can anybody not like Italian football. I mean, look at this. It's so great, even if Milan has nothing to do with it I'm laughing like an idiot.

Timurid

Cabella in the summer confirmed. Hope he lights up the Premier League.

Going to miss Kebab though. :(
He'll be home though. :)

Pogba, Verratti, and Cabaye midfield. Too good! Long shot galore!

Feel bad for inter. Shit year and being manage by abunch of dumbfucks. They need to clean house over there.

L1NETT

@Kyo Gotta have faith that the Cabaye money (this is if he goes..) will be put to good use. He's a long contract, there is gonna be a fair chunk. Fund a move for a top striker?

--

Titanfall looks mint, and new Duck sauce is even more mint. Mondo is beyond catchy.

Oi Quiche wanna come Molineux to watch us lose 8-0 to Wolves?

Sorry about Matri, Lucifer. BUT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY SIGN VUCINIC RIGHT NOW HOW GOOD WOULD THAT BE?
Yeah. So we sold you up the river with the Matri deal, whatever, but Vucinic is the real deal. How does &#8364;12m sound? That's like a 20% discount on his market value. Much Montenegrin. So consistency.

Balotinic. Vucitelli. The headlines write themselves.

Act fast. Buy now.

Zabojnik

Is this the real world? Or am I still watching Captain Philips (which I just saw, good movie btw)? Captain Guarin is being held for ransom by filthy interista pirates?

SOMEONE CALL THE MARINESSSSSS

Lightning

Banned
This Inter news is awesome because it means Arsene can wait until the summer and get a proper player rather than that Juve reject.

Do not want!

To be fair they had a darn good game last week, and then the manager selected someone coming back from injury, put in a winger whose been out of form, and repeated the same mistake from the first half of last week [ Januzaj up top].

Doesn't instill confidence in the team, if that's the manager's picks - especially when for once, there was a possibility of a team - from the outside looking in - to have been picked by it self. Kagawa up top. Januzaj left. Fletcher and Carrick in the middle.

Having said that, 3-1 is not reflective of how the game went. Our defence was piss poor. As in they really really let in some soft goals.

Not that we created a lot of chances. You're not going to create a lot of chances against Chelsea.

Januzaj didn't play the same position/role in the last match as the Swansea match. Against Swansea he was under the striker. Against Chelsea, he was basically the striker. They had Welbeck playing as the 10. My guess is that Moyes wanted Januzaj to get on a 1v1 high up the pitch and have Welbeck run up to meet a Januzaj pass. You can see that happened here

ibsxUZzgK0XEdT.gif

ijw9GL0josGIM.gif

The problem was that the midfield didn't push up to attack the pass and Valencia's runs were often too late. Welbeck was covered by several defenders. It was a mistake. Welbeck needs to play as the 9 to score goals and Januzaj should have seen more of the ball to create something. He could have achieved the same strategy by playing Januzaj on the left, but further up the pitch, and by playing Kagawa behind Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom