• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
here's a little something for UnitedGAF to help them keep the faith :3

1606876_637757382953401_418457011_n.png

Razor554

Rosell: "Es una buena idea pensar la estatua de Leo Messi en el nuevo Camp Nou".
It's a good idea to think about a statue of Leo Messi in the new Camp Nou.

do-it.gif

L1NETT

He is such a cunt.

He might be, but the point he brings up here isn't an invalid one.

Managers moaning at refs helps nobody. I understand heat of the moment, frustration blah blah blah but crying about decisions is such a lame excuse most of the time.

Take a look at you and your team first before the officials.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wow. What an unbelievable (domestic) performance. It's pretty mindblowing. I mean just look at that, two goals and two assists in 25 matches in 98/99. Now that is world class.

He's actually world class, but you wouldn't know looking at his stats.

pic606.jpg

pic606.jpg

pic606.jpg

pulga

Banned
I can see where they're coming from. Ronaldo and Messi both are incredible and deserve the awards they've won, I just find this whole "Look at the stats" shit that has been thrown around laughable. They're great players, the whole stats stuff isn't needed to justify their nomination.

I don't think I've ever once said "look at the stats" you know. I look at the players on the pitch and it is a fact that what Cristiano and Messi do on it can't be matched by anyone else. Ribery just isn't in their class.

FootballFan

Messi is a closer to tier 3 than 1. But that's nothing to be ashamed off. It contains legends like Didier Dogba.

Neymar hasn't shown enough to be ranked.

Most goals in 1 year, ever.
Most goals in 1 season, ever.
4 Ballon d'Ors
2 CL final goals.
CL top scorer 3(4?) times.
Few goals away from being top CL scorer of all time.
Over 15 trophies won.

No dutch player has achieved half that lol. In history. And probably never will.

Oh and still 26.

GOAT.

It isn't a coincidence Ronaldo won the Balloon Door the same year Messi was injured 3 months ya know. ;)

You compared Sea-doof to Zidane, no more needs to be said. lol.

Walshy

Good grief. Look at Collymore's twitter.
Why does he actually care so much if he dived or not? He didn't dive anyway and just because it's Suarez it has caused this much 'controversy' from 'journalists'.

The abuse isn't right, but he really doesn't help himself by favoriting tweets to him calling Liverpool fans murderers.

It's just a bunch of men kicking a ball around, why do people get so worked up?

Clegg

I don't think anyone was shitting on Ribery, but it's completely reasonable to point out the statistics of Messi and Ronaldo to say that they had superior seasons.

Ronaldo deserves the award, but the whole "Look at the stats" talk to shit on Ribery was embarassing and stupid. Do I need to dig up the stats of other ballon d'or winners as well?
This argument is strange because it's not as if those winners beat out someone who scored 60+ goals in a season.

At this point in time Ronaldo is a far superior Chicharito. More speed, power, better technique, etc..., but in the end he's a poacher compared to the old Ronaldo. Old Ronaldo would create much more for his teammates and dribble at defenders while picking up his goals.

Fuck the new Ronaldo.

Forza Modric!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why not count the amount of match-winning and crucial tackles EH?

Vidal was robbed

Vucinic's agent gone on same taxi of Inter director Piero Ausilio.

Inter's director "I just want to go home....."

"Tomorrow you will know everything ."

Marotta "It's not done yet. :)"

#FreeGuarin

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They beat out guys that scored and assisted much more goals though. Do Ronaldo and Messi deserve their awards? Absolutely, but just pointing at the stats is - with all due respect - pointless. It's not that stats don't matter, but alone they don't mean much. It's especially pointless because of different leagues, positions and play styles.

The nominees and their positions also used to be a lot more diverse.

but he scored 60 goals in La Liga

pls understand and give up

I'd give it to CR7 over Messi or Ribery any day of the week anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom