• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bec6GoiIAAAxH68.jpg

greatest-office-gifs-ice-cream.gif

Iniesta is this generation's Zidane. He deserves a ballon d'or.

you're banned from our Juve meetings

pulga

Banned
Most goals in 1 year, ever.
Most goals in 1 season, ever.
4 Ballon d'Ors
2 CL final goals.
CL top scorer 3(4?) times.
Few goals away from being top CL scorer of all time.
Over 15 trophies won.

No dutch player has achieved half that lol. In history. And probably never will.

Oh and still 26.

GOAT.

It isn't a coincidence Ronaldo won the Balloon Door the same year Messi was injured 3 months ya know. ;)

You compared Sea-doof to Zidane, no more needs to be said. lol.

1hookchase.gif

It makes you wonder though. Messi has been plagued by injuries. Xavi and Iniesta are at their weakest right now, yet Ronaldo can't take his team above Barca despite having Bale, Isco, etc...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Even that isn't a good argument these days when you consider the fact the top scorers in the last 6 Cl campaigns were ....you guessed it, ronaldo and messi.

Cl ain't la liga lol

did they score 60 goals in the CL?

but yeah, when you score 60 goals in any fucking league, I'd expect you to at least top the scoring charts in Europe. :)

pulga

Banned
It makes you wonder though. Messi has been plagued by injuries. Xavi and Iniesta are at their weakest right now, yet Ronaldo can't take his team above Barca despite having Bale, Isco, etc...

your team can't even take it above Everton and Spurs lol

and we're only 1 point behind ;)
9c504b86-1.gif

Lightning

Banned
So many people here said the award doesn't mean anything yet it clearly does given the reactions every year when xxxxxxx player doesn't win it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Zero atmosphere at the Hawthorns. Do they know they're in a relegation scrap and have a new manager? Make some noise FFS.

L1NETT

Uni was selling Villa vs WBA tickets.

Might go. Agree that there needs to be less Lancashire/Midlands/London teams in the Prem though.

Yorkshire plllllease.

In 2003, Ruud scored 44 goals in 52 matches, 12 of which were done in 9 CL games. Ruud won the PL that year.

Ronaldo scored 55 goals in 55 matches and 12 goals in CL last season in 12 CL games. Didn't win shit.

Ruud didn't even get top 3 for the Balon D'or.

What is the difference?
This is a disgrace!

Lightning

Banned
In 2003, Ruud scored 44 goals in 52 matches, 12 of which were done in 9 CL games. Ruud won the PL that year.

Ronaldo scored 55 goals in 55 matches and 12 goals in CL last season in 12 CL games. Didn't win shit.

Ruud didn't even get top 3 for the Balon D'or.

What is the difference?
This is a disgrace!
Ruud was an asshole in every sense. Didn't deserve shit!

Yo guys; anyone try the iOS version of Football Manger 2014? Thinking of getting that since I need something to play during commutes and don't like lugging around my 3DS.

Wes

venison crêpe

Might go. Agree that there needs to be less Lancashire/Midlands/London teams in the Prem though.

Yorkshire plllllease.

Be good to have Leicester back next year though which is looking more and more likely.

Feorax

Yo guys; anyone try the iOS version of Football Manger 2014? Thinking of getting that since I need something to play during commutes and don't like lugging around my 3DS.

Yeah. It's not much different from 2013, other than the layout is a little bit smarter.

For simple on-the-go playing, it's great. If you want even half the depth of the PC version though, it's probably not for you.

EDIT: LUGANOOOOO!!!!

Meier

What an absolutely beautiful goal. Every component of it. Hate to lose my CS bonuses for Everton but at least they went out in style.

Randdalf

I tried out 2013 on my tablet, seemed like a really really shallow experience compared to the proper games.

Yeah. It's not much different from 2013, other than the layout is a little bit smarter.

For simple on-the-go playing, it's great. If you want even half the depth of the PC version though, it's probably not for you.

EDIT: LUGANOOOOO!!!!
That's what I was worried about. :( oh well.

Moodmon

Neo Member

Yorkshire plllllease.

I have to ask. Two Midlands clubs is too many? What next, quota so only one Welsh side in the Premier League?

Walshy

Yorkshire plllllease.
To be honest, I'd love Forest and Leeds to come back to the PL.

Forest in particular, a two-time European cup winner shouldn't be in the second tier.

L1NETT

I have to ask. Two Midlands clubs is too many? What next, quota so only one Welsh side in the Premier League?

Oh yeah, I am in huge favour of a quota. That's exactly what I said. One more county sounds reasonable actually. Good idea that. :p (just joking fella)

Forest is a decent shout Walsh. Just want less stale clubs like WBA, Fulham, Norwich and such. Nothing against them, just so dull.

Leeds? Hmm give me a sec on that one.

No

Not in the slightest.

The clubs have always had a close relationship. Bournemouth fans were acting up abit in League 1 but that was all show.

Huh. Who can hate Howe anyways, he's so lovable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom