• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Thank fuck. Our worst week of the season by a long way and we're still in the top 4 (barely).

Derby day will be electric.

Meier

Oof. Close one. That was wide though so it's not like Distin can be blamed for the offside preventing a goal. Big result for the teams fighting for 4th.

jesalr

That was good enough.

When City destroy the Sherwood 442 next week, at least we'll only be 3 points back at worst, and 1 at best.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Oh yeah, I am in huge favour of a quota. That's exactly what I said. One more county sounds reasonable actually. Good idea that. :p

Forest is a decent shout Walsh. Just want less stale clubs like WBA, Fulham, Norwich and such. Nothing against them, just so dull.

Leeds? Hmm give me a sec on that one.

No

Huh. Who can hate Howe anyways, he's so lovable.

Someone needs to turn on their sarcasm detector. Try them on these, see if it goes off.

I honestly think there should be a quota on clubs from different regions. Hence using Wales as an example (two clubs) after you used the Midlands (err...two clubs).

Lugano is most definitely a quality player, as his goal showed. He is most definitely not keeping out a young and talented defender in Dawson for reasons.

I am legit shook about all this and would not be using these quote boxes for banter in any way, shape or form

L1NETT

Candidate for most boring game of 2014. Jeebz

Mood my son, :p is key.

Look at my avatar. Lord of sarcasm.

----

Hopefully Gaf doesn't go down due to this YT shenanigans. Need some procrastination from this bloomin essay.

Martinez blaming the pitch. The beginning of the end.

IqBejAh.jpg

edit: 3 MONTHS?!

M'Vila pls

any1 pls

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was good enough.

When City destroy the Sherwood 442 next week, at least we'll only be 3 points back at worst, and 1 at best.

Sherwood has learned his lesson now, against certain teams 442 is just not an option. He'll play this front 6:

Sandro Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Townsend
Adebayor

TeddyBoy

Lucas is meant to be out for three months too. Going to force our hand into the transfer market.

Lucas is injured, but that won't affect our transfers. We still have plenty of cover in the centre, Allen suits our style more so than Lucas, if he should get injured as well, it would be terrible for us, but even then, we wouldn't rush for transfer.

Walshy

I don't think we would attempt to buy a DM without this happening.

Hopefully we will have a silver lining. We should have 2 dedicated DMs.
The problem which could happen, is that we might just get another loan in.

Barrett is saying there isn't an interest in M'Vila that he knows of, so I guess that's off the table. I would like to see us go for that Fernando Reges or Gonalons since his move to Napoli fell through.

Lucas is injured, but that won't affect our transfers. We still have plenty of cover in the centre, Allen suits our style more so than Lucas, if he should get injured as well, it would be terrible for us, but even then, we wouldn't rush for transfer.
Allen isn't that good as a defensive midfielder, certainly not the level which we will need for the rest of the season.

L1NETT

Everton manager and players so much more classier than their Liverpool counterparts.

Pienaar is a knarly bastard. And Mirallas likes a cheeky Tom Daley now and then. And Wisdom is a stand up lad, he counterbalances some of the slightly more...um....colourful characters in the pool dressing room.

Martinez is a fucking top guy though. Sharply dressed too.

jesalr

Sherwood has learned his lesson now, against certain teams 442 is just not an option. He'll play this front 6:

Sandro Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Townsend
Adebayor

Sandro and Townsend won't be fit, because the universe can't let us just have this for once.

It'll be Bentaleb out of some blind faith, and Toure will try and eat him in a scene much like the giant from Jack & the beanstalk. "Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a flattened French Algerian"

Ushojax

Sandro and Townsend won't be fit, because the universe can't let us just have this for once.

It'll be Bentaleb out of some blind faith, and Toure will try and eat him in a scene much like the giant from Jack & the beanstalk. "Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a flattened French Algerian"

They are both fit and in full training, they have been for the last 10 days. Were saving them for City, I'm sure we'll arrange a training ground friendly for those two plus Lamela, Kaboul and Vertonghen to get some sharpness.

The problem which could happen, is that we might just get another loan in.

Barrett is saying there isn't an interest in M'Vila that he knows of, so I guess that's off the table. I would like to see us go for that Fernando Reges or Gonalons since his move to Napoli fell through.

Allen isn't that good as a defensive midfielder, certainly not the level which we will need for the rest of the season.

Allen - Decent enough for a one-off game against weak opposition where we have the lion's share of possession
Gerrard - Nope
Henderson - Only in theory

At all levels of the squad, Lucas is the only one competent at the basic task of protecting the back 4. If we fail to bring in a DM by the end of the month, it'll be sheer negligence tbh. The Everton match may be coming a bit too early for it, but we have 11 days to get it done, and we've shown a few times that we are well capable of getting a transfer done within 4 days.

In all honesty, it was stupid not to get a DM backup in the summer. Wonder if we've thought about putting Agger there. Could try it against Bournemouth, though Rodgers might be reticent to pissing about in FA Cup games against lower league opposition after last season's embarassment.

Kelly and Toure at the back for Bournemouth, save Sakho and Sktrl for the derby.

pls no

Get Sakho back into the swing of things before throwing him up against Lukaku after a few weeks out. Especially if our defense will be under as much or more pressure as they were against Villa

Walshy

Allen - Decent enough for a one-off game against weak opposition where we have the lion's share of possession
Gerrard - Nope
Henderson - Only in theory

At all levels of the squad, Lucas is the only one competent at the basic task of protecting the back 4. If we fail to bring in a DM by the end of the month, it'll be sheer negligence tbh. The Everton match may be coming a bit too early for it, but we have 11 days to get it done, and we've shown a few times that we are well capable of getting a transfer done within 4 days.

In all honesty, it was stupid not to get a DM backup in the summer. Wonder if we've thought about putting Agger there. Could try it against Bournemouth, though Rodgers might be reticent to pissing about in FA Cup games against lower league opposition after last season's embarassment.
To echo what you are saying, I think Allen is good at defensive-midfield when it's against weaker opposition. He's solid enough when we play the bottom half in the league, however against Everton? I don't think he should be playing there.

I was saying on here for us to bring in Barry in the summer, it would of been a perfect back-up whilst we get in the Champions League and bring in a better defensive midfielder. I think Agger is out till February, so no chance of experimenting against Bournemouth.

I think we are stuck with an Allen - Gerrard - Henderson midfield for the derby, with Henderson furthest forward.

Kelly and Toure at the back for Bournemouth, save Sakho and Sktrl for the derby.
Only if we give Sakho a run out in the second half for a good 45 minutes. He could be like Agger, where he slots into the back four like he's never been injured.

I would like to see Lloyd Jones involved with the Bournemouth game though.

Feorax

Who do you think will play in the Bournmouth game? You think Kelly will be centre-back again and who's gonna partner him? Sakho?

Mignolet; Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Kelly; Allen, Hendo, Alberto; Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Flanagan and Sakho will get minutes, then either Gerrard or Studge will be 3rd sub depending on how it's going.

Walshy

Mignolet; Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Kelly; Allen, Hendo, Alberto; Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Flanagan and Sakho will get minutes, then either Gerrard or Studge will be 3rd sub depending on how it's going.
That's too strong of a team for me. Wouldn't you involve Aspas? He was okay against Oldham and Bournemouth are similar opposition.

I wouldn't play Coutinho either, I would put Ibe and Moses on the wings.

edit: Scratch that, I wouldn't have Moses anywhere near the starting line up. Would put Sterling there instead.

Feorax

That's too strong of a team for me. Wouldn't you involve Aspas? He was okay against Oldham and Bournemouth are similar opposition.

Possibly in place of Coutinho if we're going 4-4-2, but I'd like to see if Coutinho can play himself into form.

Walshy

That's what I was thinking. If he doesn't play well against Bournemouth, don't start him against Everton
I'd play him more centrally though if I was going to start him. He has been really ineffective out wide recently and it doesn't help that he's got the worst shot conversion rate out of our whole squad this season.

Give me the Coutinho of last season.

Ushojax

So glad Everton drew tonight, with the Merseyside derby next a defeat to City won't set us back too much.

I'm curious to see what teams City and West Ham field tomorrow, if Sam's reserves are so bad that they lose to Forest 5-0, I can only imagine what City will do. May as well save face and name a decent team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sandro Rosell has denied that information published in 'El Mundo' was true, which claimed that Neymar had cost Barcelona €95 million and not the €57 million stated by the club.
"I will say it again. Neymar cost €57.1 million and there's no more to it. That's the umpteenth time I've said it", Rosell resoundingly said. "I would also like to make a request to the Judge with all my respect. I ask him to accept the dispute and to call me to declare", he added.
Rosell explained his request by saying that: "This means I will not have to skip the confidentiality clause we have in this transfer and as is always the case at Barça, it's a clause that was requested by another party, not by us".
"There's nothing to hide. Everything is explicable", he concluded

Translation: Please don't force me to declare the real cost. An unnamed party requested that we hide the cost because reasons. Please understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom