• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
we sold Zidane decades ago and now everyone thinks we're a selling club
I mean I think people are basing that on the relative shittiness and financial impotence of Serie A, but yeah, we have no financial imperative to sell. At all.

We will sell big players for two reasons only:

1. The players in question demand to go (possible in Pogba's case, unlikely in anyone else's).
2. The sale is big enough to finance several buying moves that would improve the squad (as with the Zidane sale).

That's it.

And we're not selling anyone to Manchester United. Not Moyes's 7th place United, at least.

Zabojnik

Juventus (3-5-2): Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso; Quagliarella, Giovinco.

We are already dead.

GorillaJu

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

people need to fucking get over the idea of buying our players

we sold Zidane decades ago and now everyone thinks we're a selling club

Errm you sold Ashton Kutcher, Anelka, Giaccherini, Krasic, etc. you're obviously a selling club.

The English press seem to believe Vucinic is being sold to Arsenal, not to Inter, by the way.

L1NETT

He seems to think it's that simple. This ain't FM you bellend

To be fair to Collymore (ew) he always rants on about kids who play FM, tweet him and think they know shit about football.

And his point about United needing Cabaye more than mata?

Personally I don't think he's wrong.

Kyoufu

Would Cabaye pick Utd over PSG anyway though?

He would if he was given a good deal, but he's also close with Larry White who has been trying to get him to sign since he took over in the summer, and you just know PSG will pay him well.

PSG is the likeliest and most favourable destination. I'd rather see him go abroad than down the road.

I am interested to see what strength side Garcia plays for tonight. I hope he will take it seriously, because the league is gone
and I want ro watch Totti

GQman2121

Banned
He's really done nothing this year of note. Still a good player but £37 million is a lot for someone who is just not apart of the current team. If he goes now it just means Mou will replace him with someone he will actually play next year.

Barzul

I would sell Mata if I was getting 37m for him. Man Utd is not a rival for Chelsea this season, and what guarantee is there that they'll be competing next season? None. Mata would actually be good for United but he doesn't solve their real problems which is their CM and fullback positions. He'd probably get them to CL which would be worth it for them I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Edit: yikes! long post, sorry!

Errm you sold Ashton Kutcher, Anelka, Giaccherini, Krasic, etc. you're obviously a selling club.
Don't forget our star strikers Matri and Mirko.
3AQmK.gif

Conte always plays to the gallery (for the sake of his players/fans) in the mercato. He gives you the impression that Marotta (or teh financial situation) is forcing his hand. But we all know (including his players) that no one goes in our out of Juve without his seal of approval.

The English press seem to believe Vucinic is being sold to Arsenal, not to Inter, by the way

He had his medical with Inter a few hours ago!

Juventus (3-5-2): Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso; Quagliarella, Giovinco.

We are already dead.

I honestly don't trust Storari anymore. He barely fucking jumps
KuGsj.gif

Oh Isla is starting. Why? What's wrong with our first choice Padoin?
KuGsj.gif

We will sell big players for two reasons only:
and everyone seems to forget how inconsistent Zidane was. Selling him for that amount of money was one of the best decisions we ever made.

Pogba though :( he's clearly one of our best players.

but..

Marco-Verratti-Midfielder-e1346430372763-300x223.jpg

yGtNU1-give-it-to-me-now-stephen-colb-wMQs.gif

L1NETT

Don't wanna start a club pissing contest, but easy on the we aren't rivals shtick Chelsea fans. You aren't direct rivals at the mo granted but to wave away Manchester fucking United is hilariously short sighted.

You're Chelsea for gods sake. Loads of clubs have their 15 minutes, pipe down :p Remember your roots chums.

(not on here to an extent, seen lots of shite thrown about the old internet)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
From Salazar's favourite account

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
Picture: Messi surrounded by 9 Levante players pic.twitter.com/uvmlnpXjwX [via @messi10stats]

BecCzGoCEAAmO75.jpg

KuGsj.gif

edit: Collymore deleted his Chiellini tweet.

If I was on the board and the phone rang and it was United looking for Mata, I'd tell them to talk to me about Rooney. If Rooney wasn't coming the other way I'd tell them to take whatever price they were thinking of offering for Mata and double it.

FuturusX

So Everton choked today...good sign.

In other news, is that Mata to UTD thing of any real substance?

If it does not work out...it's still a good sign for UTD fans. Moyes is willing to address the problem areas.. Trust him.

I myself would rebuild the entire team around the following players:

De Gea

Januzaj

Rooney V.Persie

Yep. Everybody else....GTFO.

Salazar

Everybody else....GTFO.

I'm not without sympathy for the sentiment, but - yeah. It's a Daily Star-tier fantasy.

Apart from anything, Carrick's actually quite good, see. And lol at "rebuild around Wayne Rooney" - he wants to fucken leave. He wants to be one of the players out the door.

Scum

So Everton choked today...good sign.

In other news, is that Mata to UTD thing of any real substance?

If it does not work out...it's still a good sign for UTD fans. Moyes is willing to address the problem areas.. Trust him.

I myself would rebuild the entire team around the following players:

De Gea

Januzaj

Rooney V.Persie

Yep. Everybody else....GTFO.

Future, pls. If it were up to me, Rooney would be first one to be sold. I'll keep, De Gea, Jones, Rafael, Kagawa, Carrick and Adnan. Wouldn't keep RVP for too long though.

By all means, she's not my type
3AQmK.gif

What's wrong, Yurt? Too skinny??

FuturusX

I am trolling Naturally, UTD don't need that many players. I exaggerate to make the point. They should have laid the groundwork better for Moyes that's for sure.

But if there was, it's not necessarily a case of Moyes' men on their way to being the team they should be. Rather, at times, it felt like United were progressing toward being the Everton of four or five years ago.

From Gab Marcotti, that is brutal. United are dead.

I hate that sort of selective quoting. That sentence has been cut. What was the entire thing he said?

You can read the game purely through incidents and episodes and conclude that United were simply unlucky and that there was progress. But if there was, it's not necessarily a case of Moyes' men on their way to being the team they should be. Rather, at times, it felt like United were progressing toward being the Everton of four or five years ago.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
From Gab Marcotti, that is brutal. United are dead.

I'm not trying to pull a doicare, but did he forget that United were missing RVP, Rooney and to a lesser extent Rio and Big Fell? You can't judge their limit over that XI.

he's just mad we're stealing his Guarin and giving them Mirko.
3AQmK.gif

Let me tell you something, if a woman like that makes sexual advances to you, you make her your type.
What's wrong, Yurt? Too skinny??
guys pls, y'all sound like shortyme now..

Lightning

Banned
I'm not trying to pull a doicare, but did he forget that United were missing RVP, Rooney and to a lesser extent Rio and Big Fell? You can't judge their limit over that XI.

he's just mad we're stealing his Guarin and giving them Mirko..
I don't understand your excitement over it. You don't really need Guarin.

K1LLER7

Not having RVP and Rooney playing together has hurt. Hopefully they get back soon. Looking forward to seeing Adnan link up with them. Think we've seen them play together 1 time this and that was against Fulham away.

Inter fans threaten to protest by throwing seats on the pitch(?!) if the swap deal happens. Lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't understand your excitement over it. You don't really need Guarin.

No one is really excited about it.
KuGsj.gif
But we're loving the idea!

a Juve reserve is moving to be an Inter starter and an Inter starter (and best player) is moving to be a Juve reserve.

29puctljpg.gif

A sign of the times for Inter.

Lightning

Banned
No one is really excited about it.
KuGsj.gif
But we're loving the idea!

a Juve reserve is moving to be an Inter starter and an Inter starter (and best player) is moving to be a Juve reserve.

29puctljpg.gif

A sign of the times for Inter.
And Bayern fans get shit from the forum when they do that? Nice one football gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom