• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And Bayern fans get shit from the forum when they do that? Nice one football gaf.

HEY we're giving them someone!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

And to be fair, they asked for Mirko first. Marotta came up with the brilliant idea of including Guarin in the deal :p And now Fredy and his agent are pushing for it.

and all of this will finally lead to..

gilardino-violino-o.gif

it's destiny Gilalove.

Zaha is shit. He'll be playing for Aston Villa soon enough.

He genuinely has the ability to beat players with ease, but his decision making is so bad. He doesn't yet realize that utilizing his teammates can get him better opportunities to create or score. Also, he likes to gather as many players as possible and then he starts dribbling at them.

Lightning

Banned
HEY we're giving them someone!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

And to be fair, they asked for Mirko first. Marotta came up with the brilliant idea of including Guarin in the deal :p And now Fredy and his agent are pushing for it.

and all of this will finally lead to..

gilardino-violino-o.gif

it's destiny Gilalove.
The state of the football club is self explanatory when Guarin is your best player so I just can't understand the logic for Inter doing this or why Juve want Guarin.

Inter and Milan are such a shit show mess right now. It gives Juve free reign in the Serie A.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The state of the football club is self explanatory when Guarin is your best player so I just can't understand the logic for Inter doing this or why Juve want Guarin.

Inter and Milan are such a shit show mess right now. It gives Juve free reign in the Serie A.
I think you're underestimating Garcia's Roma (!) and Napoli.

A few weeks ago we were 5-6 points behind them. Totti's injury was the turning point.

and yeah, they deal makes no sense at all haha.

Lightning

Banned
I think you're underestimating Garcia's Roma (!) and Napoli.

A few weeks ago we were 5-6 points behind them. Totti's injury was the turning point.

and yeah, they deal makes no sense at all haha.
I am not under estimating Roma at all. They have taken advantage of not have European football drain them, but that's a losers advantage, as soon as a few injuries happened the wheels went south for Roma and next season when they're in Europe it will be even worse. Napoli. Napoli spent a lot of Cavani money they will not have next season, no more super expensive superstars there, so they will have to add to their squad with a more realistic budget going forward and since they didn't qualify they will likely get a tough group again, not to mention they are inconsistent.

Neither of those teams can challenge Juventus over the course of a season.

Inter are pissing away their chance with horrible recent results and continued incompetence in the transfer market.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lightning, you're asking me to feel sorry for Inter, and I simply can't do that.
3AQmK.gif
They're our Spurs, if you will.

Oh don't worry about Napoli's spending! ADL is filthy rich and Napoli is one of the best run clubs in the world. He's an ambitious owner and he won't rest until they win a couple more titles.

Fiorentina reminds me of Liverpool this season. A signing or two away from being a genuine title contender, and they play the best football in Italy. La-Liga-esque.

tbh it's refreshing to see the Milan clubs struggling for a change! I'm tired of going up against them.
and tired of being shit too :(

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, JuveGAF is killing me.

Stop this fucking circus, please.
you're just catching up?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Peco

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I mean, Inter is now owned by that Indonesian guy, why are they still acting like monkeys.

Rikkun

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I mean, Inter is now owned by that Indonesian guy, why are they still acting like monkeys.

Because the team is actually not good enough to compete in Serie A, and also there's something going on inside (I guess some of the best players would prefer to be sold, like Handanovic ang Guarin).

Also, they're getting penalized, unlike Milan. Rigorelli everywhere.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Toehair PSY genuinely doesn't give a fuck about football
KuGsj.gif

their ultras are BEGGING him to come back to Italy just for ONE DAY

and fucking Brancahahahaha

BddvK2QCIAEZoEM.jpg

Rikkun

Toehair PSY genuinely doesn't give a fuck about football
KuGsj.gif

their ultras are BEGGING him to come back to Italy just for ONE DAY

and fucking Brancahahahaha

BddvK2QCIAEZoEM.jpg

That's just unfair, they're one of the most active in this window!

Happy birthday Dissonance!

Lightning

Banned
Lightning, you're asking me to feel sorry for Inter, and I simply can't do that.
3AQmK.gif
They're our Spurs, if you will.

Oh don't worry about Napoli's spending! ADL is filthy rich and Napoli is one of the best run clubs in the world. He's an ambitious owner and he won't rest until they win a couple more titles.

Fiorentina reminds me of Liverpool this season. A signing or two away from being a genuine title contender, and they play the best football in Italy. La-Liga-esque.
I'm not asking you too feel sorry for Inter, or not intending to anyway, but you could at least not rub it in. It's painful! And the Inter coach makes up too many bullshit excuses when things go wrong.

Liverpool need A LOT more than 1 or 2 signings from challenging the title. Fiorentina have impressed thus far for me, they are a club who know what they are doing. Progressing quite well but need to hang onto their players and snip Roma's CL spot since Roma don't deserve it.

Ilets not talking about Inter pls
No can do. I'm incredibly frustrated. Lose to Lazio, Draw to Verona, Lose to Genoa and now idiots in the transfer market. 11 points off where the club should be because of a disastrous start to the year.

What do you make of this rubbish?

Salazar

Telegraph says Man United looking at Patrick Hermann too, I remember when Arsenal was linked to him.

Not opposed to some good scouting, but we should do business. Soon.

Telegraph ballwashing

Jose Mourinho's majestic skills have changed the Premier League title picture

Pellegrini, I'd grant, has got City playing astonishing stuff even considering the stupendous amounts of money injected.

Thanks guys :D
haha Yurt did you get an aneurysm posting that?

No can do. I'm incredibly frustrated. Lose to Lazio, Draw to Verona, Lose to Genoa and now idiots in the transfer market. 11 points off where the club should be because of a disastrous start to the year.

What do you make of this rubbish?
It's clear that they have major management issues and I really hope it gets changed before things somehow get worse. They should nuke the old players and Kovacic because he sucks, put everything into developing Icardi, try any way you can to get more young players, maybe someone like Rodrigo from Benfica, and get more creativity in the midfield. I disagree with people who say defending is the issue. It's not. Our problem is not finishing off teams and scoring goals. Looking back it's crazy how we were the top scoring team in Serie A a month or so into the season. What the fuck went wrong?

As much as I like Mazzarri, I think he to change up his tactics or just leave altogether, too. His counter-attacking style that he played at Napoli just doesn't work here, we don't have players with the quality of Cavani, Lavezzi, or Hamsik. As it is he simply doesn't fit with the club but then again he is working the best with what he has. We just don't have the quality to play great football.

Rikkun

Thanks guys :D
haha Yurt did you get an aneurysm posting that?

It's clear that they have major management issues and I really hope it gets changed before things somehow get worse. They should nuke the old players and Kovacic because he sucks, put everything into developing Icardi, try any way you can to get more young players, maybe someone like Rodrigo from Benfica, and get more creativity in the midfield. I disagree with people who say defending is the issue. It's not. Our problem is not finishing off teams and scoring goals. Looking back it's crazy how we were the top scoring team in Serie A a month or so into the season. What the fuck went wrong?

As much as I like Mazzarri, I think he to change up his tactics or just leave altogether, too. His counter-attacking style that he played at Napoli just doesn't work here, we don't have players with the quality of Cavani, Lavezzi, or Hamsik. As it is he simply doesn't fit with the club but then again he is working the best with what he has. We just don't have the quality to play great football.

UGH. He's a cunt, can't stand the guy. Poor Maxi Lopez.. You should move Jonathan in a striker position and just watch the money flow
out of your pockets

Draconian

he supports Arsenal, therefore he hates Spurs.

I support Juve, they're our Spurs.

Oh ok, when I think of Spurs, I think of the "lovable losers" aka the side that has a lot of fervent supporters, but always seems to disappoint when it matters.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aaah Icardi
643aWTw.gif
643aWTw.gif
643aWTw.gif

Oh ok, when I think of Spurs, I think of the "lovable losers" aka the side that has a lot of supporters, but always seems to disappoint when it matters.
haha Inter were the lovable losers in Italy for as long as I remember.

And now they're back after their brief period of success.

Yurt, when the fuck do you sleep? I'm sue you've been posting for about 36 hours straight :p

@Lightning, its disingenuous to say we need more than 2 players to challenge for the title

If we had a really good CM who could replace Lucas to a reasonable degree, and a really good leftback, I genuinely think we'd be 4-6 points better off. I mean, look at you this season. Last year I'd have thought you needed upgrades at rightback, someone to compete with your centrebacks, a backup DM and a new striker. All you did was bring in Ozil and Flamini, who have been good but haven't exacly pulled up any trees, and you're right in there.

For us, its about getting that defensive unit playing like an actual unit, getting them fit and Rodgers nailing down his best back 4 & midfield. With Suarez and Sturridge, the goals take care of themselves almost. Having that one world class player, especially when they're a striker, can make a team that is actually 5+ players away from being title challengers into one that could challenge with 2.

Obviously if we miss out on fourth and Suarez goes, then we'll be up shit creek and need 5 very good players to have a hope of surprising everyone and challenging. We just don't have the defensive platform that you and Chelsea do where you can trust the defense to keep it tight, and take advantage of a couple of chances for routine wins. We're too reliant on scoring 3 or more since we're bound to concede a couple, and those 3 goals just don't happen without Suarez.

We're more than 2 players away from being able to go into a new season as one of the favourites like City and Chelsea, but it would give us a chance* if momentum was favourable. Europe would fuck us up though, then we'd need about 12 new players, let alone 2 :p

50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

Yen

Economics exam in 2 hours. Totally unprepared, I'm fucked.

Hitcher, it takes 2 men to play the piano and 9 to carry it, innit.

Lightning

Banned
Yurt, when the fuck do you sleep? I'm sue you've been posting for about 36 hours straight :p

@Lightning, its disingenuous to say we need more than 2 players to challenge for the title

If we had a really good CM who could replace Lucas to a reasonable degree, and a really good leftback, I genuinely think we'd be 4-6 points better off. I mean, look at you this season. Last year I'd have thought you needed upgrades at rightback, someone to compete with your centrebacks, a backup DM and a new striker. All you did was bring in Ozil and Flamini, who have been good but haven't exacly pulled up any trees, and you're right in there.

For us, its about getting that defensive unit playing like an actual unit, getting them fit and Rodgers nailing down his best back 4 & midfield. With Suarez and Sturridge, the goals take care of themselves almost. Having that one world class player, especially when they're a striker, can make a team that is actually 5+ players away from being title challengers into one that could challenge with 2.

Obviously if we miss out on fourth and Suarez goes, then we'll be up shit creek and need 5 very good players to have a hope of surprising everyone and challenging. We just don't have the defensive platform that you and Chelsea do where you can trust the defense to keep it tight, and take advantage of a couple of chances for routine wins. We're too reliant on scoring 3 or more since we're bound to concede a couple, and those 3 goals just don't happen without Suarez.

We're more than 2 players away from being able to go into a new season as one of the favourites like City and Chelsea, but it would give us a chance* if momentum was favourable. Europe would fuck us up though, then we'd need about 12 new players, let alone 2 :
I mean no disrespect to Liverpool with what I say but in my opinion you need a new left back, a DM, a CM and another winger.

Mignolet
Gibbs, Agger, Sakho, Johnson
M'Vila, Gerrard
Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho

That team cannot win the premier league. They are not good enough.

I mean no disrespect to Liverpool with what I say but in my opinion you need a new left back, a DM, a CM and another winger.

Mignolet
M'Vila, Gerrard

I think they could if everything went right, as is happening with you seemingly. If I posted your lineup, would you honestly say that is a potentially title-winning team?

Defensive coaching, consistent lineups, consistent playstyle, learning how to grind results, and momentum. That's why you're in the title race, not because of your lineup.

I'd hate to see that lineup you posted btw :p

As good as Chelsea, City and potentially you have been, we're 8 points behind having played everyone but Man Utd away from the top 8. On a squad-wide, player-by-player comparison, we're well off challenging for the title. I'd say for the first 11 we'd need 3 new defenders, 3 new midfielders and 2 new wingers to get on City's level. Yet the table and points spread says we're nowhere near that far off.

Coaching, momentum and a lack of a team running away with the title can go a hell of a long way to making up for a squad that by all accounts has huge holes in it :p

@transfer muppets, are we even linked with anyone capable of playing our DM role?

Coates could have been good enough if we fucking played him when we should have. He looked ridiculously clumsy last season though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guardian running the Mata story now. I guess it depends on how smug Mou feels. Would he really sell a world class player to the biggest team in England? They might not be a threat to Chelsea this season but Mou would look foolish if United challenge for the title again next season with Mata in the side.

Police called to Swansea's training ground after 'screaming Chico Flores brandishes brick' at Garry Monk http://t.co/coNB3w0A2o

@TelegraphSport

Welp.

:lol

Swansea are 3 points above the drop zone. Teams don't give a shit about having to go to the Liberty Stadium any more, everyone's realised that they're toothless no matter how much possession they have. Can easily see things getting even worse for them, especially when the EL games start again.

LTWheels

Mignolet
M'Vila, Gerrard

Pls Lightening, it's:

Mignolet
Johnson, Agger, Sakho, LB
DM, Henderson, Allen
Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho

Bench: Sturridge, Gerrard, Lucas, Kelly, Alberto, Aspas, Skrtel.

GorillaJu

Pls Lightening, it's:

Mignolet
Johnson, Agger, Sakho, LB
DM, Henderson, Allen
Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho

Bench: Sturridge, Gerrard, Lucas, Kelly, Alberto, Aspas, Skrtel.

Mignolet
RB CB Sakho LB
Allen Henderson Coutinho
Sturridge Suarez Salah

Bench: those guys you said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom