• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Maybe because of past seasons yeah he deserves more respect but as of now, eh. I don't really like the attitude he has displayed a few times this season.

It really hasn't been all that bad. His 'tantrum' at Soton was overblown by the media. He has mostly kept his mouth shut which is a good thing and his defensive contribution has improved.

Just going back to the time last summer when Thiago was signing for Man Utd. Some of the posts are great, it was a glorious time for muppetry.

Thiago and Isco were in Manchester.
Arsenal were getting Rooney and Suarez.
Higuain was a done deal.

Also the initial Mata to United rumours involving the Rooney swap which turned out to be bullshit. For a few hours, this thread was absolutely insufferable.

Kikarian

Without Rooney going the other way, I can't see the Mata deal happening. What top flight team would sell one their best players to a direct rival (even if UTD are poo right now)?

Ok, Arsenal...that board has their head up their...you know what. Ok what sane Team would do it?
That's the only way I see us getting him. It's almost certain that if Mata does come, Rooney's off in the summer.

qindarka

Banned
14/15 Chelsea XI:

........................Cech/Courtois
Azpilicueta....Zouma/Luiz......Terry.......Shaw
.....................Ramires.........Matic
Willian...................Oscar...................Hazard
.............................Rooney

Just wanted to get in on the act.

jesalr

@THSTOfficial
BREAKING: Three Spurs fans arrested for use of the Y Word at WHL all charged under racially/ religiously aggravated Section 5 POA today

---

Tottenham Hotspurs Supporters Trust - officially recognised by the club. So I guess this carries some weight.

Well they did say they were going to clamp down on it.

Mental! You have the prime minister of the country saying that it's not offensive, jewish interest groups saying the same, but fucking Baddiel won't shut up so it comes to this. Haven't seen any arrests for the hissing gas chamber noises you can hear from opposition at WHL though.

omgkitty

14/15 Chelsea XI:

Arsenal 14/15

----------------------Szcz-----------------------------
--Sagna----Mert----------Kosc--------Gibbs---
-------Arteta-----------Ramsey / Wilshere----
-------------------Ozil----------------------------------
---Walcott-------Draxler-----------Reus---------

BELIEVE

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ultras from Inter's Curva Nord want to speak to Moratti. Struggling to understand the 'project'

IMG-20140121-WA0013-470x305.jpg

KuGsj.gif

Guilemme Balague: "Mata can play as 7, 10 or 11 for United. Will add quality to a team that needs it. As Mourinho is happy to let him go, I see him at United."

Ok its definitely not happening now.

It won't happen. Chelsea would be crazy to sell him to United.

Nothing wrong with selling to a mid-table team.

LegoArmo

Funny world, football. Chelsea's best player last season completely ostracised by the new manager, and probably sold in January or the summer.

Chelsea are lucky, a club with that much faith in the manager, him talking about it being a job for life. That's all positive.

14/15 Chelsea XI:

That is beautiful.

Just one question; no Cahill?

qindarka

Banned
Funny world, football. Chelsea's best player last season completely ostracised by the new manager, and probably sold in January or the summer.

Chelsea are lucky, a club with that much faith in the manager, him talking about it being a job for life. That's all positive.

Never thought I would see the day opposition fans say that about Chelsea.

We'll see how long that continues, hopefully Mourinho remains here for a while, I'm sick of the managerial merry go round.*

*That's what we all hoped for AVB

That is beautiful.

Just one question; no Cahill?

Wanted to fill the XI with big names/new signings.

I do actually think we will end up with Zouma and Shaw, though I'e watched none of the former and little of the latter and am doubtful if they would actually improve us immediately.

Arsenal 14/15

----------------------Szcz-----------------------------
--Sagna----Mert----------Kosc--------Gibbs---
-------Arteta-----------Ramsey / Wilshere----
-------------------Ozil----------------------------------
---Walcott-------Draxler-----------Reus---------

BELIEVE

Reus won't leave for your shit club, you mug. Get that in your head.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dante: "Am I a Man Utd player? Not yet. I'm at Bayern, and I appreciate Utd's interest. But let's see what happens at the end of this month"

Carbonox

Fuck off is this Dante shit legit. Smells dodgy. I need pictures of him having a wank in the United showers over a David Moyes blanket before I believe he would ditch Bayern for Man Utd.

Wanted to fill the XI with big names/new signings.

I do actually think we will end up with Zouma and Shaw, though I'e watched none of the former and little of the latter and am doubtful if they would actually improve us immediately.
Yeah I don't know much about them either. My experience with Zouma starts and stops with my friend telling me he is pretty good in FIFA 14 lol.

Oh wow. A guy in his early twenties who grew up in Dortmund likes Rosicky, a player that was the shiny young midfielder for BVB around 10 years ago. I bet Reus likes him because he plays for Arsenal.

Sure, worked when Wenger tried to snap up Nuri after chasing him for half a decade.

omgkitty

Dante: "Am I a Man Utd player? Not yet. I'm at Bayern, and I appreciate Utd's interest. But let's see what happens at the end of this month"

What? Did Bayern just sign a new CB or something? Badstuber is still hurt and their other backup is van Buyten? This would effectively leave them with 2 CB's? Plus that team is stacked to win a few trophies this year. See no reason why he'd want to leave.

Carbonox

Yeah I don't know much about them either. My experience with Zouma starts and stops with my friend telling me he is pretty good in FIFA 14 lol.

Zouma's been a tank in Football games for a whle now. One of the best young defenders in France right now.

He's spoken directly to Mourinho as well according to him so it's like 99.9% confirmed that you'll get him. :lol

There was news recently that Newcastle want him as well which I would love but there's no chance if Mourinho is dead set on him and Zouma has openly said that he wants to go to Chelsea.

However, the former owner has remained silent about the proposed deal.

“I don’t know anything about the negotiations for Vucinic,” he briefly told reporters outside the club’s offices in Milan.

The board member then declined to comment on the open letter published by the Nerazzurri’s Curva Nord supporters.

“Yes, I’ve read it. Goodbye.”
YES IVE READ IT GOODBYE

omgkitty

Oh wow. A guy in his early twenties who grew up in Dortmund likes Rosicky, a player that was the shiny young midfielder for BVB around 10 years ago. I bet Reus likes him because he plays for Arsenal.

Sure, worked when Wenger tried to snap up Nuri after chasing him for half a decade.

Look who knows if we'd even try to buy him. If our interest in Draxler is real, not sure we could afford to go for both. Just don't think you should immediately say "Oh he'd never join Arsenal!" as I think that's just crazy talk. Our team is good now and getting better, and LM has been a problem area for us for a while now.

arkon

What? Did Bayern just sign a new CB or something? Badstuber is still hurt and their other backup is van Buyten? This would effectively leave them with 2 CB's? Plus that team is stacked to win a few trophies this year. See no reason why he'd want to leave.

Pep probably reckons Martinez can fill in adequately, if he isn't already. Don't know who's in the Bayern first team at the moment at CB.

Meier

I wouldn't be surprised.

We have been linked with Alberto Moreno in the past day.. that'd make me happy. Cheaper than Shaw and more accomplished although obviously 2 years older as well. I think he'd be an absolutely perfect fit for us though and would love to see us sell Clichy to PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom