• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
wInJQZK.png

hint: likes

"SEI UN INFAME" omg hahahahah this is great stuff

Jarnet87

That is one hell of a price tag for Mata but if helps United get a Champions league spot he'll be worth it. Still not expecting a deal to happen.

As for Rooney, like others have said if he wants to leave what can the club do. Moyes has made it obvious he wants Rooney to stay.

Barzul

Mata just about guarantees United top 4 imo. If RVP and Rooney stay fit, add Mata into that mix and they can actually create chances for those 2 amazing strikers. If they add a defender in improves their chances even more. As it is they're just 6 points off the pace. Arsenal recovered from 9 points behind Spurs.

Lightning

Banned
Mata to Man U sucks. That will make the Emirates game even harder.

LOL

Vucinic is back in Torino.

Inter are a bunch of fucking clowns, I've never seen someone turning down their own offer.
Inter pulling out means they are not completely stupid. Even considering proposing such an horrendous deal is why their directors should offer their resignations.

Messi

City title win is on sky sports right now. They will never top that day. Regardless of what happens this season. Fuck me it was magical.

DC Pls!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1m
Chelsea close to agreeing that Juan Mata can go to MUFC. But it'll take a fee close to £42m for a deal to be done

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-united-for-fee-in-excess-of-40m-9075585.html

I guess Chelsea have played United twice already, so they may as well sell for the right price. United aren't going to catch Chelsea but they might take some points off their rivals instead.

It's very short sighted though, who's to say United won't challenge for the title next season with Mata in the team?

Lightning

Banned
I guess Chelsea have played United twice already, so they may as well sell for the right price. United aren't going to catch Chelsea but they might take some points off their rivals instead.
Mata is young. There is next season where this could hurt Chelsea. United will continue rebuilding over the summer and this is a great start.

Scum

Anyone played DMC: Devil May Cry?
Gonna start playing it now on PS3 as it's free on Plus. I finished MGS and MGS2 recently and before I move on to 3 I need a break :lol
Finished it the other day. Piss easy game I thought. Okay game. Environments are good looking though.

Draconian

Selling Mata to Man U makes sense in the short term only. If Man U's not putting Rooney on the table, then the answer should be no.

Barzul

Mata is young. There is next season where this could hurt Chelsea. United will continue rebuilding over the summer and this is a great start.

Are we ignoring the fact they're getting 40m+ . That's a huge incentive to sell, I doubt they get that anywhere else. Can't see even PSG paying more that 22m for an out of favor player. They can get almost double that from United. I imagine that is the biggest and only incentive for this sale.

L1NETT

Mata would also free up wages if mou wanted another striker. He also doesn't fit into mouball one jot.

It's unlikely but not the craziest transfer which could happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Chelsea are not exactly known for their long term planning. They don't give a shit about next season, they care about right now. Chelsea's only rival is City when it comes to transfer decisions, strengthening an irrelevant team like United means the other contenders are more likely to drop points against them.

Chelsea would also like the cash, their latest set of results were shit because they flopped out of the CL last year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
official

Roma: De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Torosidis; Nainggolan, De Rossi, Strootman; Florenzi, Totti, Gervinho

Juventus: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Peluso; Quagliarella, Giovinco

LA DECIMATED. What a shit lineup.

dc89

Pantilimon, Clichy, Nastasic, Lescott, Boyata, Lopes, Fernandinho, Garcia, Navas, Negredo, Aguero

LOPESSSSSSSS HNNNNNNNNNG.

WHERE THE FUCK IS JOJO?! Don't do this to me man.

Meier

Pantilimon, Clichy, Nastasic, Lescott, Boyata, Lopes, Fernandinho, Garcia, Navas, Negredo, Aguero

LOPESSSSSSSS HNNNNNNNNNG.

WHERE THE FUCK IS JOJO?! Don't do this to me man.
I think he'll come on at HT or something. Pellegrini said he wasn't ready for 90 mins yet but of course I had hoped that meant 60 on, 30 off. We should be up by 2 at least by HT so there won't be much pressure on him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
VIERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
ChristianVieri ‏@vieri_bobo 1m
Hahahahaahhahahaahahahahahaaahahahahhahahahaahahahaahahahahahaaahahahahaahaahhaahhahahaahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahah

and he's RTing stuff on Branca :') I love him :')

dc89

I think he'll come on at HT or something. Pellegrini said he wasn't ready for 90 mins yet but of course I had hoped that meant 60 on, 30 off. We should be up by 2 at least by HT so there won't be much pressure on him.

I hope so. I didn't think we'd field such a strong side. I think we could do West Ham for double figure aggregate here. This could get ugly.

Clegg

If we really are going to sign Mata then I'm all for it. If we're outbidding the likes of PSG then I think it's also a sign of creeping desperation. He doesn't play in a position where we immediately need to strengthen, but he's quality so you can't really say no if he's available to buy. It would also be a change of stance from Moyes who turned down the chance to sign Ozil because he thought another number 10 wasn't needed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If the only question is price, which we are being told is anywhere from 37-42 million I think, as a gesture, as a statement and as an addition of quality it can be stomached. It is a step in the right direction regarding the quality of signing, if not necessarily the most pressing positional concern. Above all this, and as petty as it sounds, Moyes needs this, the fans need this, the club needs this, we need a lift and new emphasis going into the second half of the season. Everyone was dog piling on Arsene Wenger after the Villa loss early season, calling for his head and Ozils arrival spurred those around him, whether Mata has that inherent quality, thats up for debate, but I think its very important we prove ourselves to be willing to make the big deal. Who knows, maybe this could persuade some players who are thinking of leaving in the summer, a signal of intent that we are ready to spend, to spend big and good things are coming.

All of this for the dream of fourth place :D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we really are going to sign Mata then I'm all for it. If we're outbidding the likes of PSG then I think it's also a sign of creeping desperation. He doesn't play in a position where we immediately need to strengthen, but he's quality so you can't really say no if he's available to buy. It would also be a change of stance from Moyes who turned down the chance to sign Ozil because he thought another number 10 wasn't needed.

I am truly puzzled as to whether, if he could go back, he would take Ozil knowing his impact now, my answer is most likely yes. That being said, he doesnt half go missing in big games, which is a big worry going forward.

Gambit

Out of curiosity, has anyone here seen "The Dark Knight Returns" animated film? I bought the Blu Ray the other day and am thinking of watching it tonight.

Draconian

Out of curiosity, has anyone here seen "The Dark Knight Returns" animated film? I bought the Blu Ray the other day and am thinking of watching it tonight.

Let me know how it is once you watch it. I've almost bought it several times already, but am waiting on a sale.

Tc91

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 21m
The latest on Mata in @revistadelaliga.

Come on Balague, let me unleash the muppet inside of me.

Mr Cola

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 21m
The latest on Mata in @revistadelaliga.

Come on Balague, let me unleash the muppet inside of me.

I was under the impression this guy was a wind up and never right

But still I will be watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom