• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

No ;_;

j7QJLKRBWrB4F.jpg

I aint even mad that Fergie went senile and lost his dam mind.

J/K yes I am. Pogba may be the best player of them all that Fergie lost out on. I blame him, and that old fart Ryan Giggs. If he had retired we'd still have the Pog.

shanks what italian team do you support?

all i ever see you do is cum over arsenal and totti

so i guess roma?

surprisingly Juve.
3AQmK.gif

but he hates Del Piero.

because he missed a golden chance in 2000, and prevented Totti from winning the Ballon d'Or.

Yeah as Yurt says Juve are my main team although I always follow and want Parma to do well because my Dad is from Parma and we would always watch their European games during their great early 90s run.

Yeah Totti for me has always been the greatest player I have ever witnessed.

I also want all Italian teams to do well in Europe. National pride.

I said the international team is good. When two big Italian teams go head to head in a cup is it the norm for the away team to play like they are at home by passing it around slowly whilst the other team (home team) sits in their own half doing fuck all? Exhilarating stuff.

Give me la liga, any day, where the refs don't know what the fuck they are doing and most teams travel by donkey to the stadium, whilst others fly in solid gold jets, over that stuff.

It is a midweek cup game, neither team were going all out for it. Barca can still put out there C team and still thrash everyone else in their cups. Most spanish managers are just bums in disguise who have no clue what they are doing. Italian managers know a little thing about tactics. Its why clubs in Spain, Austria, Germany, England, France, Russia and Portugal have all employed Italians to win their leagues. Even a scrub like RDM can win the Champions League. Also the washed up Lippi can still win the Asian Chaampions League and England, Russia, Ireland, and Paraguay have all had Italians manage them.

Haha, I had thought that was the Dortmund fella. Was thinking that is some coup.

Salazar

Rooney would be the worst captain. He would tell you to quit.

Mmm. There's a wide streak of idiotic sentimentality there, though.

Shame that a lot of fans just want a complete overhaul of the players who have won us trophy after trophy

They're like One Direction fans protesting against the group being broken up

We need younger, hungrier, more technically competent players, ffs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sal why don't you follow Zabo on twitter? What's wrong with him? :(

It is a midweek cup game, neither team were going all out for it.

And we're facing Lazio in three days.

Roma on the other hand is travelling to Verona, one of the toughest stadiums this season! (24 points out of 30)

I'm fairly certain they're going to drop points.

subtles

I'm not even going to pretend to fully understand the predicament United have found themselves in after Fergie's retirement but making a player who threatened to walk twice captain would be a bad reflection of what that club stands for imo.

Januzaj has proven this season how much the team needs an overhaul. It would be unrealistic to expect it to be sudden but please fix that midfield.

Sal why don't you follow Zabo on twitter? What's wrong with him? :(

And Lazio in three days.

Roma on the other hand is travelling to Verona, one of the toughest stadiums this season! (24 points out of 30)

I'm fairly certain they're going to drop points.

No Jorginho is going to be a huge blow for them. He was one of the best players and they guy who controlled the game for them. It is crazy that Verona are doing so well.

Wenger please sign Luca Toni

Salazar

I'm not even going to pretend to fully understand the predicament United have found themselves in after Fergie's retirement but making a player who threatened to walk twice captain would be a bad reflection of what that club stands for imo.

Redcafe posts, bro. Giggle and move on. It's the only thing to do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alexandra Daddario in the latest True Detective episode. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Thank you, HBO. THANK YOU.

Show's phenomenal.

Zabo why don't YOU follow Sal on twitter? What's wrong with him? :(

Hmmmm I think I'll go watch True Detective now

GQman2121

Banned
Alexandra Daddario in the latest True Detective episode. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Thank you, HBO. THANK YOU.

Show's phenomenal.

She's clearly trying to pull a Hathaway by breaking the young star mold. But what young women wouldn't want to share those with the world? :perfection.gif

Salazar

Yeah and hopefully Chelsea get a clue and don't sell him to United.

Martin Samuel, bless his child's-drawing-of-Brian-Blessed face, writes like it's already done.

Whatever Mata achieves in a red shirt this season, he is the poster boy for optimism. Last week, Moyes was the man who couldn’t persuade Leighton Baines to leave Everton — now he is the manager who signed Mata. Why have Chelsea afforded him this fortunate break?

YES MOYES

GHG

After watching this video on Vucinic I'm now convinced that he could do a good job for us for the rest of the season and can see why Wenger is after him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URElCJ_b_cA

The pass at 4:45 is just class.

He can lead the line, play just off Giroud, or he can play in either the left or right wing slots. Wenger likes that kind of versitility and he seems to fit the bill along with having the technical attributes necessary to slot into the team easily.

Wenger wont go and get an out and out goalscorer because he's currently a believer in having multiple threats on the pitch and spreading the goals (and subsequently the risk) across the team.

Would be happy if we get him, whether its on loan or a permanent deal.

This Mata thing is real isn't it? It's getting too much traction in the news.

I don't mind, he's a great player. Just sell off Kagawa too during the transfer window. He needs a place where they need him.

Lightning

Banned
After watching this video on Vucinic I'm now convinced that he could do a good job for us for the rest of the season and can see why Wenger is after him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URElCJ_b_cA

The pass at 4:45 is just class.

He can lead the line, play just off Giroud, or he can play in either the left or right wing slots. Wenger likes that kind of versitility and he seems to fit the bill along with having the technical attributes necessary to slot into the team easily.

Wenger wont go and get an out and out goalscorer because he's currently a believer in having multiple threats on the pitch and spreading the goals (and subsequently the risk) across the team.

Would be happy if we get him, whether its on loan or a permanent deal.
You're convinced because of a youtube video? Just a loan is fine, he can be emergency cover, but under no circumstances should we even consider buying this chump. As soon as Inter came knocking he was off there, he only cares about game time. He ain't going to put in any effort for us.

Fuck him. A loan is barely tolerable, that's it but I would rather us just give him the middle finger and let him rot on Juve's bench.

wedward

There is no evidence to back this up. We are interested in Costa. That pretty much negates your theory.

How does having an out and out goalscorer stop us from having multiple threats?

The actual answer is that there isn't anyone available.

subtles

This Mata thing is real isn't it? It's getting too much traction in the news.

I don't mind, he's a great player. Just sell off Kagawa too during the transfer window. He needs a place where they need him.

I can't help but feel this is United using the press to pressure Chelsea, probing for any kind of reaction. What the hell does "imminent" even mean? If they didn't submit a proposal how else did the press get wind of something yet to happen?

GHG

There is no evidence to back this up. We are interested in Costa. That pretty much negates your theory.

How does having an out and out goalscorer stop us from having multiple threats?

The actual answer is that there isn't anyone available.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-sharing-goals-best-thing-for-us

“It’s the best thing that can happen to us, because if you depend on one player you think you have to put him in cotton wool to keep him fit,” the manager said

I'll just leave you with that. Also, other than paper chat, where is the evidence we were after Costa?

I don't get the negativity around Vucinic. Of course he was happy to go to Inter for game time. The dude is 30 and wants to be playing. I don't see the problem. Better than the tons of players out there who are wasting their ability sitting on a bench while collecting a fat paycheck. He has the right attributes to be a success for us. We don't need a superstar right now, just someone who can come and chip in some goals/assists without upsetting the applecart.

wedward

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-sharing-goals-best-thing-for-us

I'll just leave you with that. Also, other than paper chat, where is the evidence we were after Costa?

I don't get the negativity around Vucinic. Of course he was happy to go to Inter for game time. The dude is 30 and wants to be playing. I don't see the problem. Better than the tons of players out there who are wasting their ability sitting on a bench while collecting a fat paycheck. He has the right attributes to be a success for us. We don't need a superstar right now, just someone who can come and chip in some goals/assists without upsetting the applecart.

Again, how does signing an out and out goalscorer change that?

Read what you linked.

If we sign Costa does that mean other players automatically stop scoring?

How does that stop the goals from being spread through out the team?

Are you honestly saying that if Wenger had the change to sign a world class striker he wouldn't, because he prefers the goals to spread around? That's what you are saying? Honestly?

Draconian

I can't help but feel this is United using the press to pressure Chelsea, probing for any kind of reaction. What the hell does "imminent" even mean? If they didn't submit a proposal how else did the press get wind of something yet to happen?

Haha yeah, I like that the article says that they just need Mou to ok the deal. Has he had his head buried in the sand up to this point?

Lightning

Banned
My problem with Vucinic is I think he will need time to adjust to the PL, at the age of 30 this is not ideal, I question how many goals he can realistically get us, and Wenger is a numbers man. While he was here no one else would would be brought in.

He needs to play yet realistically while Giroud was fit he wouldn't play. He would get the odd cameo at best. It doesn't make sense for anyone this move if it happens.

Salazar

I can't help but feel this is United using the press to pressure Chelsea

lol. That's how transfers work, though. See also: every club, all the time.

It's pretty fucking odd to prefer the explanation that we are playing mindgames than that we actually, sincerely want the player and are actually, literally in talks to pay a fuckton of money for him. It's like essence of the old Clegg.

What the hell does "imminent" even mean?

Before the end of the window, innit.

bjaelke

Mancini just can't help himself.
"I think there is a good chance for him - he worked for 10 years at Everton and he did a really good job," said Mancini.
"He is a good manager and I don't think he needs my advice."
"Chelsea changed and bought some new players, City bought four or five new players," he told BBC World Service.
"After many years, it's the time [for United] to refresh the team."

"The players scoring the goals are players that I bought - Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Yaya Toure and David Silva," he added.
"I think Pellegrini is doing a good job but what is happening now at Manchester City, we did three years ago."

dc89

Ribery:
"I feel I earned the Ballon d'Or this year, I won everything, but it was all about politics, while it shouldn't be."

GHG

Again, how does signing an out and out goalscorer change that?

Read what you linked.

If we sign Costa does that mean other players automatically stop scoring?

How does that stop the goals from being spread through out the team?

Diego Costa has assisted 1 goal this season. That is right, just 1 in 20 La Liga games. Now take nothing away from the man, he has scored 19 goals this season so far which is a fantasitic achievement, but that means he has a limited contribution in terms of providing the other players around him with scoring opportunities. Giroud for comparisons sake has 5 assists and from what I've seen of Costa this season, Giroud offers more outside of the final 3rd in terms of hold-up and keeping attacks flowing. Also the runs he makes to drag defenders away and make space for others is very underrated. Say what you want about him but his movement off the ball is top-notch. If he was a top class finisher we would have an elite player on our hands as he misses far too many chances. But it is because of everything else he brings to our game that Wenger is happy to stick by him.

Take Giroud out of our team and play someone whose only objective is to score and we would have problems. Thats why players of Van Persie's (and a peak Thierry Henry) ilk are so rare. A player who can both score and assist prolifically is rare.

What Wenger is saying in his comment above is that he doesn't want us to be overly reliant on one player to bring in all the goals. If you watch our games, he has now set the team up in such a way that it wouldn't suit someone who is an out and out goalscorer as we have seen when we experimented with Podolski upfront. Now when we come up agaisnt teams its not so simple for them as its not a case of "mark xxx out of the game and they wont score", they face the problem in that they don't know who to mark.

We do not want to bring someone in and have to adapt our game to suit them. Especially not mid season when we are going for the title. That is the key thing here.

My problem with Vucinic is I think he will need time to adjust to the PL, at the age of 30 this is not ideal, I question how many goals he can realistically get us, and Wenger is a numbers man. While he was here no one else would would be brought in.

He needs to play yet realistically while Giroud was fit he wouldn't play. He would get the odd cameo at best. It doesn't make sense for anyone this move if it happens.

If Vucinic comes in he would play in the RW/SS position that Theo occupied.

subtles

lol. That's how transfers work, though. See also: every club, all the time.

It's pretty fucking odd to prefer the explanation that we are playing mindgames than that we actually, sincerely want the player and are actually, literally in talks to pay a fuckton of money for him. It's like essence of the old Clegg.

Before the end of the window, innit.

I don't doubt that United want Mata and want this deal to happen. However, every article I have seen basically mentions Mou not having had any say in the matter until now and that a bid is "imminent", and if all parties agree Mou will then be consulted. Mou may then pull the plug. That sounds really odd to me.

dc89

Mancini just can't help himself.

I'll never bad mouth him because he was the manager who won the first major trophy of my lifetime but I think he needs to shush :lol

Pellegrini's team is much more attacking and entertaining. We saw glimpses of his kind of play under Mancini, away at Norwich for example, but sometimes we use to play 3 hold midfielders which was just...no.

You're like 2 days late with this... :/

Nothing new there then.

Lightning

Banned
I'll never bad mouth him because he was the manager who won the first major trophy of my lifetime but I think he needs to shush :lol

Pellegrini's team is much more attacking and entertaining. We saw glimpses of his kind of play under Mancini, away at Norwich for example, but sometimes we use to play 3 hold midfielders which was just...no.
The biggest thing I noticed in that quote he said never mentioned Negredo who has been the best new signing of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom