• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Regarding Luuk de Jong:

The Bundesliga club will reportedly receive £7m upfront and the rest in incentive-based add-ons, but that will still fall bellow the £10m Newcastle offered Twente for his services last year.

If anything is an absolute certainty this month, it's that Luuk de Jong will be a Newcastle player by the end of the month.

Wait, did Guarin not turn up for training and then Inter spun it as "two days' leave"? I like how they somehow lost two players by rejecting their own transfer bid.

bjaelke

jFWWERp.png

Christopher Samba certainly gets around. Watching him play alongside former Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi right now.

Feorax

@stevenjrcarson: Liverpool are still tracking Mohamed Salah, along with potential moves for Yohan Cabaye and Rickie Lambert. (Ben Smith, BBC)

I don't even know anymore...

Edit: nevermind, already debunked, lol.

tri_willy

I don't even know anymore...

Edit: nevermind, already debunked, lol.

lambert... we do not need...

salah and cabaye do fit the kind of players we're after, more so the latter

a fullback should also be HIGH on the agenda, unless flanny n enrique never get injured for the rest of the season again

Jarnet87

I was hoping Mata would be signed when I woke up. The longer this goes the less chances it has. Starting to feel like Thiago again lol. The Mata meter for me is at MatOFF. Muppet suicide is imminent.

Salazar

Abdisalam Ibrahim. 21 year old Belgian (I think) international. He was touted as "the next Vieira".

Had a few loan spells away from City and on the whole he failed to shine.

Abdulla al-Khater was the young Emirati City trainee I kicked around with a few months back. I think he was out of contract too. Christ alive, though. I was intensely conscious that we were presenting no meaningful resistance to his skill-set, but it was hard to imagine him not going far in the game.

What David McDonnell of the Daily Mirror says about the Juan Mata deal:

'United's failure to table an official bid for the £37million-rated playmaker is threatening to hold up any potential deal between the two clubs.'

That's quite the use of analytical thought there.

Clegg

What David McDonnell of the Daily Mirror says about the Juan Mata deal:

'United's failure to table an official bid for the £37million-rated playmaker is threatening to hold up any potential deal between the two clubs.'

That's quite the use of analytical thought there.
Could simply be a case of trying to square things with the player before officially bidding. All reports point to Chelsea being willing to sell. Get the player on board and we're laughing.

Juan Mata missed Chelsea training on Wednesday as a deal to take him to Manchester United for £37million could be finalised by the end of the week.
Jose Mourinho was watching his first team train but Mata was conspicuous by his absence at their Cobham training ground.
Talks regarding the 25-year-old Spain midfielder are so far advanced that Mata is convinced he will have a medical before the weekend.
anyone%2Bthat%2Bhas%2Bbeen%2Bon%2Bitem%2Bboard%2Bback%2Bin%2Bthe%2B_512287fadd75da9f16be26abb4f5f916.gif

I kinda love how there's been no bid for Mata. It's like the precise opposite of how we conducted our Fabregas dealings. It's almost like Woodward is learning.

Messi

I don't know. An early goal for Barcelona and things could've been much different. Messi would've put a lot more pressure on our defense.

Ah maybe. I just don't like to make excuses. The rest of the team should have been able to put up a fight instead of getting thumped and hoping Messi would save them.

Salazar

I kinda love how there's been no bid for Mata. It's like the precise opposite of how we conducted our Fabregas dealings. It's almost like Woodward is learning.

We've probably pulled some Ocean's 11 shit on Wooders. He only thinks he's cutting deals and faxing contracts and talking to big hitters.

I can convince my nephew that the air-conditioner remote is a phone. Scale that up a bit, and we have Wooders digitally corralled.

Clegg

A couple of minutes later

Torres being sold?!
Tbf the Daily Mail have pics of Chelsea's training session and Mata is nowhere to be seen.

Wouldn't put it beyond the Mail to omit any pics with Mata though. He may also have been given time off for all we know.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anelka's contesting the charge LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How could he not? He's a twat but I would expect any player to contest the charge, if they didn't they would be admitting they understood what they were doing.

Anyone else post this picture of Arsene at Heathrow this morning?

Probably jetting off to bang his mistress. Wasn't she a rapper or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom