• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Anyone else post this picture of Arsene at Heathrow this morning?

BekpVcHIcAAP8sH.jpg:large

WHERE'S HE GOING????? I hope it's Gelsenkirchen!
To negotiate our signing of Messi

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sherwood is trying to get more from Dembele:

“We’re trying to get him further forward to play in and around the penalty area because he has the capability of creating and perhaps scoring more goals. We’re getting him into the areas to achieve that.

Mousa is a beast, if he were a little more confident in himself he could easily get 10 goals a season. His left foot is wicked and he can beat a man with ease, if only he pulled the trigger a bit more. Just don't do it when Ade is 2 yards away waiting for a tap-in like he did on Sunday.

WJD

Still think this is all too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, my cock is throbbing, I just can't see the logic in it on Chelsea's behalf at all.

Meier

Mousa is a beast, if he were a little more confident in himself he could easily get 10 goals a season. His left foot is wicked and he can beat a man with ease, if only he pulled the trigger a bit more. Just don't do it when Ade is 2 yards away waiting for a tap-in like he did on Sunday.

Oh man, I watched the highlights of the games the other night and that was brutal. Ade was piiiiissssed! Nice shot from Dembele but that was going to be the easiest goal of his (Adebayor's) life with a lay-off.

omgkitty

Still think this is all too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, my cock is throbbing, I just can't see the logic in it on Chelsea's behalf at all.

Chelsea has already played and beaten you. They have a player they no longer want they can sell you who will make you better and increase your chances of beating all the other teams around you to help them move up.

WJD

Chelsea has already played and beaten you. They have a player they no longer want they can sell you who will make you better and increase your chances of beating all the other teams around you to help them move up.

It's just a bit short sighted though isn't it? Doesn't sound like a Mourinho-like move.

justjohn

Well since we've played them and beaten them why don't we throw in hazard and oscar while we're at it. They might help them beat city and arsenal as well.

Clegg

Enough of the right people are saying that this is a goer. But it's still very hard to believe that Chelsea would willingly sell a brilliant player to us. Just doesn't make sense.

This whole 'They've played eachother twice this season' thing is so ridiculous it is making my head hurt.

I mean, you guys know there is going to be a season next year right? Maybe even another after that!

Fintan

This whole situation is depressing. Really don't want Mata to go.

And the whole idea of sending him just to help United take points off City, Arsenal, etc. is a bit ridiculous, I think.

It is hard to not get caught up in the Mata excitement. I am still butthurt about Moyes' decisions in the majority of matches this season but this would certainly be a step in the right direction.

This whole 'They've played eachother twice this season' thing is so ridiculous it is making my head hurt.

I mean, you guys know there is going to be a season next year right? Maybe even another after that!

Two possibilities:

1. Mourinho is banking on us getting relegated.

2. Mourinho is lining us with nice players to take over the United job down the line.

Any other analysis should be ignored.

This whole situation is depressing. Really don't want Mata to go.

And the whole idea of sending him just to help United take points off City, Arsenal, etc. is a bit ridiculous, I think.

again, friends, Mou doesn't want nor need Mata in the squad. he gets rids of a player he has no use for and Chelsea gets a lovely amount of money that can be spent on a decent striker.

it's win-win for all parts involved.

Meier

Barca U-16s up 2-0 over City already, lol. Only lost 1-0 to Madrid! 2nd goal should have been disallowed due to an offside and first was off a fluffed clearance on a corner. Ugly first 10 mins.

Fintan

again, friends, Mou doesn't want nor need Mata in the squad. he gets rids of a player he has no use for and Chelsea gets a lovely amount of money that can be spent on a decent striker.

I get what you're saying, but he is a very talented player, who I do think still has a lot to contribute to the team. I think it's a bit ridiculous to go from two time player of the season to unwanted in such a short space of time. That's leaving out the fact that we'd be selling to a rival, which for all their troubles this season United still obviously are.

And despite all the talk about having 100's of attacking midfielders, Mata leaving, combined with the sale of KDB, would leave us relatively short in those front 3 positions.

I acknowledge that my thought process and sentimentality may not match up with Mou.

Showaddy

Then why not sell Mata to another club as part of a deal to get a decent striker like Costa or Falcao? Makes more sense then selling to Utd then just using the cash to buy someone.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Mata stuff is all so odd.

I bet they're just teasing United and are going to cancel the deal on the last day of the window, as revenge for Rooney being forced to stay.

Clegg

This Mata stuff is all so odd.

I bet they're just teasing United and are going to cancel the deal on the last day of the window, as revenge for Rooney being forced to stay.
That sounds so ridiculous and petty.

But it's Mourinho so I can see it happening.

I get what you're saying, but he is a very talented player, who I do think still has a lot to contribute to the team. I think it's a bit ridiculous to go from two time player of the season to unwanted in such a short space of time. That's leaving out the fact that we'd be selling to a rival, which for all their troubles this season United still obviously are.

And despite all the talk about having 100's of attacking midfielders, Mata leaving, combined with the sale of KDB, would leave us relatively short in those front 3 positions.

I acknowledge that my thought process and sentimentality may not match up with Mou.
For me it comes down to nothing more than why should we sell to Manchester United or any other rival? I don't care about getting 40 million, nor do I care if we have too many players in a certain position. In my opinion you simply don't sell a player of Mata's quality to a rival. I'd take him in a heart beat, but it's the reason United don't want to sell Rooney to us, and they're right not to.

Sure, loan out a Moses and flog him if need be, but a player of Mata's ability? No way.

Enough of the right people are saying that this is a goer. But it's still very hard to believe that Chelsea would willingly sell a brilliant player to us. Just doesn't make sense.
Didn't we all say the same thing about Van Persie?
Most clubs don't have such a stubborn selling policy as United.

Feorax

Sure, loan out a Moses and flog him if need be, but a player of Mata's ability? No way.

If Chelsea thought for a second we'd be within 10 points at this point in the season, I'm almost certain you wouldnt have loaned us Moses.

That's why this deal for Mata makes no fucking sense. If United get a decent CM in the summer, and a defender or two, they could easilly go back to winning the league just by outscoring everyone else. Even Moyes could do that with that Mata behind RVP and Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom