• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Apparently the third party negotiating is kia joorabchian, the guy behind the Tevez/Mascherano affair.

You guys remember how NaughtyGod used to post about players?

"I don't think we can sign Mata, 26, Spanish international, I believe the former Valencia man is too expensive"

that shit was so weird haha.

Just go on the search bar, put in Naughty God as the username, and use "international" as the keyword and there's like 80 results with that crap lol.

loooool this dude was fucking mental

look at his first post in the football thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69585751&postcount=11215

then look at his "I am the best poster of all time" post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74318191&postcount=158

wedward

I don't trust anyone who says the board is pressuring Wenger to spend money. The board isn't interested in winning, .

They are interested in making money. Winning the league would make them money. Winning the league would make up for the 40 million we spend.

But to say they aren't also interested in winning is wrong. If they just wanted to make money they would invest elsewhere.

He's like 32. Nobody cares about Falcao anymore.

ijpPJsFQypZJ3.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guillem Balague

Herrera will have to pass medical and United pay it all in cash but deal practically done

Never Forget :|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
News going around that Falcao's injury is serious and will not be available for WC. Andres on suicide watch.

Poor Andres :(

Guarin is joining Juve, Falcao is dead, James is I don't even know.

We are here for you Andres.

Ha.

Feels like Falcao, James and Moutinho have fallen off the face of the earth since moving to Monaco. Tax-dodging knobends. If you're gonna move to a bunch of oil-baron wankstains, at least make it a team in the CL :p

Scum

Mata to Moyes' Boys, eh? Wow.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 50s

#mufc starting XI vs Sunderland: De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Buttner; Januzaj, Carrick, Fletcher, Kagawa; Welbeck, Hernandez.

No Valencia.
Kagawa starts. No wingers?! Brace yourselves, everyone! 😲

Mr Cola

The muppet inside of me is taking over.

I say it now, there is nothing but upsides here on for United Gaf, Mata is only the start, he will be dwarfed by the gargantuan summer that awaits us, unlimited 2.0

Mr Cola

Ben, host of the United Sunderland game, just said live "news just in Juan Mata will apparently be a United player"

Ma gawd

Meier

Bought Days of Future Past and Fables vol. 3 today. Never read any Marvel before.
You're not starting with Vol 1? o_O Fables is actually DC via their imprint Vertigo. Fables (and Jack of the Fables) is the only non-Brian K. Vaughn American comic I've ever read. It's really fucking good.

jtb

Banned
They are interested in making money. Winning the league would make them money. Winning the league would make up for the 40 million we spend.

But to say they aren't also interested in winning is wrong. If they just wanted to make money they would invest elsewhere.

The problem with spending to win the title is that you're getting diminished financial returns. I'm not sure that winning the league is even worth 40m spending compared to the step up to CL money. Having said that, investing in long-term winning is good because of commercial deals, new TV money, etc. but to build a long-term winning team is even more expensive than just a few expensive win-now purchases. I don't doubt they want to make money but I do doubt whether they're willing to spend the money required to secure the the title and even if they think that the best way to make more money is by winning (via spending money now).

Mr Cola

Balague works for them. He'd be their source.

True, but its one thing to suggest it on SSN and say it in a live football broadcast, you cant make a muppet out of yourself on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom