• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Muppet juices are flowing.

What's in it? Got my PS4 PS3 and PS2 all set up downstairs, options galore.

Pretty much this. Signing Mata would near enough guarantee us 4th.
Entering PS Plus:
PS3
29th January: Metro Last Light
29th January: BioShock Infinite
Vita
29th January: Dynasty Warriors Next
29th January: ModNation Racers: Road Trip
PS4
5th February: Outlast

I've already engorged myself on Mata vids.

Baki

Lol guarantees you fourth.

Moyes has done nothing at all to convince me that he'll be able to get the best out of Mata, and it does nothing to address your midfield and defensive woes.

Mou has only signed off on the transfer because he's enjoying watching you spunk the best part of £40m on a player in a position you don't really need to strengthen.

Don't worry. I'm just as dissapointed as you are.

Why didn't Mou sell to us. :(

GQman2121

Banned
What will now be remembered as his final walk in a blue shirt....

b9gDGph.jpg

I'm terrified what we'll do with the money this sale will generate. I'm also curious if we'll recall Piazon from Holland just to add depth back with the two players we've sold.

Tc91

Lol guarantees you fourth.

Moyes has done nothing at all to convince me that he'll be able to get the best out of Mata, and it does nothing to address your midfield and defensive woes.

Mou has only signed off on the transfer because he's enjoying watching you spunk the best part of £40m on a player in a position you don't really need to strengthen.

Ahhhh Mastadon please don't be upset. Always next year for 4th!

----

Who's this guy?

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 33m
Don't shoot the messenger, but just been told by an agent with 3 players at United that the Mata deal is done.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 20m
Personal terms between Mata and United already agreed. Medical pending the deal could be completed by Friday.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 18m
Monaco was only ever a short term move for Falcao and Mendes. Fully expect Chelsea to try and sign the Colombian in the summer.

jtb

Banned
if Falcao is truly available in the summer, Wenger better at least put in a bid if he's serious about this whole striker/winning-something-for-once business.

wedward

Don't worry. I'm just as dissapointed as you are.

Why didn't Mou sell to us. :(

If you are seriously suggesting that Arsenal should spend 40 million on Mata you are absolutely insane.

lose/lose for us though.

It's only lose/lose for us if we drop points to Man U.

If we beat Man U and then City drop points to Man U i'll kiss Mourhino's feet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Salah is going to be a great signing for Liverpool, much better out wide than Coutinho and Henderson.

Lucas Henderson Allen
Salah Sturridge Suarez

That would be very hard to play against.

Superman

I promised myself I wouldn't get too excited by the Mata news. But god am I excited. Hope we get the Spainiard. The lift it will give to the squad will be immense.

Jarnet87

From Rooney In Paris on the Caf

Is this the real life?
Is this just muppetry?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from bullshitry
Open your eyes
Look up to the Sky and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need to play you see
Because I'm "easy come, easy goal"
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows, doesn't really Mata to me, to me

Mata, just left Roman
Put a gun against his head
Triggered my clause, now he's dead
Mata, PL had just begun
But now Jose's gone and thrown it all away
Mata, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not in Manchester this time tomorrow
Carrington, Carrington, as if nothing really Matas

Too late, transfer deadline day has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Finger's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody - I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face Stretford End
Mata, ooo - (any way the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been bought at all

I see a little silhouette-o of a Juan
Scaramouche, scaramouche, fuck away you Mourinho

Twitter bolts and updates -- very, very frightening me
Gillileo, Gillileo,
Gillileo, Gillileo,
Gillileo, Fergiero -- Moyesifico!

I'm just a poor boy, Jose don't love me
He's just a poor boy from a shit company
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go -- will you let me go?
Woodwardah! No! We will not let you go! -- Let him go!
Woodwardah! We will not let you go! -- Let him go!
Woodwardah! We will not let you go! -- Let me go!
Will not let you go! -- Let me go! Never!
Never let you go! -- Let me go!
Never let me go! -- ooo

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!
Oh Mata mia, Mata mia, Mata mia! Let me go!
United has a devil put aside for me!
for me!
for me!!

So you think you can bench me and stop all my shots
So you think you can love me and leave me to rot
Oh Jose -- can't do this to me, Jose
Just gotta get out -- just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really Matas
Anyone can see
Nothing really Matas
Nothing really Matas to me

Baki

If you are seriously suggesting that Arsenal should spend 40 million on Mata you are absolutely insane.

It's only lose/lose for us if we drop points to Man U.

If we beat Man U and then City drop points to Man U i'll kiss Mourhino's feet.

Yes. £40m is reasonable for Mata considering we are Premier League rivals.

wedward

Signing Mata obviously doesn't guarantee anything, but I think it makes Man U favorites for 4th.

If they can keep Rooney and RVP healthy, not even necessarily at the same time, that's a pretty good attack.

-----------RVP
Adnan Rooney Mata

---------RVP
Adnan Mata Shinjury

----------Rooney
Adnan Mata someone

Those are all pretty good.

Of course their midfield and defense are still a sieve, but they might outscore some teams.

Yes. £40m is reasonable for Mata considering we are Premier League rivals.

You are nuts. Cazorla hasn't retired yet.

Not to mention Mou would never sell to a team top of the table.

I'd honestly rather pay 40 for Draxler.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Full press in English in case anyone is interested

Juventus dg Beppe Marotta accused Inter of “mistreating” Mirko Vucinic and Fredy Guarin, insisting they instigated the move.

The Bianconeri director general called the Press conference after the sudden collapse of an exchange deal between Vucinic and Guarin.

“This Press conference was called following Inter’s statement, which we defined ‘disconcerting.’ It was necessary to add more detail,” began Marotta.

“The transfer had already been verbally agreed between the parties, namely myself and Marco Fassone.

“Yesterday at 10.48 President Andrea Agnelli received a text message from Erick Thohir giving the all-clear to the move.

“Vucinic is a great professional who helped us to earn two consecutive Scudetti. In the history of football, when a player empties out his locker, it is evident a transfer has been completed. Vucinic emptied his locker.

“It is the first time in my 30 years of negotiating players that I’ve seen such a shocking situation. As you can understand, the situation has left Vucinic and Guarin ill at ease.

“My presence was absolutely necessary to protect Juventus and confirm these players were mistreated. I also read rumours today on Vucinic’s medical, but must point out he played numerous games over the last two seasons and is physically fit.”

There are reports emerging this evening that the clubs are back in negotiations for Vucinic to join Inter without Guarin’s inclusion, but Marotta was unimpressed.

“As things stand, I’d say no. President Agnelli tried to contact Thohir several times for clarification, as the Inter directors had made it explicitly clear that Thohir gave the all-clear to the deal. They spoke today and there are still no concrete elements for Vucinic’s potential transfer to Inter.”

Vucinic is now back in Turin, but his agent is looking elsewhere for a move with Arsenal and Tottenham interested.

“Yesterday we were in Rome for the Coppa Italia, so were only able to meet with him today. We expressed great regret for the situation and clearly his mood is precarious. Let’s not forget these are just young men who are not accustomed to these situations. We assured him Juventus will never abandon him, as we are grateful for what he has given to the club.

“It was Inter towards the end of December who asked for authorisation to speak to Vucinic and that is the only reason the negotiations progressed. Inter were not willing to pay cash, so we invented this exchange idea and identified Guarin as a player we wanted. The initiative came exclusively from Inter.

“Inter wanted to contact Vucinic, we agreed, and with no financial details we chose Guarin as giving the best guarantees. We didn’t point a gun to anyone’s head, nor did we imagine handing Vucinic to Inter would be in any way a ‘rip-off.’ He is a great player and if he is transferred, it is only because we have raised the level of competition in the forward line and given Vucinic less opportunity to play.

“We found ourselves in great difficulty with Inter, because we couldn’t understand what happened or get any clear answers. I wouldn’t say Inter are unreliable, but they are lacking in a professionally serious attitude.

“Vucinic is to all intents and purposes a Juventus player, but we will evaluate the situation day by day. He is part of the squad, though at the moment his confidence is extremely low, so we allowed him the day off today and also tomorrow. It was a heavy blow for him, as emptying the locker and having a medical made him think the move was already done.

“The chief responsible at Inter, ie Thohir, should explain to Agnelli what happened. We saw director Fassone tell journalists the problem was ‘environmental’ and we want to know what that actually means.”
Bemgz_FIIAAE_a1.jpg

Marotta is so gangsta

Razor554

Didn't Barca get in trouble over this kid because they illegally brought him into the team?

He's under some bullshit ban from FIFA. He can only train with Barca, cant play in youth league or cup. But he can play in youth tournaments such as this. Very good prospect.

Mastadon

Banned
Salah is going to be a great signing for Liverpool, much better out wide than Coutinho and Henderson.

Lucas Henderson Allen
Salah Sturridge Suarez

That would be very hard to play against.

Ain't gonna believe until he's leaning against something in Melwood.

I think the worst thing about Mata going to United is that I couldn't even begrudge his want to move. He's too good to warm the bench and obviously wants to play football. One of the few gentlemen in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom