• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

OpinionDan ‏@OpinionDan 3h
Giles: AFC are on alert to a Mata deal. Player settled in London, talks could happen after AW starts to looks elsewhere

Giles: board tells AW to buy to secure league

OpinionDan ‏@OpinionDan 1m
Giles update: mis interpreted, board back AW to sign a Mata calibre £40m player to secure title, not Mata himself. More news before Fri.

I love twitter.

Walshy

I don't understand this third party bid regarding Mata.

Also I stil don't understand Chelsea selling him.

Would be brilliant for United if they got him, unfortunately.

Ashes

Banned
BemZ8lkIYAA8X3x.jpg

We've not created a lot this season, but to be fair to us, we've not had many goalless games. It's the defence that has really cost us. In the past, when we have been off form, we'd go on a series of 1-0 wins.

Feorax

I don't understand this third party bid regarding Mata.

Also I stil don't understand Chelsea selling him.

Would be brilliant for United if they got him, unfortunately.

I could see it working excellently in a 4-4-2 diamond, with Mata up top behind Rooney and RVP, and Carrick sitting deep.

Unfortunately, that might be undone by the left and right wide midfielders either side being shite.

omgkitty

Giles: AFC are on alert to a Mata deal. Player settled in London, talks could happen after AW starts to looks elsewhere

Giles: board tells AW to buy to secure league

OpinionDan ‏@OpinionDan 1m
Giles update: mis interpreted, board back AW to sign a Mata calibre £40m player to secure title, not Mata himself. More news before Fri.

I love twitter.

Never trust a guy who can't bother to spell a word correctly when he's only typing a single sentence.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

These boys haven't even kicked a ball under Sherwood. You'd think we have a few more gears to go up with so many returning players, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela, we've done well to get so many points with the same 14 players.

omgkitty

These boys haven't even kicked a ball under Sherwood. You'd think we have a few more gears to go up with so many returning players, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela, we've done well to get so many points with the same 14 players.

Well this explains why a lot of footballers have terrible haircuts. I would never let another player cut my hair.

Walshy

Slightly uneasy about United fans celebrating his impending signature.

We've been here before.
Most places are saying its a done deal, maybe Mou is waiting for a last minute bid from abroad? I wish that was the case although I cant see anyone paying the money you are offering for Mata.
I could see it working excellently in a 4-4-2 diamond, with Mata up top behind Rooney and RVP, and Carrick sitting deep.

Unfortunately, that might be undone by the left and right wide midfielders either side being shite.
Mata doesn't solve their main problems, i just worry it's gonna trigger a reaction similar to the one Arsenal had with the Ozil signing.

FootballFan

You guys remember how NaughtyGod used to post about players?

"I don't think we can sign Mata, 26, Spanish international, I believe the former Valencia man is too expensive"

that shit was so weird haha.

Just go on the search bar, put in Naughty God as the username, and use "international" as the keyword and there's like 80 results with that crap lol.

Considering it doesn't directly involve us, I'm fucking livid about this. Feels like Chelsea are basically giving Man Utd the key to finishing 4th while we're letting our season potentially fall apart by seemingly doing nothing on the DM front. Of all the clubs who would be willing to spend big on Mata, why the fuck do they have to sell to those cunts? :(

salt etc

jtb

Banned
I don't trust anyone who says the board is pressuring Wenger to spend money. The board isn't interested in winning, they are and have been conservative to a fault and have been happy to hide and let Wenger shoulder the blame (not that he's completely absolved for his many ridiculously terrible decisions over the years) for the lack of spending and the trophyless years.

I want Mata but I think if it's a choice between someone like Mata or someone like Draxler; I'd probably go for Draxler. If only because we know what Mata can do, but we don't necessarily know what Draxler can bring to the table in the next few years. Higher risk, higher potential reward.

Lightning

Banned
lose/lose for us though.
Not really. Unlikely we will be involved in a battle for 4th spot. Makes the Emirates game slightly harder but I have confidence our defence can handle it.

Worst news for Liverpool, Everton and Spurs. Affects them the most and next season it affects us all but united were always going to strengthen and in the summer we must do the same.

Sites are saying knee injury for Falcao.. stretchered off during the field. :( :( :(

Jesus

As if its not bad enough having to waste a year of your career in that tinpot league because of third-party nonsense, some knobend rules you out of the World Cup as well while playing in said irrelevance.

Yen

If Moyes can't get top 4 with Mata he should be sacked and never allowed to manage a football team ever again.

Bought Days of Future Past and Fables vol. 3 today. Never read any Marvel before.

Clegg

If Moyes can't get top 4 with Mata he should be sacked and never allowed to manage a football team ever again.

Bought Days of Future Past and Fables vol. 3 today. Never read any Marvel before.

Storybook Love?

You're starting to get into the good stuff.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This same Balaque tweeted earlier that Chelsea trained with Mata this morning, amending it hours later to say "Mata was at chelsea but didnt train" he also said we had sewn up Herrera and had a chance at Fabregas.

But still

JUAN!

Feorax

Mata doesn't solve their main problems, i just worry it's gonna trigger a reaction similar to the one Arsenal had with the Ozil signing.

Ozil addressed a blunt-edge issue Arsenal had at times last season. It's helped them get into a run of wins consistently.

United have been scoring even without RVP and Rooney, their issue has been being overrun in midfield. Mata doesn't solve that, nor does he inject a great deal of pace.

He's far from useless, but he won't have the immediate impact of Ozil/Sturridge/Negredo/RVP because the team will need to be rebuilt around him to get the best from him, rather than him fitting into a vacant slot in the starting XI. Given time though, he could be one of United's great number 7's.

wedward

Carrick on his own would be a disaster.

I'm seeing two different United line ups.

Alternative United line up: De Gea. Rafael. Smalling. Evans. Buttner. Januzaj. Carrick. Fletcher. Kagawa. Welbeck. Hernandez.

:/

Into

If no other club wants to bid 30+ million for Mata, then Chelsea almost has to take it, even though it strengthens one of their rivals.

PSG, Madrid, Barca likely wont bother, they do not need him. Inter and Milan could use him but seem to hold on too tight to their purses. So what other, non Prem team would go for him? Bayern and Pep likely rate him highly but i still doubt they would go hard to get him.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 50s

#mufc starting XI vs Sunderland: De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Buttner; Januzaj, Carrick, Fletcher, Kagawa; Welbeck, Hernandez.

No Valencia.

MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Buttner; Carrick, Fletcher; Valencia, Kagawa, Januzaj; Welbeck

I'm in love with the attack (minus Valencia).

ibnGd4BGQm8Ott.gif

I've also figured out the difference in Januzaj's play when on the left compared to the right. On the right he acts like an attacking midfielder and tends to drop deeper. On the left, he plays like more of a traditional winger. Probably due to favoring his left foot so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom