• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want 4th.

I want top 4.

it2eQWy7P5rz3.gif

Kassu

Banned
Mentioning Gervinho reminds me about one Fifa match I played with my friend around Christmas. I played as Denmark/Bendtner and he played as Ivory Coast/Gervinho.

Gervinho scored the winner on fucking extra time.

I died inside that day

Lightning

Banned
Yeah but stranger things have happened. Utd didn't have the best squad last season too.
No but they were masters at grinding results and had the best manager to grace the game. Fergie was worth 20 points regardless of squad.

Liverpool are not good at grinding results. Liverpool either blow teams away or drop points. West Brom/Aston Villa.

Fry

No but they were masters at grinding results and had the best manager to grace the game. Fergie was worth 20 points regardless of squad.

Liverpool are not good at grinding results. Liverpool either blow teams away or drop points. West Brom/Aston Villa.

I don't disagree with you, but there's always a chance.

Lightning

Banned
I don't disagree with you, but there's always a chance.
Of course there's a chance but it's a very slim one. More chance that Liverpool could miss out on top 4 altogether if Moyes sorts his shit out.

Liverpool or Everton are the teams I want in the top 4 but with Mata at United they are a very big threat now.

LTWheels

Man, I had a scare tonight. Went for some drinks after work in Moorgate and I work up in Hammersmith with a dead phone with no idea where I was. Luckily I found the right night bus to get me home.

Like Liverpool's top four chances, I'm in a fucking state.

faridmon

Man, I had a scare tonight. Went for some drinks after work in Moorgate and I work up in Hammersmith with a dead phone with no idea where I was. Luckily I found the right night bus to get me home.

Like Liverpool's top four chances, I'm in a fucking state.

Moorgate to Hamersmith is pretty far away. Tube?

best CB in the league. gonna miss him. like i miss Matic. like i'll miss Rodrigo.

such is the life of a seller club.

I couldn't imagine. Whenever our key players leave they seemingly always eventually come crawling back (Arshavin, Tymo, Bystrov, Kerzhakov). I hope you guys manage to overcome these personnel losses this season and manage to avoid repeating
Jorge-Jesus-GIF.gif

FootballFan

ibmY65y22uqXT8.gif

12:45 Liverpool 3 - 1 Arsenal
15:00 Aston Villa 0 - 2 West Ham United
15:00 Chelsea 4 - 0 Newcastle United
15:00 Crystal Palace 0 - 0 West Bromwich Albion
15:00 Norwich City 2 - 6 Manchester City
15:00 Southampton 1 - 0 Stoke City
15:00 Sunderland 2 - 2 Hull City
17:30 Swansea City 1 - 0 Cardiff City

13:30 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 3 Everton
16:00 Manchester United 2 - 1 Fulham

sohois

I'm sure you said that about Stoke.

Though Stoke may not be as tenacious as they were under Pulis, they are still a mildly competent team - they managed to beat Chelsea as well, don't forget.

Fulham, on the other hand, are a complete joke in every respect.

Lightning

Banned
I ain't said nothin.
My apologies. I know 1 Man Utd fan said that about Stoke as well.

Though Stoke may not be as tenacious as they were under Pulis, they are still a mildly competent team - they managed to beat Chelsea as well, don't forget.

Fulham, on the other hand, are a complete joke in every respect.
Fulham are poop. They are going down almost guaranteed.

Pulis will keep Palace up most likely. But how shit does Pulis make Holloway look? This is basically the same players and Holloway walked away because he couldn't do it while Palace make the signing of the season in Pulis. I hate Pulis but he's good at getting results.

If Palace stay up I won't be looking forward to Selhurst Park next season.

Lightning

Banned
Bayern won only one game in Nuremberg in the last 5 or 6 years. We will drop points today :(
Hope Ribery doesn't make the Arsenal game!

http://www.championsleague.ca/2014/...ic-quitter-who-has-let-united-down-37668-9115

Arsenal legend Martin Keown has lambasted United captain Vidic for his decision in the Daily Mail. Vidic yesterday “mutually” decided that his tenure in the United backline would finish this year.

In a post titled, “Quitter Vidic has let United down… he’s left as soon as things got tough at Old Trafford,” Keown wrote:

I was stunned to hear that Nemanja Vidic will be leaving Manchester United at the end of the season.

It looks as though as soon as things have become a bit tough at Old Trafford, their captain wants out.

Of course I do not know every piece of inside information about what goes on at Manchester United but they have given Vidic so much over the years and his departure will hurt the fans.

Vidic is not old, he is 32, so he should be rolling up his sleeves and fighting for the club that allowed him to win five Premier League titles, the Champions League, three League Cups and one Club World Cup.

I wouldn’t want to give that up — where does he think he is going to be better off? It disappoints me that he is leaving and that his representatives are telling people that he will only consider deals of £4million and up.

Maybe David Moyes hasn’t fought to keep him and that has made the decision easier but it doesn’t make it right.

When I was at Arsenal, I clung on with my fingernails, staying until I really had nothing left to offer at 37 years old.

So why is Vidic running away? He has been a fantastic player for them — one of the best defenders in Premier League history — but he is turning his back on them, the club that took the captaincy off his centre back partner, Rio Ferdinand and gave it to him.

That was a huge show of faith so it is a shame he is not willing to battle on. He should be fighting to the bitter end.

United will miss his leadership qualities and aerial dominance. He attacks the ball brilliantly and is a commanding figure who makes United almost impenetrable in the air, similar in style to John Terry.

He is up there with Sol Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand, Jaap Staam and Tony Adams as the best central defenders of the Premier League era. Vincent Kompany will join that group if he carries on at this level for another couple of years.

Vidic will be remembered fondly by Manchester United fans although, in my mind, he isn’t quite as good as Stam, who was the greatest centre half to have played for the club.

So how do United prepare for life after Vidic? For now, I’d advise Moyes to pick a central defensive partner for the Serb and stick with him, injury permitting.

He has Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans who could do that job on a regular basis but I’d back Smalling. His passing has improved dramatically and he deserves a proper run in the middle. There comes a time when you have to stop being a utility player because it is demoralising.

When I returned to Arsenal under George Graham I was moved across the back four on a regular basis and I struggled.

You are not taken seriously by the fans because they don’t know what your strengths are and only when you cement a true position do you feel part of the fabric of the club.”

What do you think of Keown’s opinion? Is Vidic a quitter? Has he let United down?

I don't agree with Keown there.

pls. Posting stuff like this is getting boring. This is football and anything can happen. My god. Fucking ignorance here.

Bundasliga approved message.

pls. Bayern fans say they will drop points and it will be tough before everygame, that is what is getting boring.

Going to attempt to play foot golf today for the first time at a golf course in Manchester it's been years since I've kicked a football wish me luck!

Lightning

Banned
Bundasliga approved message.

pls. Bayern fans say they will drop points and it will be tough before everygame, that is what is getting boring.
Don't see an issue with any of Bla's posts. Every game is a potential tough game and sooner or later Bayern will lose a game. It's football.

Not Bla's fault Bayern are the greatest team on the planet. But even the best lose, it's the way it goes.

i expect that to happen anyway. arsenal wont lose to us again.
Liar. You don't expect that. I will be overjoyed if we can win though.

Blablurn

Don't see an issue with any of Bla's posts. Every game is a potential tough game and sooner or later Bayern will lose a game. It's football.

Not Bla's fault Bayern are the greatest team on the planet. But even the best lose, it's the way it goes.

Liar. You don't expect that. I will be overjoyed if we can win though.

Please don't accuse me of lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom