• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho never wasting a moment of air time, complaining about Hazard not getting player of the month awards and saying he was otherwise not happy with the teams performance lol

Feorax

Man, I can't even get over that Liverpool score, and seeing the missed chances too. They should have scored eight.

Arnie. I bow to Sir Brenty. Lambert was false prophet.

It's crazy he's managed to get a squad that's finished 7th, 6th, 8th and 7th in the last 4 seasons to this point without making any real big money signings.

lol. City should have been looking at 6 points from the last 2 games, bearing in mind their home form

Pelle dun goofed. If you want to win the league, Di Michelis and Milner spend as long as possible out of the team.

My bet is deader than Ozil after a slight nudge from the Henderbeast

Fergie

Banned
Desperately hoping for a Cardiff win, for Wilf and Fabio and Ole. Garry Monk can get fucked. How someone has outloooooled Sherwood as a managerial appointment this season is fucking beyond me.
Same.

Should have given Laudrap till summer.

Zaha to get 2 assists pls.

Wilbur

Banned
And Palace, wow. Pulis is brilliant, isn't he? Easy to hate the goblin looking turtle but fuck me he's good.

It's crazy he's managed to get a squad that's finished 7th, 6th, 8th and 7th in the last 4 seasons to this point without making any real big money signings.

What is the most money you've spent? Sakho? That was 15m or so?

Meier

So what do we think about Yaya? If the ref didn't see it then surely he could be looking at a potential 3 match ban?
Without having seen any more replays, there was nothing there that was red card worthy. He clipped his heel but that's it. It was just time wasting from RVW.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
arsethrow.gif

Throw The Damn Towel Man

brilliant!

I don't approve of his look though.. :(

Yen

His only signings over £10m have been Allen, Borini, Sturridge, Sakho right? Not bad.
If (*If*) we get CL, well have to spend big to improve the quality and depth of the squad.

Man, I can't even get over that Liverpool score, and seeing the missed chances too. They should have scored eight.

Arnie. I bow to Sir Brenty. Lambert was false prophet.

Skrtel goal
Skrtel goal
Sturridge one on one
Suarez volley
Toure follow-up
Sterling goal
Sturridge goal
Sterling goal
Suarez free kick
Coutinho shot
Sterling bundle wide
Sterling one on one
Henderson rubbish chip

All either clear chances, or very close to going in. Dat fluid front 4.

Feorax

Oh give me a break.

You did spent a lot!

I'm not saying we didn't spend a lot.

I'm saying Rodgers hasn't had the luxury of spunking around £40m on a single world class player like Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United have in the last few windows.

Arnie

What is the most money you've spent? Sakho? That was 15m or so?

Sakho was 18 (and was immense before injury and Allen was 15). Both of which are incredibly modest sums in today's financial climate for a team aiming to be up near the top of the table.

Chelsea bought a player for £30 million, City the same, United the same, Spurs the same and Arsenal spent fucking 40m on a single one.

To be above some and around the others without having breached £20 million is really impressive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ooh and congrats Liverpool GAF
3AQmK.gif

this makes up for last week innit?

ARNIE WHAT ARE YOU EATING TELL US

wedward

I'm not saying we didn't spend a lot.

I'm saying Rodgers hasn't had the luxury of spunking around £40m on a single world class player like Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United have in the last few windows.

Only because you spunked 35 mil on a shithouse.

bobito

Banned
Sakho was 18 (and was immense before injury and Allen was 15). Both of which are incredibly modest sums in today's financial climate for a team aiming to be up near the top of the table.

Chelsea bought a player for £30 million, City the same, United the same, Spurs the same and Arsenal spent fucking 40m on a single one.

To be above some and around the others without having breached £20 million is really impressive.

I think that works for all but spurs.

There net spend was low (maybe even negative- can't remember) and generally is always low. Plus they have a lower wage budget then Liverpool.

The real underachievers are really united, spurs for the money they spend do great

13a2+Wages+League.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Great result for us today to win 2-0 at Reading. We had to put out a makeshift back line and Reading have been scoring for fun, but it looks like we dominated them across the park.

Last time I went there we lost 6-0 and the year before that we lost 5-0, so scratch 0-2 today under the "shock" category!

Now upto 17th but with +2 goal difference and games in hand. Beat Wigan at home on Tuesday and we are in touching distance of the top half.

Arnie

ooh and congrats Liverpool GAF
3AQmK.gif

this makes up for last week innit?

ARNIE WHAT ARE YOU EATING TELL US

I was literally in the cafe at half 12 and they were taking a fucking age with my order. I told them that the match was kicking off at quarter to and I'd like the bill with my full english. The breakfast arrived (I'd swapped the mushrooms for extra hash browns) and I had under 10 minutes to eat it and get home (I live a couple of minutes away). I wolfed and I wolfed and I gobbled and I gobbled and I cleared the plate. I refrained from opening the dr pepper as I felt the gas would obstruct the wolfing.

Heading home I straddled the middle ground between a run and a walk, flicking the Twitter app on my phone into constant life. I missed kickoff by 54 seconds. But that was enough. SKRTL, the mirror told me. SKRTL. I roared and I roared and I howled and I howled.

I returned to my room, opened up the HD stream I'd used Paypal previously to acquire and only then did I feast.

And now I'm full. And now I'll sleep. And now I'll smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom