• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Fair enough, you got me.

Yeah, I keep forgetting that you lot sold some dead weights for a lot of money too.

Squad-n-wages-PL-13-14.jpg

Arnie

Good day? Baby we are ten points off fourth.
Clegg's already accepted his fate.

Thus Clegg had a good day.

Speaking of good days I'm about to have a bath. No bubbles. I'll just stare at my floating genitalia. It's better than this fucking Welsh derby.

Ugh, utterly terrible result. Every single Arsenal player was terrible. no excuses really. Disgraceful.

Congrats to Liverpool. You guys were absolutely fantastic going forward. Sterling,Suarez, Sturridge and Henderson were absolute menaces. Superb linking and flowing front four. As opposed to our static and shit front four.

Need to get a result on Wednesday. It's imperative we win.

pulga

Banned
@SocialRMadrid: REAL MADRID XI: Diego López; Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Illarra, Modric, Di María; Jesé, Bale & Benzema.

Bf-H7uvCUAEWAyk.png:large

as expected, except for Xabi getting a rest.

pls we need a baleout tonight

@SocialRMadrid: Gareth Bale at the Bernabeu.

> 10 games
> 6 goals
> 5 assists http://t.co/JJVrcxiQel

Scum

You wanna see a team not score against a shite defence? Fulham here we come :p

4+ goals from Man Utd or I'm joining the Moyes Witch hunt.

Late smash and grab from peto. Two goals in 88/90 mins.

Cov getting done 3-0 by Notts C biggest shock for me. Indisguise pls.

--

That kid ain't a fan of anyone. Stick to FIFA Ultimate Team son.

Damn. Good on Peterborough.

jtb

Banned
jtb, i don't get you. granted, wilshere acted like a complete tit today, but he was the only decent player on the pitch. pairing arteta with rosicky instead would be begging for even more goals.

He was really sloppy in possession today. his passing may not have directly led to Liverpool goals like Ozil's did, but I certainly didn't think he did a good job. He and Arteta both completely failed to protect the back four—and he's consistently neglected his defensive duties whenever he's played in the middle this season.

you're right though, we can't afford to make our midfield even less physical even if I do enjoy the idea of benching him.

faridmon

Thank fuck for Big Sam, is all I can say :p

Well at least they are getting that money back by soaring hig....

Ops.

Also, that graph above, I want to know when exactly was it calculated? I mean we did get rid of Heitenga and Jelavic whom both were on high wages, relatively speaking.

Also lol at Aston Villa.

We owe a lot to him, to that club.

No other team would've taken them off our hands, especially for that kind of money.

Yeah. Especially Carroll, anyone else would have waited for his price to go down to like £8m, since its not like they were outbidding others, and everyone knew we wanted him off the wage bill, and a more suitable player taking his role in the squad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
4+ goals from Man Utd or I'm joining the Moyes Witch hunt.

Damn. Good on Peterborough.

Im of the belief that in order to win we need to score 3-4 goals, cause we sure as fuck are not keeping a clean sheet.

I wonder if we are going to see some change tomorrow or if, like every week, we are going to start Young and or Valencia, its a running joke at this point, its managerial incompetence. If Adnan is in good health he starts, there should be absolutely no debate about this.

faridmon

@SocialRMadrid: REAL MADRID XI: Diego López; Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Illarra, Modric, Di María; Jesé, Bale & Benzema.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf-H7uvCUAEWAyk.png:large[IMG]

> 10 games
> 6 goals
> 5 assists [url]http://t.co/JJVrcxiQel[/url][/QUOTE]

Isco, nowhere to be found.
at least Illara is getting some (rare) gametime.

Scum

Did Giroud play badly, or was there just a complete failure to get the ball to him in any position where he could threaten or link play up?

More this, by the sounds of things.

Bf-H7uvCUAEWAyk.png:large

> 10 games
> 6 goals
> 5 assists http://t.co/JJVrcxiQel

Why is Crotch Maria in the middle? pulga, pls. #FreeIsco

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well yeah that was a bit lucky. But we were always a sleeping giant, we just needed some smelling salts to bring us around.

I think a more apt example is you killed the giant, built a complex on its corpse and hired a team of mercenaries to take the title /bitter

Barzul

Hope Gibbs is recovered from whatever knock he has. Monreal hasn't really worked out. He's good, but not main LB good.

faridmon

I think I've come to terms with that, just.

Martinez is going to buy him and make and integral part of our team*

*Once we get into the CL, Gets tired of the bench at Real, Real makes bid to Suarez, Decide to sell him on cheap to recoup the cost, and once we sell our walkers crisp that was laying around our warehouse,

Not surprised that Isco will be on the bench. The kid with the silk feet needs to understand he's playing for RM and not for Malaga. The shrimp better realize he ain't the star of the team, and he needs to build more plays for others instead of being such a greedy cunt with the ball.

Plasma

Banned
jtb, i don't get you. granted, wilshere acted like a complete tit today, but he was the only somewhat decent player on the pitch.

pairing arteta with rosicky instead would be begging for even more goals.

I wouldn't mind starting Rosicky and Wilshere in the next match and drop Ozil to give him a bit of a wake up call.

Wilbur

Banned
West Ham doing alright, three very good results in a row. Thought the Sam Out brigade was a bit hasty, he's proved himself time and time again at this level. Villa though, they can only play well against sides that bring it to them, odd team.

Brown looooooool what's he doing? Sunderland keep getting done by their own stupidity. One step forward one step back, pretty consistently since Gus took over. Long's a superb but for Hull, surprised WBA let him go considering they're struggling for goals.

As for them, Mel's a good coach by all accounts - Sid Lowe wrote something on him recently, apparently the Betis fans love him and they were great at times last season if I recall correctly - but he's come into a side with no goalscorers. And a brilliant result for Palace; think their deadline day business went a bit under the radar but Ledley especially is brilliant business. Always liked him.

Hazard is incredible. Thought I made a good shout saying he's going to be the best player in the league this season; only Suarez is beating him for consistency I think so far. Newcastle, not much to take from a loss at the Bridge really.

Brilliant point for Norwich. Fuck City. Pellegrini making Mancini like decisions, getting scared when it comes to crunch time.

pulga

Banned
West Ham doing alright, three very good results in a row. Thought the Sam Out brigade was a bit hasty, he's proved himself time and time again at this level. Villa though, they can only play well against sides that bring it to them, odd team.

Brown looooooool what's he doing? Sunderland keep getting done by their own stupidity. One step forward one step back, pretty consistently since Gus took over. Long's a superb but for Hull, surprised WBA let him go considering they're struggling for goals.

As for them, Mel's a good coach by all accounts - Sid Lowe wrote something on him recently, apparently the Betis fans love him and they were great at times last season if I recall correctly - but he's come into a side with no goalscorers. And a brilliant result for Palace; think their deadline day business went a bit under the radar but Ledley especially is brilliant business. Always liked him.

Hazard is incredible. Thought I made a good shout saying he's going to be the best player in the league this season; only Suarez is beating him for consistency I think so far. Newcastle, not much to take from a loss at the Bridge really.

Brilliant point for Norwich. Fuck City. Pellegrini making Mancini like decisions, getting scared when it comes to crunch time.

shut your piehole and tell me when and against whom is the next United comedy hour

Wilbur

Banned
shut your piehole and tell me when and against whom is the next United comedy hour

Tomorrow, 4pm UK time, Fulham at home.

I have work from 5. Already told my manager if we lose I'm going to commit seppuku with a corn on the cob in the middle of the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom