• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
8vY9Gvj.jpg

BopI5sd.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Great result for us today to win 2-0 at Reading. We had to put out a makeshift back line and Reading have been scoring for fun, but it looks like we dominated them across the park.

Last time I went there we lost 6-0 and the year before that we lost 5-0, so scratch 0-2 today under the "shock" category!

Now upto 17th but with +2 goal difference and games in hand. Beat Wigan at home on Tuesday and we are in touching distance of the top half.

You're on a great little run at the moment. Hope you keep it up.

Gutted for Leicester. 9 games won on the spin, then they lost to fucking Watford.

dc89

Great result for us today to win 2-0 at Reading. We had to put out a makeshift back line and Reading have been scoring for fun, but it looks like we dominated them across the park.

Last time I went there we lost 6-0 and the year before that we lost 5-0, so scratch 0-2 today under the "shock" category!

Now upto 17th but with +2 goal difference and games in hand. Beat Wigan at home on Tuesday and we are in touching distance of the top half.

I'd have loved you if you managed to score another goal. Or concede one, I didn't really care.

Bumhead

Banned
You're on a great little run at the moment. Hope you keep it up.

Gutted for Leicester. 9 games won on the spin, then they lost to fucking Watford.

Leicester got a late equaliser. 2-2.

But cheers though. Our form is fantastic. We are a case study for how sacking a toxic manager and promoting a face from within who the players like, respond to and respect what he's doing can work.

We were HOPELESS under Dave Jones. The last of the 92 league clubs to record a win and destined for the drop. Under Gray we are unbeaten in 11 and unbeaten in 2014. Climbing the table with daylight between us and the drop and in the 5th round of the cup.

Feels fantastic.

Paradicia

I'm an Arsenal fan but Ozil seemed like he cared more about 'visiting' Anfield than actually playing there. His tweet even alludes to this before the game "My first game at Anfield Road. Looking forward." His two errors just highlights the fact that he hasn't been on par to what is required of him in the BPL. His disinterest and lethargic performances are shocking considering his price tag.

I hope we bounce back from this shit performance and win mid week against United at home because there's still only 1 point between us and Chelsea. Title is still there for the taking.

Mastadon

Banned
Leicester got a late equaliser. 2-2.

But cheers though. Our form is fantastic. We are a case study for how sacking a toxic manager and promoting a face from within who the players like, respond to and respect what he's doing can work.

We were HOPELESS under Dave Jones. The last of the 92 league clubs to record a win and destined for the drop. Under Gray we are unbeaten in 11 and unbeaten in 2014. Climbing the table with daylight between us and the drop and in the 5th round of the cup.

Feels fantastic.

Oh wow really? Missed that. Decent result after all then.

Just looking through your fixtures. Charlton aside, you've got a pretty tough run in of teams just above you. Win a couple of those and you'll be right up in mid-table.

Utd will surely win tomorrow, so we really need a draw between Eve and Tott.

If we'd dropped points today I'd agree, but any result keeps us just about ahead.

Draw>>>Spurs win>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everton win

If Spurs win, we can still effect their chase as we've yet to play them at home. If Everton put some form together, there's nothing we can do about it other than hope we keep our noses in front.

What a mammoth weekend for the title, top 4, and the relegation battle

Fry

Even if United win tomorrow, we're closer to the top of the league than we are to them.

This fucking season man...

If we'd dropped points today I'd agree, but any result keeps us just about ahead.

Draw>>>Spurs win>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everton win

If Spurs win, we can still effect their chase as we've yet to play them at home. If Everton put some form together, there's nothing we can do about it other than hope we keep our noses in front.

What a mammoth weekend for the title, top 4, and the relegation battle

Damn, I just saw that we are 10 points ahead of Man Utd.
Our only worry right now is Everton. Since we already played them twice, we just have to do our job and hope they don't do theirs.

Imagine if we play like this against Chelsea and City? Damn...

Feorax

We probably will, we seem to have figured it out at home now.

I expect we'll beat City and draw against Chelsea if we play as we did today. All depends on fitness and injuries though.

bud

We probably will, we seem to have figured it out at home now.

I expect we'll beat City and draw against Chelsea if we play as we did today. All depends on fitness and injuries though.

there's no way you'll beat chelsea at their own game.

not sure when liverpool are playing city again, but aguero alone will rip their defence apart.

I'm an Arsenal fan but Ozil seemed like he cared more about 'visiting' Anfield than actually playing there. His tweet even alludes to this before the game "My first game at Anfield Road. Looking forward." His two errors just highlights the fact that he hasn't been on par to what is required of him in the BPL. His disinterest and lethargic performances are shocking considering his price tag.

I hope we bounce back from this shit performance and win mid week against United at home because there's still only 1 point between us and Chelsea. Title is still there for the taking.

Its really simple, but he has to learn that in the PL, its acceptable to just get rid of the ball when you're being put under pressure from someone as dogged as Henderson and can't find a decent option to pass to. For Sterling's first, you could see the play evolving that way for a number of seconds as he dallied on the ball and clearly couldn't see an option other than just trying to keep the ball away from BeastHenders

Damn, I just saw that we are 10 points ahead of Man Utd.
Our only worry right now is Everton. Since we already played them twice, we just have to do our job and hope they don't do theirs.

That's the dream. Win both, while picking up good results in the other games, and who knows where we could end up?

Could all go tits-up though. Wanna get away from 5th before thinking about 3rd.

jtb

Banned
I'd bench Ozil on Wednesday, play Rosicky or Ox in that role.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Drop Wilshere too. Arteta-Flamini-Cazorla midfield 3, Podolski on the left, Ox on the right.

or play Ox on the left, Gnabry on the right, Podolski up front. Either way, shake up the team a bit.

dc89

dxOEUBM.png

Forgot to share this from last night. I love the Dutch Jupiler/Eereste Divisie. Bought time I had some luck.

Barzul

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Drop Wilshere too. Arteta-Flamini-Cazorla midfield 3, Podolski on the left, Ox on the right.

or play Ox on the left, Gnabry on the right, Podolski up front. Either way, shake up the team a bit.

Flamini is still banned. Won't be back till Liverpool at the Emirates.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not quite sure how we only dropped to second, how did Man City not score against Norwich their defence is woeful.

You wanna see a team not score against a shite defence? Fulham here we come :p

bud

jtb, i don't get you. granted, wilshere acted like a complete tit today, but he was the only somewhat decent player on the pitch.

pairing arteta with rosicky instead would be begging for even more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom