• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
please excuse turok, he hasn't had his dementia meds yet

the statement is true if told to the gooners, but to Liverpool when they've got Suarez? turok pls

anyway

tied with Fat Ronnie on goals in a Madrid shirt so all you haters can fuck off

King_Moc

Banned
Suso will definitely be a part of our squad.

I think there is a place in our squad for Assaidi as well, at least for next season.

I like Borini, he's a hard worker and he is still relatively young at 22. In some ways he's worth keeping in case he clicks on. I wouldn't be too upset if we sell him for a good price. Maybe send him out on loan to Italy for another season.

Borini has potential and hasn't really had a chance to shine at Liverpool due to injury. He looks good at Sunderland, but he'd never be more than a squad player at Liverpool.

Assaidi definitely looks to have potential, but again, i can't see him finding it at Liverpool. Unless they're both happy to be squad players with occasional appearances from the bench. I can't see either of them ever being good enough to warrant them being part of a rotation system, unfortunately. Though i guess that may have to happen anyway if we make the Champions League. The whole strikeforce and midfield just fine as it is. If we were solid at the back, we'd likely be top i reckon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
image.php

MIA SAN MIA

Baki

Skrtel goal
Skrtel goal
Sturridge one on one
Suarez volley
Toure follow-up
Sterling goal
Sturridge goal
Sterling goal
Suarez free kick
Coutinho shot
Sterling bundle wide
Sterling one on one
Henderson rubbish chip

All either clear chances, or very close to going in. Dat fluid front 4.

I raise you, Arteta
(pen)

pulga

Banned
Magic Modric got a standing ovation when he went to take the corner kick

NEVER FORGET

Bf-rJSuIIAEL0bW.jpg

CRACK SONG VS. 42 MILLION SMOKESCREEN TO PAPER OVER THE SHAME

noal

Banned
noal I'm fully scared I'm going to have a bag by the time I hit puberty

Don't worry mate. I have problems the other end. After three pints I spend most of my time in the toilet. The rozzers will be on to me soon for 'dodgy behaviour'.

Actually, come to think of it, there is somebody at work who has a bag on the bonnet and it looks like he keeps an original Game Boy down there. That fucker is packing Amazon Prime!

feel

zoVS299.gif

From Reddit. That is an El Capitan finish right there.
Beautiful. I did this exact same finish the other day on a 5-a-side except I was trying to assist someone who wasn't even there. Noone noticed and all I got was praise from everyone including opponents.

Wilbur

Banned
Beautiful. I did this exact same finish the other day on a 5-a-side except I was trying to assist someone who wasn't even there. Noone noticed and all I got was praise from everyone including opponents.

I went bowling with the work lot last week and rolled it through my legs running backwards and got a strike and only two cunts saw.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my god

Yet the daddy of them all will always be that little masterpiece from his first spell at St James' when he elaborated on his time as Nepal's national coach and the shocking events when the king's son – "one of my closest friends," Kinnear recalled – was instructed to "marry some bird … he wanted to marry someone else but he couldn't … like the usual crap. So what did he do? He killed them all and then blew his own brains out. I got out of there about three days after and I have never been back."

Journalistic gold, bar one inconvenient detail. Kinnear managed Nepal in 1987. Prince Dipendra killed himself and eight members of his family in June 2001, when Kinnear was managing Luton.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/08/nemanja-vidic-exit-manchester-united

Second half of the article is on Kinnear. The first is on sweet Nemanja.

Turok_TTZ

please excuse turok, he hasn't had his dementia meds yet

the statement is true if told to the gooners, but to Liverpool when they've got Suarez? turok pls

anyway

tied with Fat Ronnie on goals in a Madrid shirt so all you haters can fuck off
Has Suarez won anything for liverpool worth of mention?

Benzema was a key man in our league win 2 years ago.
pulga pls. apples to oranges, comparing a proven champion to some flavor of the season with no titles to show for it.

Arnie

pulga pls. apples to oranges, comparing a proven champion to some flavor of the season with no titles to show for it.
this is doicare levels of

sturridgeplis4ukjz.gif

Clegg

Turok you are an odd bloke.

Does comparing a side act at Madrid to a player who'd carried a side on his back for two seasons make much sense to you?

Went to the Bridge with Quiche today, great game, great performance.

Pretty sure we just watched the next premier league champions at work
...not Newcastle.
Like a steam train, we were slow to start with, once the fires burning sufficiently we rolled in with 3 goals (still not seen anything on the penalty incident, I thought Newcastle had been given a free kick) without breaking too much of a sweat.

Matic, my new hero, the hero we deserve.

Hazard for Ballon D'or/Player of the season/Player of the month and any other award going on

King_Moc

Banned

Oh wow, you were serious. Liverpool currently have the two top scorers in the premier league. And one person can't win a league by themselves, so your point doesn't stand.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Napoli failt to finish third, is this a poor season even if they win the Copa d'Italia? I'd say so.

Finishing 3rd is more important than winning Coppa Italia. Finishing in EL spots after spending 100+ mill will be a gigantic failure.

No one can fault him for finishing behind Juve and existing the CL with TWELVE points though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom