• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
do gunners believe uncle Lambda now when he told you Ozil was a lazy cunt?

do blues believe uncle Lambda when he said Matic was immense?

do mancs believe uncle Lambda when he told you Mata is useless after you lost to Fulham today?

Ozil is lazy but you have to play him in a system where his lack of tracking back doesn't get exposed and other players compensate for him. I think Morinho once compared him to an expensive luxury car that requires care and the right maintenance and he is correct. Wenger has struggled to get the best out of him since we lost Ramsey to injury because Ramsey is a monster when it comes to running around the pitch and covering gaps.

jtb

Banned
Defensive midfielder and striker are the key holes in this team along with lack of defensive cover. Wenger's naivety also plays a huge part in that he doesn't rotate properly. For example against teams where we know they wont attack us much, Cardiff/Palace, like games we need to rest our defenders like Per and Kos but due to lack of squad depth we cannot.

Winning the league doesn't mean anything to me so I don't care about that as we don't have the squad for that. A part of me is concerned about Wenger though because Giroud isn't good enough, can't play every game, and we suffer for it. So we suffer from 60% efforts because we simply cannot keep our players fresh but will Wenger fix this? I have my doubts.

Tiredness didn't cause the Liverpool nightmare. The players didn't show up from the start.

And yeah Sagna is gone. In January he clearly got an offer that appealed to him.

Yeah there's no way we can blame tiredness since everyone had a week to rest. Just a pathetic performance and the lack of rotation continues to kill our squad.

If Wenger truly believed that Sagna was a viable back-up for Mertesacker or Koscielny, since that was his excuse for not buying a defender, then he should have played there in one of the lesser fixtures to give them some rest. Same with Vermaelen. We're paying our so-called-captain way too much to just let his value plummet on the bench; especially since the majority of his problems are mental. If Wenger or Bould sat him down and told him to stop doing stupid shit like rampaging forward without anyone covering him, he'd immediately stop being a liability and be an average, unspectacular defender.

Not to mention the players like Ramsey who were probably overplayed at the start of the season and now he's out for 6+ weeks. Giroud needs to take games off too, both because he needs rest and his skill set isn't suited to certain games (like this one).

if there's any silver lining to this defeat it's that surely Wenger can't possibly put out the same eleven players against Utd after a game like that—if, for no other reason, than the Emirates will turn on him and the team right from kick off.

do mancs believe uncle Lambda when he told you Mata is useless after you lost to Fulham today?

iPZHLJxJEmFXa.gif

Lightning

Banned
Yeah there's no way we can blame tiredness since everyone had a week to rest. Just a pathetic performance and the lack of rotation continues to kill our squad.

If Wenger truly believed that Sagna was a viable back-up for Mertesacker or Koscielny, since that was his excuse for not buying a defender, then he should have played there in one of the lesser fixtures to give them some rest. Same with Vermaelen. We're paying our so-called-captain way too much to just let his value plummet on the bench; especially since the majority of his problems are mental. If Wenger or Bould sat him down and told him to stop doing stupid shit like rampaging forward without anyone covering him, he'd immediately stop being a liability and be an average, unspectacular defender.

Not to mention the players like Ramsey who were probably overplayed at the start of the season and now he's out for 6+ weeks. Giroud needs to take games off too, both because he needs rest and his skill set isn't suited to certain games (like this one).

if there's any silver lining to this defeat it's that surely Wenger can't possibly put out the same eleven players against Utd after a game like that—if, for no other reason, than the Emirates will turn on him and the team right from kick off.
The Emirates stadium is a worry though as we concede an early goal, especially if RVP scores it, then the crowd are going to get stuck into the players and Wenger. That won't be that helpful.

Lack of squad depth is what's hurting us though, not lack of talent. Except in Giroud's case, then it's both.

doicare

Derp?

I have nothing against you mate but the trouble is is that you say the exact same thing every time. Can't you just admit, like most United fans this season, that we are just not good enough at the moment?

Injuries, suspensions, new manager and lack of form/ dead wood are a pretty big obstacle to tackle all at once. Hopefully, next season, will see an improvement but at the moment we are very much a work in progress.
Well the thing is in no way am i saying the only reason why Manchester United have suffered this year is due to injuries, but it is one of the main reasons. Other people just tend to be dicks about it and instead of just admiting United have had bad injuries they just sit there in denial and troll United.

Despite all the other problems United have had, quite simply if Van Persie, Rooney, Carrick and Vidic had all been fit for the vast majority of the season then United would either be sitting top of the league right now or be a few points off the top. Those key injuries have further been compounded by bad and long injuries to Fellaini, Fletcher, Rafael, Ferdinand, Nani, Jones, Young and Welbeck.

And now when we've got a situation where both Man City and Arsenal have been suffering with injuries (still no where near as bad as what United have had) we see both of them starting to drop points.

And what do we see their fans talking about??? Oh yeah they bring up the fact that they have injuries and that's why they lost/drew. Double standards much?

wedward

Well the thing is in no way am i saying the only reason why Manchester United have suffered this year is due to injuries, but it is one of the main reasons. Other people just tend to be dicks about it and instead of just admiting United have had bad injuries they just sit there in denial and troll United.

Despite all the other problems United have had, quite simply if Van Persie, Rooney, Carrick and Vidic had all been fit for the vast majority of the season then United would either be sitting top of the league right now or be a few points off the top. Those key injuries have further been compounded by bad and long injuries to Fellaini, Fletcher, Rafael, Ferdinand, Nani, Jones, Young and Welbeck.

And now when we've got a situation where both Man City and Arsenal have been suffering with injuries (still no where near as bad as what United have had) we see both of them starting to drop points.

And what do we see their fans talking about??? Oh yeah they bring up the fact that they have injuries and that's why they lost/drew. Double standards much?

I don't get why it matters? Every team has injuries. Arsenal are missing their top scorer from last season and their best player from the first half of the season? Same with Man City. When we drop points does anyone in here say it's because of injuries? Injuries are a part of the game.

Scum

Boo. I'm going to miss our game, not that it matters. We're going to lose it. :-(
I also expect a comfortable win for United, unless Fulham somehow manage to get a goal...

Draconian

Yeah, I'm way late, but I've been busy all day and watched the game a few hours ago. Hazard was unstoppable. Matic has been a great pick up as he's more versatile than Mikel and doesn't give it away nearly as much as Ramires. The back line was getting beaten way too much for my liking though. Ivanovic got beaten way too easily and Luiz looked lost from time to time. It's another clean sheet, but Newcastle should've scored. Still though, I'm thrilled to be top of the table. I think City will put it back together, but apparently we must've really done a number on their confidence as they only had 2 shots on target against Norwich?

Are Liverpool supporters really that bitter about Salah? Reading from the comments in here it seems so. The kneejerk reactions to a 15 minute debut couldn't be sillier.

qindarka

Banned
I think every team's message board is about equal to be honest. This applies across most sports.

Yeah, they are too insular. Seen plenty of rubbish on Chelsea boards as well, wouldn't have dared to look at a thread about Mata just two weeks ago.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't get why it matters? Every team has injuries. Arsenal are missing their top scorer from last season and their best player from the first half of the season? Same with Man City. When we drop points does anyone in here say it's because of injuries? Injuries are a part of the game.

Why are you attempting to communicate with him? Place him on ignore like the rest of us and only mention his name in jest because that's what he is and always has been.

Draconian

Btw, Eto'o has gotten better as the season has gone along. Lovely one-two with Hazard. I could watch that goal all day and never be bored.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
probably old by now

According to papers, Roma rejected a €25m Manchester United offer for Kevin Strootman in January.

The former PSV Eindhoven star had already been a transfer target for United when he first joined Roma last summer for €19m.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claims the Old Trafford club made another attempt to sign Strootman in January, offering €25m.

However, it was rejected and it’s reported Roma told United emissaries they “wouldn’t even sit down” to a negotiating table for less than €40m.

“Kevin is very happy in Rome and his plan is to stay there for a long time,” said agent Chiel Dekker.

“He is well, while he likes both the club and the city.”

and Inter pretty much confirmed signing Vidic.

Zabojnik

We have to win today, somehow, anyhow. Fucking 3-5-2, 4-3-3 with Osvaldo, whatever. 3 fucking points, please. Roma will murder Lazio in the derby.

dc89

Get in Melbourne Heart are winning! Doing what City couldn't yesterday.

Two teaming is awesome. Can't wait to be a three teamer when NYCFC start playing.

GHG

Gold Member

Wow.

Just watching the 1st 20 minutes of the Liverpool game yesterday and our setup was awful as I suspected. Liverpool exploited us in the same way time and time again. Amature defending, amature tactics, amature workrate.

The 1st goal can happen, and thats sometimes unavoidable (he was offside) but what followed afterwards was inexplicable. We are still in the game if we keep it at 1-0 for the next 20 minutes or so but we tried to go HAM without any real penetration or skill and got blown away as a consequence. If you're going to go HAM you have to at least do it with some conviction, if not this happens and you end up looking silly.

The corner for the 2nd goal was conceeded because Cazorla didn't track Flanagan back so Monreal was overloaded easily down our left. Just horrible defending. Carzorla literally stands there and watches Flanagan run past him.

Their 3rd goal was criminal. Both Sagna AND monreal were midway into their half which left us horribly exposed. Yes Arteta was standing infront of the 2 centrebacks but they didn't split with Arteta dropping in as soon as Ozil lost the ball, they all stayed narrow with Arteta infront on the back 2. That left 1 player free to run down our left flank and then 2 players (Sturridge and Sterling who scored) to run free down our right flank. What. The. Fuck. So avoidable if 1. Ozil had realised the situation around him with the fullbacks being forward and kept the ball with a simple pass and then if Arteta, Kos and Mert had split into a wide back 3.

Credit to Liverpool though because they exploited us brutally and were actully quite clinical. We on the other hand were toothless in possession and absolutely clueless in defence.

Painful.

Get in Melbourne Heart are winning! Doing what City couldn't yesterday.

Two teaming is awesome. Can't wait to be a three teamer when NYCFC start playing.

If you start doing PR posts for those teams as well I'm going to throw myself off the top of Leith Hill tower

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Harry Redknapp “It's an amazing game, isn't it? You can't get a game at Fulham at the bottom of the Premier League and then you go to Milan! Years ago to get to Milan you had to be a world-class superstar.”

Blablurn

Hannovers goalkeeper Robert Enke committed suicide some years ago because of the pressure. And now we have a shitton of Hamburg fans attacking their own players. German Fans learned shit out of the Enke incident. It's a shame.

Lightning

Banned
Wow.

Just watching the 1st 20 minutes of the Liverpool game yesterday and our setup was awful as I suspected. Liverpool exploited us in the same way time and time again. Amature defending, amature tactics, amature workrate.

The 1st goal can happen, and thats sometimes unavoidable (he was offside) but what followed afterwards was inexplicable. We are still in the game if we keep it at 1-0 for the next 20 minutes or so but we tried to go HAM without any real penetration or skill and got blown away as a consequence. If you're going to go HAM you have to at least do it with some conviction, if not this happens and you end up looking silly.

The corner for the 2nd goal was conceeded because Cazorla didn't track Flanagan back so Monreal was overloaded easily down our left. Just horrible defending. Carzorla literally stands there and watches Flanagan run past him.

Their 3rd goal was criminal. Both Sagna AND monreal were midway into their half which left us horribly exposed. Yes Arteta was standing infront of the 2 centrebacks but they didn't split with Arteta dropping in as soon as Ozil lost the ball, they all stayed narrow with Arteta infront on the back 2. That left 1 player free to run down our left flank and then 2 players (Sturridge and Sterling who scored) to run free down our right flank. What. The. Fuck. So avoidable if 1. Ozil had realised the situation around him with the fullbacks being forward and kept the ball with a simple pass and then if Arteta, Kos and Mert had split into a wide back 3.

Credit to Liverpool though because they exploited us brutally and were actully quite clinical. We on the other hand were toothless in possession and absolutely clueless in defence.

Painful.
Don't dwell on it. It's 3 points. Lads need to bounce back against Moyes Boys!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I saw ‘Balotelli’ was trending on Twitter in the UK. I clicked on the topic, expecting to see something about the game or people commiserating with the much-loved maverick over his tearful reaction to the substitution. Instead I found myself reading page upon page of comments asking for UEFA to ban Italian clubs and even for all black players around the world to go on strike because racist abuse had been so bad that it pushed SuperMario to break down in tears. I was speechless, which is more than can be said for those thousands who declared Serie A should be shut down on the basis of a completely false story.
Another video of tears went viral last week, as Hernanes wept in his car while saluting Lazio fans for the last time. He knew it was the final occasion before his move to Inter, but the supporters did not. The Brazilian was consoled in tender fashion by the ultras – the same ultras we so often see depicted as vicious brutes who want to beat up their own players. The video usually cut out before one telling moment, which saw the fan who embraced him break away because he too was crying.

Premfaces are the worst in the world.

here's the real story

This has been a tough week for Mario. A bitter legal battle with his ex-girlfriend finally came to the DNA tests proving he is the father of a little girl, Pia, who was born in December 2012. He has avoided meeting her until this point as he wanted to be sure he was her Dad before making an emotional connection, as much for her own good as his. “I know what it’s like to be a child and suddenly people leave,” said the man who was adopted by the Balotelli family in Brescia and was estranged from his biological family until relatively recently. Pia and her mother Raffaella Fico live in Naples. Milan were playing at the San Paolo. It’s very likely he had something prepared as a dedication to his newly-discovered daughter if he was to score a goal that night, in her home city. When he was substituted just moments after missing an open goal and with his team losing, the disappointment flooded over him.
Mario’s brother Enock Baruwah also implied the paternity issue was behind his tears in a tweet.

“Let’s not start posting pictures of him crying, dammit. Let’s leave him alone for once and pretend it didn’t happen... It has been a tough week.”

bjaelke

Get French Football @GFN_France
PSG highest earners per month (net):
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: €807k
Thiago Silva: €628k
Edinson Cavani: €478k
#PSG

Get French Football @GFN_France
AS Monaco highest earners per month (net):
Radamel Falcao: €1.2m
James Rodriguez: €370k
Joao Moutinho: €340k
E.Abidal and R.Carvalho: €250k

sohois

I have no idea what Arsenal's defence is doing for that FK. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself 'Suarez is going straight for goal' and expected a 2 or 3 man wall. But instead they just have one guy halfheartedly standing there, not even jumping.

3Sixty

Arsenal are set to make a move for Southampton full-back Calum Chambers.

The 19-year-old has been impressive for the Saints this season – and had one of his best games of the season in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal last month.

His valuation will be around the £10million mark, but that will not dissuade the Gunners' manager Arsene Wenger.

The right-back role is likely to pose a problem for Wenger next season.

The indications are that he will lose Bacary Sagna on a free transfer in June. The France international’s contract is up at the end of the season and talks about a new deal have reached deadlock.

If Sagna leaves, Wenger needs reinforcements in that position, and Chambers has been identified as the No.1 target.

Chambers – an England Under-19 international and another graduate of the Southampton academy – would become the third member of that academy to move to Arsenal.

-----------

Loooooooooooool Get fucked Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom