• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Arsenal are set to make a move for Southampton full-back Calum Chambers.

The 19-year-old has been impressive for the Saints this season – and had one of his best games of the season in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal last month.

His valuation will be around the £10million mark, but that will not dissuade the Gunners' manager Arsene Wenger.

The right-back role is likely to pose a problem for Wenger next season.

The indications are that he will lose Bacary Sagna on a free transfer in June. The France international’s contract is up at the end of the season and talks about a new deal have reached deadlock.

If Sagna leaves, Wenger needs reinforcements in that position, and Chambers has been identified as the No.1 target.

Chambers – an England Under-19 international and another graduate of the Southampton academy – would become the third member of that academy to move to Arsenal.

-----------

Loooooooooooool Get fucked Wenger.

GET INNNNN

SIGN HIM UP

Mastadon

Banned
Stephen McCarthy ‏@SteMc74 19 mins
What I like about Sterling. 1.1 ball recoveries per game in the final third this season. >1 is exceptional. Oscar also 1.1, both top #lfc

Probably my favourite development in his game. His willingness to track back and put himself about is such a help for the team. I'm so pleased with how much he's progressed this season.

Stephen McCarthy ‏@SteMc74 19 mins
What I like about Sterling. 1.1 ball recoveries per game in the final third this season. >1 is exceptional. Oscar also 1.1, both top #lfc

Probably my favourite development in his game. His willingness to track back and put himself about is such a help for the team. I'm so pleased with how much he's progressed this season.

Read page 12 of his thread on RAWK

Embarrassing.

Funny when the mod gets in on the act, when you just know that if a normal member said the same after Lucas or someone had a bad month, they'd get banned by that very mod.

So glad I don't waste hours of my life on there any more, and waste them here instead :p

12397790744_b264b2a26c_o.gif

12398600013_69e7e008cd_o.gif

Dat weight
Dat spin on the first to have it slow down after it gets past Koscielny

sohois

Funny when the mod gets in on the act, when you just know that if a normal member said the same after Lucas or someone had a bad month, they'd get banned by that very mod.

So glad I don't waste hours of my life on there any more, and waste them here instead :p

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/12397790744_b264b2a26c_o.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5539/12398600013_69e7e008cd_o.gif[IMG]

Dat weight
Dat spin on the first to have it slow down after it gets past Koscielny[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I can remember majority of the Liverpool fans here going on and on about Stirling had to be loaned, probably to a championship club, to have any chance of developing. (And I said that was stupid and unnecessary)

Plasma

Banned
GET INNNNN

SIGN HIM UP

Not so sure about this, if we are losing Sagna in the summer we'll need to bring in somebody with experience to replace him. We can't just chuck a 19 year old in the deep end with the only cover for the position being Jenkinson.

1011007_693991797326405_1617036705_n.jpg

I thought Arsenal would at least make it to Bayern before imploding

I expect they'll beat Man Utd on Wednesday as long as they don;t let yesterday effect them mentally too much, but the rest of them.....

@sohois, I think there's a difference between us saying he should be loaned out (in a time where he spent like 7 weeks without a single minute of first team football) and a mod on a forum with a reputation for supposedly getting behind the players and banning dissenters calling him 'Shite, offers nothing' when those comments lead to a 2 week ban 99% of the time.

Getting Coutinho for £8.5 million has turned out to be day-light robbery.

Similar sentiment with Sturridge.

Was just reading an article that mentions that Studge had just 6 months left on his contract when we signed him, that can't be right surely? £12m for a player they were trying to sell, at the beginning of the window, who wasn't expected to become a permanent part of the first XI, with only 6 months left when we could have just got him on a pre-contract and got him for free in the summer.

Doesn't sound right.

I'm surprised that there where Milan fans expecting a win yesterday. No really, people thought that this team could beat Napoli at home, the same stadium where we struggled even when Napoli came back from the Serie B and we had the CL winning team.

I'm happy to see Taarabt score, but I didn't even expect a draw so I was ready to see Napoli come back and finish us. Some Milan fans should really just get in their head the fact that we can't compete (as of today) with the top 4 teams in Italy (Roma and Napoli are better than us, Fiorentina might even be on our level but their manager is really, really good, and Juve has already won the third consecutive scudetto): we have to win with the ten teams behind us (which we already did with the one we faced so far with Seedorf) and we'll have to fight our way up to the fifth place with the other five teams ahead of us (4 points out of 6 so far).

But really, expecting a Milan win in Naples is hilarious. Same goes with Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina (and we'll play them in Rome, Milan and Florence. Maybe we'll get one point out of nine. Maybe).

Arnie

Coutinho is my favourite player at Liverpool. His vision is on another level.
He's so frustrating, though. Performances like yesterday were commonplace last season and he was rightly praised. This season he's been so inconsistent, and for every gif you have of him threading the eye of the needle you'd have 20 of him trying to play a ball that just isn't on, or overhit one that's so on Aly Cissokho could've made it.

When he's on form though it's pure footballing euphoria.

He's so frustrating, though. Performances like yesterday were commonplace last season and he was rightly praised. This season he's been so inconsistent, and for every gif you have of him threading the eye of the needle you'd have 20 of him trying to play a ball that just isn't on, or overhit one that's so on Aly Cissokho could've made it.

When he's on form though it's pure footballing euphoria.

He needs to add some tools to his armoury when we play against teams that don't play so open, or with high lines. He was pissing me right off against West Brom when he kept playing passes that were always likely to be cut out by 1 or more West Brom players, when he had time to just keep on the ball or keep it moving. I wonder if we could have him play the Allen role when teams play deep against us, imo he has essentially the same skillset, with an added ability in his through balls and a little bit more pace

Could do with borrowing someone's shooting boots as well :p

Zabojnik

Hannovers goalkeeper Robert Enke committed suicide some years ago because of the pressure. And now we have a shitton of Hamburg fans attacking their own players. German Fans learned shit out of the Enke incident. It's a shame.

What's going on with Neuer and Bayern ultras, was it? Do they still hate him for some reason?

Dat weight
Dat spin on the first to have it slow down after it gets past Koscielny

Simply ... The Coutz.

Getting Coutinho for £8.5 million has turned out to be day-light robbery.

You're welcome.

But really, expecting a Milan win in Naples is hilarious. Same goes with Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina (and we'll play them in Rome, Milan and Florence. Maybe we'll get one point out of nine. Maybe).

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see us give away two or even three points in Milano, tbh.

I love how the player in the bottom row is holding on to his enlarged crotch.

The_Joker

Hannovers goalkeeper Robert Enke committed suicide some years ago because of the pressure. And now we have a shitton of Hamburg fans attacking their own players. German Fans learned shit out of the Enke incident. It's a shame.
sorry but that's bullshit...

enke commited suicide because of his depression after the loss of his daughter... everybody loved enke at hannover....there was never pressure on him...

rafati tried to kill himself because of the pressure but like he said it was the pressure that was put on him by his colleagues and not by any fans

that said: attacking the players and their cars is/was wrong....showing them that the fucked up and that "we" won't be silent anymore was the right thing to do...

Feorax

A draw is obviously the ideal result for us today between Spurs and Everton, but whilst an Everton win brings them very close, it reduces the trailing pack significantly. Spurs would only be one point better off than United (assuming a United win), which would be a comfortable distance behind IMO given that they still have to come to Anfield.

bjaelke

A draw is obviously the ideal result for us today between Spurs and Everton, but whilst an Everton win brings them very close, it reduces the trailing pack significantly. Spurs would only be one point better off than United (assuming a United win), which would be a comfortable distance behind IMO given that they still have to come to Anfield.

We still have to play Spurs at home (6 point match), so I'd prefer if they come out on top today - Assuming a draw is off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom