• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Had a tenner in my betting account that I forgot I had.

Stuck it on Fulham at 12:1.

I won't miss what I thought I didn't have.

tumblr_motsgiTY8n1rhw4sxo1_500.gif

sohois

No Lukaku, No Barkley, I don't see Everton being able to win with their lineup. Seems to be heading for a draw to me, they both have solid defences out.

sohois

Yes because those two are our only good players...

They are probably your strongest attacking players. With them out then you are hugely reliant on Mirallas to get anything. Players like Naismith and Osman can do a job against limited opposition but Spurs with nearly a full strength defence shouldn't be troubled.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So a 433 from Sherwood today, I'm curious to see how this works.

Gylfi not in the squad :(

Wilbur

Banned
Good save

So, Reus out for two weeks, Bender for one.

At what point am I allowed to laugh?

At least Reus could be back for Zenit...

This season's been terrible for you guys; third and quarters of the CL would be good considering your injuries I think.

Sherwood's trying too hard to shoehorn his work as a reserve team coach onto the squad.

Wasn't Capoue Spurs' best player in the first few months of the season?

I thought Capoue was pretty impressive, but Sherwood and Ferdinand have a distaste for defensive midfielders apparently (Les is quoted as saying Makelele was the worst thing to happen to the premier league recently I think?)

I thought Capoue was pretty impressive, but Sherwood and Ferdinand have a distaste for defensive midfielders apparently (Les is quoted as saying Makelele was the worst thing to happen to the premier league recently I think?)

Shocking news at a Ferdinand talking rubbish. Makelele was incredible for us, a defensive midfielder who didn't venture forwards because he was pretty much completely incapable of doing it, I still remember that penalty miss then scoring the rebound <3 Ferdinand saying that the two holding players should just cover for each other as the other one goes forwards, wonder if Spurs had played with defensive midfielders against City if they wouldn't have conceded so many.

This season's been terrible for you guys; third and quarters of the CL would be good considering your injuries I think.

Well, those two injuries aren't that "bad", if Reus is back for the Zenit match. Großkreutz/Hofmann should be able to replace Reus against Frankfurt (cup), Frankfurt (league) and HSV. Kehl will do for Bender, too. And we might be able to see Jojic play earlier than expected.

But still, it's just ridiculous. I still think we have a good chance to finish second, though. Leverkusen is only a few points in front, they will drop some points and we'll face them at the end of the season. Doable if we don't get a few more injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom