• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
brown.gif

That's how we Wes prefer to tackle.

We had to play Ottl-Pranjic as holding midfield. And I recall we couldn't even have a full bench for a big part of the season

Having a shit squad has nothing to do with injuries. The only one that was injured was Robben. Your CM/DM was Schweine, Tymo and those two shithouses if I'm not mistaken.

It's like saying "Oh no, we have to play with Kehl in midfield because Bender is playing CB".

As an aside, as greedy as Sturridge is (although it matter less now cos he is delivering) and as greedy as he has been in the past (genuinely brainless level of greed) - it's scary to think how many other players of that ability in this country are having it beat out of them.

Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 2m
Both these - Spurs and Everton - have scored twice as many goals in the second 45 this season than the first.

It'll get better, guys.

Wilbur

Banned
Not watching now - on the way to work early so I can catch the first half of our game - but I'm not surprised. Everton lacking cutting edge with one or two players out, Spurs impotent. It was gonna happen.

Sherwood is jokes. Love his little gilet.

He actually looks like a PE teacher.

Arnie

Christ this match is boring. At least my prediction of a draw looks fairly on target thus far

I don't think it's boring, I just don't think either team are particularly dangerous, especially after watching us yesterday.

Ooof, the Anfield Wrap is out in 10 minutes, 24 hours earlier than usual. Will watch the blueshite on mute with a Dr Pepper and a few grown men jizzing over John Flanagan.

This is a pretty awful game of football, eh? Both of us are playing pretty badly, throwing away possession and missing chances even when we get in front of goal. Spurs are worse offenders than Everton, but given we're both contesting for the Champions League, in theory, it's not looking great to be honest.

I really hope we get a bit better control in the second half. Stop giving away possession, get the basics right. Even Eriksson is struggling - maybe take him off and throw on Andros just to up the tempo and let him and Lennon keep the ball at their feet and just run with it. Force as many corners and set pieces as possible, and see if we can get something from that, because I Don't think today is our day to slowly move the ball up the pitch.

Fergie

Banned
Does it?

I mean of course we want to finish as high up the table as possible but I'd genuinely rather have no Europa League.
It's better to have no obstacles between us and Liverpool, in case anything happens. Keeping up should be a good thing.

It's football after all.

But as I say that it's more likely United will fuck up in the run-in.
RzWx6fV.png

Think I feel the same. Curious to know how Liverpool will cope with Europe next year.

Probably not too well. Seems like most teams struggle early doors - they'll have to buy well at least.

4th is far from over, especially since you still have to play us at home

Think you're yet to go to WHL and Goodison too.

It's over. We need to make up 8 points. I think the gap will get bigger. Liverpool are much better than us.

Basically, if Inter wins today, we'll need 8 points to get back to the fifth place instead of 7. With 15 games to go.

1 point difference.

Yet according to a lot of people it seems like Milan died yesterday.

K1LLER7

4th is far from over, especially since you still have to play us at home

Think you're yet to go to WHL and Goodison too.
Play City, Liverpool at home.

Arsenal, Everton away.

Chelsea and spurs fixtures done if I remember correctly.

Really need to go on a run of wins if we have any chance for top 4.

Wilbur

Banned
Probably not too well. Seems like most teams struggle early doors - they'll have to buy well at least.

It's over. We need to make up 8 points. I think the gap will get bigger. Liverpool are much better than us.

They definitely need a few reinforcements, but Borini, Assaidi and Ilori/Coates are all on loan and decent squad members. One or two top signings and they could manage well.

Forgot Suso as well. Arnuld 4gif mi

They definitely need a fee reinforcements, but Borini, Assaidi and Ilori/Coates are all on loan and decent squad members. One or two top signings and they could manage well.

Never seen Illori play but I don't think the other 3 you mentioned there are able to make any real contribution. Borini possibly. Suso will come back and Ibe is improving all the time - I think they'd be the ones who could help out from the players they currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom