• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Well, those two injuries aren't that "bad", if Reus is back for the Zenit match. Großkreutz/Hofmann should be able to replace Reus against Frankfurt (cup), Frankfurt (league) and HSV. Kehl will do for Bender, too. And we might be able to see Jojic play earlier than expected.

But still, it's just ridiculous.

While Bender's injury is nothing rare, it is pretty clear the players are exhausted and that's why they are getting so many injuries. The same thing happened to Bayern in 10/11 after reaching CL final with a thin squad

While Bender's injury is nothing rare, it is pretty clear the players are exhausted and that's why they are getting so many injuries. The same thing happened to Bayern in 10/11 after reaching CL final with a thin squad

Exhausted after a 4 week break and 2 matches in 8 days?

Nope, not buying it.

Edit: Oh wait, it's been 3 matches already but still.

dc89

further evidence of my magical galactic wisdom:

u8MJk3H.png

supposed to be a 20€ bet but Betclic didn't register the 0 :(

Oh man that sucks. SUCKS.

My success recently was over 2.5 goals in Dutch second division. £5 on returned £52

Elchele

Exhausted after a 4 week break and 2 matches in 8 days?

Nope, not buying it.

Edit: Oh wait, it's been 3 matches already but still.

That doesn't really matter, they are carrying all they played last season and the first half of this one. And they weren't exactly on a break in the winter, they trained the most part of it didn't they?

Look at the Bayern squad in 10/11, half of it was injured after over playing the season before with a thin squad.

Fatigue catches up

our team today vs Sporting will most likely be:

GK - Oblak
D - Maxi, Luisão, Garay, Siqueira
M - Markovic, Fejsa, Enzo Perez, Gaitan
F - Lima, Rodrigo

Cardozo on the bench. should be enough to deal with the cunts.

Wilbur

Banned

GK - Oblak
F - Lima, Rodrigo

One of my managers is from Portugal and he's a sporting fan. We were laughing at Jesus yesterday

GK - Oblak
F - Lima, Rodrigo

Have you bought a pack of diapers yet, old man? Don't want you to shit your pants when we give your toughest challenge yet at home. Pressure is all on your side. No one expected us to be a title contender this season so we are beating the odds right now.

sohois

This Spurs attack is so tepid; every attack just seems like a couple of passes in front of the Everton defence, maybe shunt it down the wing, eventually give the ball away or kick it out. There's no real movement or invention from the players

Lloris nearly fucked up again.

"Huge Chesney Lolris"

If every time he "nearly" fucked up, it had cost them a goal, Spurs would probably have be close to the relegation zone. Talk of him wanting CL football and might leave at the end of the season if they don't get it. No big team should be prepared to take the risk on him. PSG probably will, bring him home and all that

That doesn't really matter, they are carrying all they played last season and the first half of this one. And they weren't exactly on a break in the winter, they trained the most part of it didn't they?

Look at the Bayern squad in 10/11, half of it was injured after over playing the season before with a thin squad.

Fatigue catches up

Half of the Bayern squad was injured in 10/11?

wut

You were just shit, bro.

It was only Robben who was smart enough to play a WC with an injury.

Wilbur

Banned
Bentaleb isn't cut out for this.

Him and Sherwood, both.

Bentaleb offers nothing. Not particularly good defensively or going forward. Just passes it sideways. How they can dislike Makelele and then be continually starting this non-entity of a foetus is beyond me.

What about Zabaleta? Haven't really seen much him this season so I don't know how he has done

Less solid than he was last year; I think City's commitment to attacking has fucked over their defence a bit, quite a lot of attacks go down City's right.

Coleman, Ivanovic and Clyne have been the three best.

Did he hit it with his back of his head or what the fuck was he doing?

Completely misjudged the ball, jumped too early, ended up parallel with the trajectory of the ball rather than meeting it on a right angle (if you know what I mean) and just let it twat him in the temple.

Completely free header as well

Arnie

It's the speed of it, and how Wes knows he's just getting sent off. He accelerates into a suicidal motion. Nowhere near the ball. Horrendous collision. It's like fucking Burnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom