• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Probably not too well. Seems like most teams struggle early doors - they'll have to buy well at least.

We'll be fine.

We've not blown the hatch off transfer-wise since that summer of Dalglish spending, and with Champions League football to offer and Brendan needing to evolve the team once again I feel like FSG will go HAM.

Kroos missile and a can of Koke.

sohois

Assaidi is not coming back. Wisdom will probably be the best loan returner, along with Suso, rather than Borini or Assaidi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Basically, if Inter wins today, we'll need 8 points to get back to the fifth place instead of 7. With 15 games to go.

1 point difference.

Yet according to a lot of people it seems like Milan died yesterday.
You'll be fiiiine

You're playing much better than Inter too

Nope. Second half starting just as bad as the first. It's a battle of who will make the least basic errors, not who is the most incisive. Doesn't bode well!

K1LLER7

Liverpool fixtures:-

12 Feb - Premier League
20:00
Fulham
Liverpool (win)

16 Feb - FA Cup Fifth Round
16:00
Arsenal
Liverpool

23 Feb - Premier League
13:30
Liverpool (win)
Swansea City

1 Mar - Premier League
17:30
Southampton
Liverpool
(Draw)

10 Mar - Premier League
20:00
Liverpool (win)
Sunderland

16 Mar - Premier League
13:30
Man United
Liverpool
(Draw)

22 Mar - Premier League
15:00
Cardiff City
Liverpool (win)

30 Mar - Premier League
16:00
Liverpool (win)
Tottenham

5 Apr - Premier League
15:00
West Ham
Liverpool (win)

Liverpool fixtures:-

We'll most likely be 10 points behind by Thursday.

At that point it's over. Momentum is what matters. We don't have any. Liverpool are playing great and have plenty of confidence.

Not winning against Stoke was a really bad result. Would have put us relatively close to the pack chasing 4th and could have galvanised the players. It feels like we are a long way away right now.

L1NETT

Cripes Paulinho didn't even bother stopping Pienaar there.

---

If the PL was that predictable Killer none of us would watch.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kyle Walkers crossing is almost as bad as Smallings

BgCijMwCEAAx1RF.jpg

Adnan pls stop

Wisdom's getting a lot of games at Derby. Think he'll be the one to keep. Coates is dead.

I think Coates will go on to be a solid defender ala Paletta. No chance it's happening here though :(

We treated him like shit, dropping him after every good performance, not even starting him in games where we put a completely weakened team out

Does it?

I mean of course we want to finish as high up the table as possible but I'd genuinely rather have no Europa League.

No Europa League is tricky. It would mean no points next year and lower United's coefficient. United could be put in a group of death the next time United play in the CL.

No Europa League is tricky. It would mean no points next year and lower United's coefficient. United could be put in a group of death the next time United play in the CL.
I know but at this point I'm not sure we can afford to worry about that.

The priority has to be rebuilding the team and trying to compete for the title. I'm not sure playing every Thursday is going to help us there.

Generally I just want us to finish as high as possible, and if that means we play Europa then fine. But it seems to have hindered the other teams who do it. Admittedly our situation is a little different as we already have a pretty big squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom