• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentleman, the stadium for the Champions League Final.

QUOTE]
I don't know how are things in Açores, but here you have trees falling and roofs flying.

Things are calm here but this isn´t the first time it happens in the Luz. Last year a game from the B team was also postponed for the same reason. I find this "funny" because Benfica fans are always mocking us by saying our stadium is a bathroom and then shit like this happens to them.

Clegg

81 crosses.

Some players are underperforming, but that doesn't excuse our one dimensional style of football. It's clearly a tactic too.

Moyes doesn't know what he's doing.

81 crosses.

Some players are underperforming, but that doesn't excuse our one dimensional style of football. It's clearly a tactic too.

Moyes doesn't know what he's doing.

I love Ferguson with all my heart but his reliance on wing play was a bit annoying at times.

I just can't believe we've hired another manager that is even more insistent on a strategy that was outmoded a decade ago.

operon

A great weekend of football in the premiership this weekend and some idiot wastes our time with a bloody bayern post ffs

Things are calm here but this isn´t the first time it happens in the Luz. Last year a game from the B team was also postponed for the same reason. I find this "funny" because Benfica fans are always mocking us by saying our stadium is a bathroom and then shit like this happens to them.

And this piece of shit was built to host Euro 2004. Less than 10 years and it's already falling apart. No wonder Benfica are selling all their players, they need the money for a new stadium.

Clegg

I love Ferguson with all my heart but his reliance on wing play was a bit annoying at times.

I just can't believe we've hired another manager that is even more insistent on a strategy that was outmoded a decade ago.
It won us titles so Fergie was well entitled to stick with what he knew. Except he knew how the get the best out of his players. He also knew when things needed changing up. We also weren't as one dimensional.

His tactics were outdated by modern standards but he was such a great motivator that we could win trophies even with a style that probably shouldn't have won us so much.

I wonder if Man Utd fans still think Moyes is the right man for the job, and Mou wouldn't cut it. I mean I don't wanna be calling out shit, but, Moyes is 4 points behind the man who replaced him at Everton. You're fighting for 5th place, you've spent about 85mE, and none of it comes to rotten luck.

Players want to leave, no CL next season means less interest in big players joining you, and you're still stuck on a 6 year contract with a guy who according to theguardian, turns everything he touches into wood.

What a clusterfuck.

Feorax

UTD vs Arsenal ...big big game now. For both teams. Agree?

Probably bigger for Arsenal, given that they'll be heavy favourites, just got thumped badly, and have more to lose than United at this point.

We know where United are at, Arsenal have something to prove before they get deep into the fixture list from hell.

Blablurn

lol. looking back its still very funny that manchester only relied on crosses. we live in 2013. worldwide's football is shaped and developed by master pep. passes and quick dribblings are a well know method to break through defensive systems. and yet. and yet manchester relied on fucking crosses throughout the whole game. lol. will they do that for the rest of the season?

pulga

Banned
lol. looking back its still very funny that manchester only relied on crosses. we live in 2013. worldwide's football is shaped and developed by master pep. passes and quick dribblings are a well know method to break through defensive systems. and yet. and yet manchester relied on fucking crosses throughout the whole game. lol. will they do that for the rest of the season?

pep discovered passes and quick dribblings now!?

voyeurj7j6n.gif

shit he's like the nintendo of the football world

and he

is

going

down

Can't believe Inturd splashed the cash on Hernanes, but we are still stuck with free transfers and loan signings. And Constant and Matri.

Seriously, fuck B&G.

In the space of one week we've had Billy Bollocks Babbler claiming that Pellegrini played De Michelis because Mou convinced him that Chelsea weren't contenders, and now Blablurn implying that Pep enlightened the world on the effectiveness of passing and quick dribbling

#smh

dani_dc

Was on the stadium to watch the game.
I'm surprised it took them that long to evacuate the stadium, it was obvious there was no condition for the game to happen a good 15-20 minutes after the time the game was supposed to start. Took them 45 minutes to tell people to leave the stadium, those things fell 5 minutes after with people still inside the stadium. Was really lucky that nothing worst happened.

Kyoufu

Probably bigger for Arsenal, given that they'll be heavy favourites, just got thumped badly, and have more to lose than United at this point.

We know where United are at, Arsenal have something to prove before they get deep into the fixture list from hell.

Arsenal are always afraid of Man Utd and I don't know why. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom