• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

matatattaagvj6a.gif

Salazar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ll-captain-Casey-Stoney-comes-out-as-gay.html

England women's football captain Casey Stoney says she has decided to speak publicly about being gay after the positive reaction to diver Tom Daley saying he was in a relationship with a man.

Former Aston Villa midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger retired before revealing he was gay last month, while former Leeds and current LA Galaxy forward Robbie Rogers has also come out.

But Stoney, who has 116 caps for England, is now the most high-profile active gay footballer in England.

"I was living a lie," she told the BBC. "I've never hidden it within football circles because it is accepted. But to the outside world, I've never spoken about my sexuality."

The Arsenal Ladies defender added: "I feel it's really important for me to speak out as a gay player because there are so many people struggling who are gay, and you hear about people taking their own lives because they are homosexual. That should never happen.

Good stuff.

Yen

He left just before the 08/09 season though didn't he?
Start of 07/08.
When he was at Liverpool, he wasn't exactly a high profile figure (though he was highly regarded) so it's kind of difficult to know if his departure had a massive effect.

Mastadon

Banned
Eh?

@marktheroberts: Ray Wilkins (Fulham Assistant Manager) has just stated he is "Unsure if the #LFC Game will be on, on Wednesday" likely to be Cancelled..

Feorax

Eh?

@marktheroberts: Ray Wilkins (Fulham Assistant Manager) has just stated he is "Unsure if the #LFC Game will be on, on Wednesday" likely to be Cancelled..

Oh ffs. Tube strikes again?

Can't be doing with delayed games. Don't like the idea of having 3 points as a game in hand, rather have them on the board ASAP.

Clegg

Moyes says the plan was never just to cross the ball and points to the number of passes we made yesterday.

Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom