• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back around 2005(or 04) a wales fan said he would cut his ball/dick off if they won the Grand Slam. he proceeded to cut them off. Hardcore.Mentally ill.

conv.png

(Excludes penalties)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Let's say that somehow, Moychester beat Arsenal on Wednesday. Could Arsenal get sucked into the Liverpool/Spurs race for 4th? Those February fixtures look horrendous.

Aguero and Negredo injuries couldn;t happen at a worse time, especially as they can't afford to give Negredo the rest he needs for it to heal properly. This Barca defense is shite, Pique playing like a drunk, club-footed 50 year old who's lost his glasses.

Let's say that somehow, Moychester beat Arsenal on Wednesday. Could Arsenal get sucked into the Liverpool/Spurs race for 4th? Those Febraury fixtures look horrendous.

I definitely could see a collapse. I am still confident we will finish top 4, but we will either win the league or come 4th.

Hixx

"My wish is that maybe after the World Cup we get Jozy Altidore, our No. 9, into a Champions League team or Tim Howard becomes goalkeeper of a big team. We have good players, but we don't have the belief yet that we belong in there."

- Klinsmann

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

HA

Ushojax

In Ade's 9 PL games under Sherwood he's got 6 goals and 2 assists. If he keeps that going we have a chance of 4th, Liverpool are doing so well because they have players you know are going to put their chances away. I never thought I'd ever describe Ade as clinical but that's what he's been so far.

Also for all those rambling about the Europa League being a burden, remember that from next season it becomes a route to CL qualification, the winners qualify. I would rather have two ways to qualify than one, even if it means Thursdays to Sunday.

Feorax

It's a shame Strootman moved to Roma last summer. If he were available for the same price this summer then I can't think of another midfielder (within reason) who would be more perfect to address our issues in the centre of the park.

In Ade's 9 PL games under Sherwood he's got 6 goals and 2 assists. If he keeps that going we have a chance of 4th, Liverpool are doing so well because they have players you know are going to put their chances away. I never thought I'd ever describe Ade as clinical but that's what he's been so far.

Also for all those rambling about the Europa League being a burden, remember that from next season it becomes a route to CL qualification, the winners qualify. I would rather have two ways to qualify than one, even if it means Thursdays to Sunday.

Ade is doing a wonderful job, but if you want to take 4th spot from us, then the 3 players behind him need to do a much better job. For all the talent you have there, there were some really poor balls being fed to him yesterday. Even the shot he scored, he was left with so much to do he could quite easily have been forgiven for not converting.

Siggy was quite creative earlier in the season, is he out injured at the moment? Seems like it's been a while since I last saw him play.

Kyoufu

A lot of credit to Brendan Rodgers.

A few years ago, their squad could barely compete with Newcastle. Now they're putting 5 past Arsenal.

Coutinho and Sturridge have been great buys.

I am saying nice things about Liverpool. They're just that sexy to watch.

It's a shame Strootman moved to Roma last summer. If he were available for the same price this summer then I can't think of another midfielder (within reason) who would be more perfect to address our issues in the centre of the park.

He is worth double what Roma paid for him. He was the steal of the summer.

What Adnan is learning from Moyes:

1. Crossing the ball is the best way to break a defense down
2. Do not move around to provide a passing option
3. Because of lesson #2, just try and score on your own
4. Do not try to create behind the striker
5. The best way to develop as a player in training is to not work with the ball. You must outrun the opposition so running all day is the best way to get better.

i3A3DZXIgKdVh.gif

Don't let this clown ruin Januzaj's potential. Run to Juve. You can frolic with Pogba and Berardi.

Mastadon

Banned

Would you back him to keep it up though? I'm a fan of Adebayor, but I can't really think of a time other than 07/08 for Arsenal when he's managed to maintain a good run of goalscoring form.

Tim seems to be getting the best out of him though, so who knows?

sohois

Ade is doing a wonderful job, but if you want to take 4th spot from us, then the 3 players behind him need to do a much better job. For all the talent you have there, there were some really poor balls being fed to him yesterday. Even the shot he scored, he was left with so much to do he could quite easily have been forgiven for not converting.

Siggy was quite creative earlier in the season, is he out injured at the moment? Seems like it's been a while since I last saw him play.

I see no reason that Strootman couldn't be got this summer. He would cost double what Roma paid for him but I'm sure a move would be possible. Plenty of players move on after just a year and Roma don't really have the kind of finances to resist big offers.

Ushojax

Totally agree about the supporting midfielders but we are really just winging it at the moment. Once we get Townsend and Sandro ready to start games Eriksen will play through the middle, we still haven't seen a single match with our best XI this season which is quite amazing. If we could play this from now to the end of the season:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Adebayor

We could get 4th. But too many of those players are struggling to be fit.

Gylfi was injured for the last 4-5 weeks, came on at Swansea (helped set up our third goal) but started and played poorly against City. He may have got injured again, he wasn't in the matchday squad and I couldn't see him behind the bench (whereas Chadli was there). Maybe he was just not selected.

Would you back him to keep it up though? I'm a fan of Adebayor, but I can't really think of a time other than 07/08 for Arsenal when he's managed to maintain a good run of goalscoring form.

Tim seems to be getting the best out of him though, so who knows?

Well in 11/12 Ade was superb for us, 17 goals and 12 assists in the league. He was very consistent that season. Last season he was dogshit but under AVB all our strikers have been awful. I think he can keep it going, the big difference now is that he only needs one clear chance to score. Last season he couldn't hit a barn door.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2. Do not move around to provide a passing option

Berardi.

our team's (coordinated) movement is mighty impressive under Conte! I mean, compared to our mechanical Juves of the past. :lol

You can clearly see a few pre-baked training moves.

I left Berardi's name because I can't bring myself to delete it <3

I see no reason that Strootman couldn't be got this summer. He would cost double what Roma paid for him but I'm sure a move would be possible. Plenty of players move on after just a year and Roma don't really have the kind of finances to resist big offers.

Pretty much.

Blablurn

A lot of credit to Brendan Rodgers.

A few years ago, their squad could barely compete with Newcastle. Now they're putting 5 past Arsenal.

Coutinho and Sturridge have been great buys.

I am saying nice things about Liverpool. They're just that sexy to watch.

Fry just came a little.

Roma are gonna be in the champions league and they will have extra money coming from Nike plus a new shirt sponsorship. They don't have to sell and I doubt they would considering they have a good platform to build on with him in midfield. He is only 23 and they have no reason to sell him.

Feorax

Roma are gonna be in the champions league and they will have extra money coming from Nike plus a new shirt sponsorship. They don't have to sell and I doubt they would considering they have a good platform to build on with him in midfield. He is only 23 and they have no reason to sell him.

I agree. He would probably cost a fair bit, and there will be a number of other midfielders available we could go for.

Not to take away from Strootman's ability at all, but if we were intent on spunking £25 to £30 million on a big signing to show intent following (hopefully) CL qualification, there would probably be better options out there.

sohois

Fans of a team always say that though, but then a big money offer comes in and suddenly the player is off. Look at Bale, the Tottenham fans here were all convinced he was going to stay another season.

Yurt has already agreed above and I wonder what the rest of Serie A Gaf would say pertaining to this?

dc89

I'm woeful with my left foot on the whole. I can pass and control the ball with it. But I'd say 1/10 shots actually go in when I shoot at 5 a side with my left.

"My wish is that maybe after the World Cup we get Jozy Altidore, our No. 9, into a Champions League team or Tim Howard becomes goalkeeper of a big team. We have good players, but we don't have the belief yet that we belong in there."

- Klinsmann

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

HA

He got everything, lets look at some of his highlights from this season. Good fans and

Strength

i79BFucPvpERF.gif

Good attitude, always tries to keep in balance despite brutal body checks

ibieHn4OXa7E6v.gif

and hacked down, which his dedicated American fan base no doubt still think is a penalty.

tnFKHJR.gif

Good technique

ibczrZT2dbHpHR.gif

Fighting spirit

iUnQgHzGoegnx.gif

The mentality to overcome dark times

iD3kivHKBKAly.gif

and good stats

VaSye8s.png

Mastadon

Banned
Well in 11/12 Ade was superb for us, 17 goals and 12 assists in the league. He was very consistent that season. Last season he was dogshit but under AVB all our strikers have been awful. I think he can keep it going, the big difference now is that he only needs one clear chance to score. Last season he couldn't hit a barn door.

Ah yeah I forgot about that, although I suppose the caveat would be that you could argue he was on loan at the time and playing for a contract. Be interesting to see how you cope with Europa commitments, plus a very tough fixture list in March. Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal and Liverpool in a row is going to be a real test for Sherwood.

We have Sunderland, Man Utd and Cardiff, so hopefully a bit of gap develops before you come to Anfield.

I'm woeful with my left foot on the whole. I can pass and control the ball with it. But I'd say 1/10 shots actually go in when I shoot at 5 a side with my left.

My left is okay when the ball is moving, but when I try kicking a stationary ball with it, it feels unnatural and I look like a giraffe on rollerskates

He got everything, lets look at some of his highlights from this season. Good fans and

Strength

i79BFucPvpERF.gif

Good attitude, always tries to keep in balance despite brutal body checks

ibieHn4OXa7E6v.gif

and hacked down, which his dedicated American fan base no doubt still think is a penalty.

tnFKHJR.gif

Good technique

ibczrZT2dbHpHR.gif

Fighting spirit

iUnQgHzGoegnx.gif

The mentality to overcome dark times

iD3kivHKBKAly.gif

and good stats

VaSye8s.png

"I don't know why everyone gives Jozy shit"

Hixx 2013/14

Mastadon

Banned
Fans of a team always say that though, but then a big money offer comes in and suddenly the player is off. Look at Bale, the Tottenham fans here were all convinced he was going to stay another season.

Yurt has already agreed above and I wonder what the rest of Serie A Gaf would say pertaining to this?

Absolutely. Roma sold Lamela, Marquinhos, Bradley and Osvaldo last season. I don't think they'd have any compunction in selling if a good offer came in.

WJD

My left is okay when the ball is moving, but when I try kicking a stationary ball with it, it feels unnatural and I look like a giraffe on rollerskates

Pretty much this. Weirdly, side-foots and volleys on my left are fine, but when I try to put my laces through it I'll more than likely end up Vidal-ing the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom