• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans of a team always say that though, but then a big money offer comes in and suddenly the player is off. Look at Bale, the Tottenham fans here were all convinced he was going to stay another season.

Yurt has already agreed above and I wonder what the rest of Serie A Gaf would say pertaining to this?

I am not a fan of Roma
but TOTTI TOTTI TOTTI
, but I just can't see them selling him. The whole dream of the owners is to make them the best team in the world. Roma will finish second this year and with the extra income coming next season, I am sure the owners will try and strengthen the squad. I can see De Rossi being sold, but I am sure Benatia, Strootman, Florenzi, Gervinho and Totti are untouchables.

Roma are finally at the level they want to be, now they will build on the great foundation they have with Garcia and their core.

dat eredivisie

Did you see his assist against Newcastle?

SUN2-1NEW.gif

Mata got nothing on vision such as Jozys.

Absolutely. Roma sold Lamela, Marquinhos, Bradley and Osvaldo last season. I don't think they'd have any compunction in selling if a good offer came in.

Marquinhos was a no brainer. Pay 3 million for him and sell him for ten times that the next summer for a relatively unproven 19 year old. Osvaldo was a cancer and sold. Lamela was a strange one. Bradley was sold but then upgraded.

Hixx

He got everything, lets look at some of his highlights from this season. Good fans and

Strength

[IM.G]http://i.minus.com/i79BFucPvpERF.gif[/IMG]

Good attitude, always tries to keep in balance despite brutal body checks

[IM.G]http://i.minus.com/ibieHn4OXa7E6v.gif[/IMG]

and hacked down, which his dedicated American fan base no doubt still think is a penalty.

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/tnFKHJR.gif[/IMG]

Good technique

[IM.G]http://i.minus.com/ibczrZT2dbHpHR.gif[/IMG]

Fighting spirit

[IM.G]http://i.minus.com/iUnQgHzGoegnx.gif[/IMG]

The mentality to overcome dark times

[IM.G]http://i.minus.com/iD3kivHKBKAly.gif[/IMG]

and good stats

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/VaSye8s.png[/IMG]

First one is a foul

Second one was a foul and good centre forward play
Zioey3m.png

ignoring US one couldnt give a fuck

Third one won us a penalty

Fourth one is FUCKING HILARIOUS

Fifth one is pretty much his only "Heskey pls" moment of the season.

Jozy does good with what service he gets. Of course he could do better. He's not a great player at all. But that's why he plays for Sunderland.

Also his part in both derbies was worth the money we spent.

However. After my Moyes AAA+ gif last night that imo was thoroughly underappreciated, I bring you Jozy Pls

jozyplsdoitu7kgh.gif

bud

whereas your work is more impressionistic

what if you two combined forces

can you imagine how magnificent the outcome would be

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am not a fan of Roma
but TOTTI TOTTI TOTTI
, but I just can't see them selling him. The whole dream of the owners is to make them the best team in the world. Roma will finish second this year and with the extra income coming next season, I am sure the owners will try and strengthen the squad. I can see De Rossi being sold, but I am sure Benatia, Strootman, Florenzi, Gervinho and Totti are untouchables.

Roma are finally at the level they want to be, now they will build on the great foundation they have with Garcia and their core.

No one is untouchable in Roma, they're a selling club.

DDR is still there because he changed his mind.

No one is untouchable in Roma, they're a selling club.

DDR is still there because he changed his mind.

In previous years yes, but you genuinely feel that if they are in the champions league they will sell their star players??? They will have huge amounts coming in next season thanks to commercial revenue and the extra CL money.

I would love Juve to buy Pjanic. :)

Timurid

In previous years yes, but you genuinely feel that if they are in the champions league they will sell their star players??? They will have huge amounts coming in next season thanks to commercial revenue and the extra CL money.
You can say the same thing about Dortmund last year and look at them now.

Zabojnik

I would love Juve to buy Pjanic. :)

They'll probably do what they did last summer, but to a much lesser extent. I think they'll only "sacrifice" Pjaniću and keep Strootman, Benatia, Florenzi, etc.

Pjanić is PSG bound, everybody knows that.

You can say the same thing about Dortmund last year and look at them now.

Ambitious American owners who want to be the best in the world.

They'll probably do what they did last summer, but to a much lesser extent. I think they'll only "sacrifice" Pjaniću and keep Strootman, Benatia, Florenzi, etc.

Pjanić is PSG bound, everybody knows that.

I could see that, especially as they have Liajic in the squad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

are they big enough to keep them from the likes of Manchester United?

Can they resist 20+ mill offers?

Remember, they sold Marquinhos after one season in the capital.

Ambitious American owners who want to be the best in the world.

That's the dream innit

I'm sure they're more interested in turning them into a cash cow. :)

Greg Dawson ‏@Gregstweet 3m
Just had a look at @Arsenal 's ticket exchange for Wednesday night.

You think that's bad?

Let's look at Tottenham Hotspur's ticket exchange service legal touting system via Stubhub

NLD sorted by lowest to highest (to put this into perspective my ticket was around 50 quid)

stubhubnlsnd.png

Some people are even trying to fund their season tickets through this

stubhub2nrstj.png

GHG

You think that's bad?

Let's look at Tottenham Hotspur's ticket exchange service legal touting system through Stubhub

NLD sorted by lowest to highest (to put this into perspective my ticket was around 50 quid)

/stubhubnlsnd.png[/IMG]

Some people are even trying to fund their season tickets through this

stubhub2nrstj.png[/IMG]

Yep, ticket exchange prices are always rediculous. Nothing to see here.

Our normal ticket prices are high however so I'll give you all that one.

Danchi

I think Roma came out like this week and said they wouldn't listen to offers under €40m for Strootman. That's pretty low for a "scare them off" price and, if they were to sell, they'd be looking at between €30-35m minimum.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
for ten times what they payed for him.

impressive on paper, but in the end, it was only €31 million.

I think Roma came out like this week and said they wouldn't listen to offers under €40m for Strootman. I think that's pretty low for a "scare them off" price and, if they were to sell, they'd be looking at between €30-35m.
which implies that they're willing to listen to offers innit ;)

they could have said "Strootman is not for sale"

Yep, ticket exchange prices are always rediculous. Nothing to see here.

Our normal ticket prices are high however so I'll give you all that one.

Yeah but there's ticket exchange and then there's letting fans charge other fans what they want in a system where everyone profits except the person who actually wants to go and support their club.

Zabojnik

impressive on paper, but in the end, it was only €31 million.

which implies that they're willing to listen to offers innit ;)

they could have said "Strootman is not for sale"

Let it go, Yurt. The future is Roma's. I, for one, welcome our new calcio overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom