• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

a5Vc4NC.png

Rafinha <3

im sure he likes to be relevant

Welp, we sold the Boleyn to some property developers :|

No turning back now, so we'd better hope the Olympic Stadium's a success for us, especially as we'll no longer own the ground in which we play. Looks like the Boleyn will be turned into flats, but they'll keep the West Ham memorial garden. The Daves claim they took less money to see it done this way, rather than be sold off for retail or the touted "mega mosque".

On the one hand, it's a real sad day as I have so many good memories attached to the ground, but on the other hand, I'm looking forward to being able to attend West Ham games regularly without breaking the bank, as the prices at the Boleyn have sky-rocketed over the past decade or so (I think we're something like the 5th most expensive ticket in the Premiership).

Randdalf

Welp, we sold the Boleyn to some property developers :|

No turning back now, so we'd better hope the Olympic Stadium's a success for us, especially as we'll no longer own the ground in which we play. Looks like the Boleyn will be turned into flats, but they'll keep the West Ham memorial garden. The Daves claim they took less money to see it done this way, rather than be sold off for retail or the touted "mega mosque".

On the one hand, it's a real sad day as I have so many good memories attached to the ground, but on the other hand, I'm looking forward to being able to attend West Ham games regularly without breaking the bank, as the prices at the Boleyn have sky-rocketed over the past decade or so (I think we're something like the 5th most expensive ticket in the Premiership).

Hopefully it will have much improved transport to the stadium by being situated in Olympic Park. I remember the train journey to West Ham as one of the worst: literally packed like sardines with a bunch of dodgy looking blokes, trying not to give ourselves away as away supporters.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Lyrical genius? Probably not.

Musical genius? Yeah, definitley. His impact on hip hop in the last ten years is obscene.
Having an impact on a genre that has been creatively dead for ten years, and still is, is not grounds for being called genius.

Walshy

I'll take your word for it.

No sports bra, let's keep it bouncin
Everybody wanna live at the top of the mountain
Took her to the bleau she tried to sip the fountain
That when David Grutman kicked her out
But I got her back in and put my dick in her mouth

GENIUS
Yeah his lyrical quality has gone down since The College Dropout. If you are listening to Kanye for his lyrics, you are listening to the wrong guy. All about them production values.

Yeah, hip hop is pretty terrible.
Difference of opinion, I think the genre is great.

Having an impact on a genre that has been creatively dead for ten years, and still is, is not grounds for being called genius.
Creatively dead for ten years? It's like you've never listened to anything outside "real hip hop". Hip hop ia at its most creative for a long time, the likes of Kanye, Danny Brown, Kendrick Lamar are experimenting with mains success. Then you have lesser known artists such as Shabazz Palaces putting out creative stuff too.

GHG

Andy Gray just tore Evra apart on Bein Sports weekend review show.

Has Evra always been that bad at defending? Jesus... so badly at fault for both Fulham's goals.

Hopefully it will have much improved transport to the stadium by being situated in Olympic Park. I remember the train journey to West Ham as one of the worst: literally packed like sardines with a bunch of dodgy looking blokes, trying not to give ourselves away as away supporters.

Haha, yeah, Upton Park tube is an absolute bloody nightmare. I usually just walk down to Plaistow, rather than brave the queues. Before the Olympic Stadium was available we had wanted to expand the east stand, but Newham council were trying to make us pay to improve the transport links as well, so that was the end of that.

Being within walking distance of Stratford will definitely make it easier getting to and from games, though.

bud

yeah, once you have your references in order, it should write itself.

it's really not that hard.

it's not about the words bud, it's about the quality. trust me

uh, yeah, i've written one. i know.

for me, though, there was a minimum (and maximum) amount of words that i needed to have.

GHG

Is it Moyes' fault? He seems more concerned with marking his wide man when the ball is on the other side of the pitch instead of getting in line with the rest of the defense and closing gaps.

Fulhams 1st goal is easily avoided if he just steps across a bit instead of staying so wide which meant there was a gap for Sidwell to run into.

God how I wish Walcott was fit to play on Wednesday, he would tear Evra a new one.

yeah, once you have your references in order, it should write itself.

it's really not that hard.

uh, yeah, i've written one. i know.

for me, though, there was a minimum (and maximum) amount of words that i needed to have.

I'd genuinely read a thesis by confuziz on why managers don't matter (primary reference: some no-name Dutch ex-footballer) and a counter-thesis by someone on why they do matter.

Strange, it's usually about the number of pages, not amount of words.

That sounds weirder to me. It's max number of words or characters here too, which makes more sense. Otherwise I'm going to hand in font size 72 comic sans for my reports and have those pages fill out easily. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom