• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Moyes' fault? He seems more concerned with marking his wide man when the ball is on the other side of the pitch instead of getting in line with the rest of the defense and closing gaps.

Fulhams 1st goal is easily avoided if he just steps across a bit instead of staying so wide which meant there was a gap for Sidwell to run into.

God how I wish Walcott was fit to play on Wednesday, he would tear Evra a new one.

This one actually isn't Moyes's fault. Evra's been appalling at defending for a few years now.

FootballFan

but you could put ten words on one page.

tumblr_ljsxcv0X2m1qal2uj.gif

confuziz

Banned
My college school had the pages requirement (also for graduation) and the students at my school are also required to have an X amount of pages. Maybe it's just us though. Times new roman 11 is the standard, so there is no way to cheat (well maybe a lot of pictures).

Ashes

Banned
Is it Moyes' fault? He seems more concerned with marking his wide man when the ball is on the other side of the pitch instead of getting in line with the rest of the defense and closing gaps.

Fulhams 1st goal is easily avoided if he just steps across a bit instead of staying so wide which meant there was a gap for Sidwell to run into.

God how I wish Walcott was fit to play on Wednesday, he would tear Evra a new one.

Honestly just put Ozil there. And He'd ghost in cause Evra just doesn't give a crap about the defenders he's playing with. It's not only about the lack of awareness of the players around him, he really doesn't seem to give a crap about the defending portion of his game.

arkon

Good luck bro o/

Got them already. Was more thinking about motivitaional type of stuff.

Right now I'm trying to write 1 or 2 pages per day. I need around 35 till end of April. Should be doable me thinks.

Write regularly and often in a place with zero distractions (maybe do 2-3 hours in the morning, break for lunch and then another 2-3 hours in the afternoon). Force yourself if you have to, just get those words on the page even if you think what you're writing is shit. You can always go back and revise the stuff that sounds like bollocks, which leads to the next point. Make sure you have time to read through and revise completed sections. Set some targets for the day/week in terms of word count/completed sections. When you meet those targets give yourself some time off to do whatever the fuck you want.

The way I used to do it was 700 words minimum per day (I'd often go way over that once I got the ball rolling) and tried to complete sections within a week. Then I'd have a day or two to read through and edit that stuff. Rinse and repeat. I did plan it beforehand as well. What am I going to disucss in each section, what questions I'm going to address, which reference sources would be useful for which section. Then it's just a process of filling in all the blanks around that initial framework.

Ashes

Banned
i don't really understand why it's necessary to make your point using that game as an example.

couldn't you have pulled an article about united - fulham.

More variation to work with in that game. There are only two things that happened in the United game. Crosses and counter attacks.

Genuinely worried that Moyes/United staff aren't going to view Sunday's tactics as a mistake and it's going to be an ongoing thing.

I was genuinely thinking that the team were playing some sort of joke against Fulham - 81 crosses wtf

I hate how apathetic Moyes seems after a shock result, like it's just a bit of bad luck rather than a deeper, more fundamental problem with the way the team is being organised.

That wasn't good football in the slightest, it was predictable and looked amateurish. It makes me angry thinking about it, actually.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yeah his lyrical quality has gone down since The College Dropout. If you are listening to Kanye for his lyrics, you are listening to the wrong guy. All about them production values.

Difference of opinion, I think the genre is great.

Creatively dead for ten years? It's like you've never listened to anything outside "real hip hop". Hip hop ia at its most creative for a long time, the likes of Kanye, Danny Brown, Kendrick Lamar are experimenting with mains success. Then you have lesser known artists such as Shabazz Palaces putting out creative stuff too.
lol pls, I've forgotten more about hip-hop than most people learn in their entire lifetime. Kendrick Lamar is the Halo of hip-hop, fundamentally solid but nothing mind blowing and disgustingly overrated for merely being competent when everyone else popular is flat out bad. When I was a hip-hop head in the late 90s and early 2000s, the likes of Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, M.O.P., etc... were semi-mainstream acts that actually got a good amount of radio and video play and the mainstream acts were quality as well. Hell Three Six Mafia was semi-underground back then and now they have a fucking Oscar and their music quality has fallen off a precipice. I'm not going to put Shabazz Palaces on a pedestal when I've already heard say, The Roots do it much earlier and better. I'm no longer passionate enough about hip-hop to wade through the septic tank its become just to find a couple of nice rings.

And Danny Brown really, a poor man's ODB?

If you only listen to top 40 than every genre will appear to be creatively dead.
Once upon a time that was not the case, that is what I lament.

Feorax

?????????

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155060-fulham-v-liverpool-important-update

The following statement has been released this evening by Fulham Football Club.

"Following a number of enquiries regarding how the potential London Underground strike action may affect Wednesday evening's fixture against Liverpool, the club can confirm that it is currently proceeding on the basis that the game will go ahead.

"However, the club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.

"After consulting with the Local Authority and the Metropolitan Police, it has been decided that if the proposed action is still undetermined at 3pm tomorrow (Tuesday), and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then as a consequence the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date.

"A further statement will be released at 3pm tomorrow to confirm whether the game will go ahead or be postponed."

A Liverpool Football Club spokesperson said: "We will inform supporters through our official channels as soon as more information becomes available regarding the fixture.

"The safety and well-being of supporters has to be the paramount concern of everyone involved in this process."

Would this not affect the Arsenal v United game as well?

King_Moc

Banned
i don't really understand why it's necessary to make your point using that game as an example.

couldn't you have pulled an article about united - fulham.

It's just more positive to use an example of good tactics affecting the game, than bad.

King_Moc

Banned
If they want big names they're gonna have to spend money that would make City blush. I hope we will learn one day if United really thought they could get Kroos for 25m.

Given the Fabregas, Fellaini and Baines hilarity last summer, I can't see there being huge amounts of cash on offer. Those situations only make sense if the club is low on expendable cash. They are still hugely in debt and there has to be a reason why Ferguson did next to no rebuilding in the last 5 years.

Well, United will also have the problem of convincing players to join them with potentially no opportunity for European Football.

Even if the money was there for the big names, very few players are going to turn down the Chelsea's, the City's, the Arsenal's if United launched an equal bid.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching that Arsenal United game posted above

Man we were so good once

Clegg

Given the Fabregas, Fellaini and Baines hilarity last summer, I can't see there being huge amounts of cash on offer. Those situations only make sense if the club is low on expendable cash. They are still hugely in debt and there has to be a reason why Ferguson did next to no rebuilding in the last 5 years.

United's debt isn't a problem. Interest repayments have been slashed, huge sponsorships are coming through and the club has just broken its transfer record. There's plenty of money there to be spent. And it will be because it has to be.

Feorax

I actually think he doesn't really fit into our system that much anymore. I could see him leave in the summer. If a player wants to leave and we're okay with it we usually don't ask for too much money, see e.g. Gomez.

Christ, if he becomes available then expect a flurry of bids from the PL. Us, United, City (now Fernando signed a new deal) and Arsenal could all use him as a mainstay of the team.

Edit: Apparently Craven Cottage is 15 mins walk from 2 overground stations. Coupled with West Ham and Arsenal both not being concerned... I smell shennanigans.

But you had a limitless tank of money, a shame Bayern used their black magic to convince Thiago.

iLoI254ZNmVtb.gif

kharma45

Our debt repayments aren't an issue now, they're something like £21m p/a. We've enough cash in the bank (£140m or so) to sign a couple of good players and we've got our new kit deal to come yet.

Ashes

Banned
From jan first 3 wins, 5 defeats and a draw. If the season ends with that kind of form, I don't think Moyes can look forward to the transfer window. 6 wins 12 defeats and 4 draws means that he will not get a second season. There's patience and there's stupidity.

He has to win against Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Crystal Palace to even stay with the top 6. And then there's Olympiacos.

Starting to think Moyes being the manager might be more of a hindrance to players joining than us not having CL football (although not having CL football is essentially a symptom of Moyes being manager).

L1NETT

Fulham going to issue an update to the issue at 3pm tomorrow apparently to twatter chatter, sorry if i'm late on that one.

Thought talks were ongoing, so they could be waiting for a conclusion to those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom