• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Witcher 2 is one of my favourite games of the generation. Awesome game. TLoU tier singleplayer experience.

My only issue with it is I found the story to be a little convoluted and poopy. The moment to moment character interactions are great, as are the plots to the little hub areas and side quests, but the overarching mythos is gunk. There's some form of war between different sides and factions and it's just never really fleshed out well enough for the average player.

I'm laughing really hard

on public transport
You should probably just throw a highlighter on any comment not made on public transport.

Blablurn

Less than 30 pages left. Aww yeah. But to be honest I don't care how my teacher will rate it. Just wanna pass and then leave college.

arkon

I wish there was a way I could just pay money and watch True Detective, but since I dont have sky and live in the EU I cant, just let me pay money hbo, ill give you money :(

It's not even started on Sky yet I think, so you can ask Wilbury and the rest of the EU guys how they catch it every week.

subtles

Posting again for you Arnie as you mentioned Sterling's improved physique a while back.

BgEQ9DICQAAoAY4.jpg:large

jtb

Banned
True Detective is like House of Cards tier for me. Very pretty, acting talent everywhere, tons of money on screen, with writing that lags way way behind the quality of everything else.

LTWheels

Its a shame that instead of travelling the world I spend all my time going from mitcham junction to teddington

Teddington isn't bad, although did piss me off last Tuesday when the train to London decided to break down on the station whilst the tube strikes were going on.

GQman2121

Banned
All the Grounds Zeros talk had me reach for the backlog and play Snake Eater HD for the first time since I bought the HD collection back in 2011. It's still a very, very good game and looks great in HD, low res environment textures and all--I'm still having a blast.

The lip sync is all kinds of terrible though. There are times when a character will go on a rant and their mouths are doing more shaking than opening while they speak. It's kind of endearing because the dialogue is obviously hilarious.

This is the third version (original, Subsistence, HD) I've purchased since the game came out almost ten years ago and I've beaten it probably eight more times since then, but I've never been able to get all of those damn frogs! I'm sitting here with a youtube vid and knocking all 64 of them out one by one and it's easy to see why I was never able to do it. They're in the most ridiculous areas, some have you double back over previous locations that you have no other reason to revisit other than to shoot a few frog statues. It's honestly doing me in because I'm also on a no kill, no alert run.

spidye

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/1...ccidentally-kills-iraqi-pupils.html?referrer=

BAGHDAD — A group of Sunni militants attending a suicide bombing training class at a camp north of Baghdad were killed on Monday when their commander unwittingly conducted a demonstration with a belt that was packed with explosives, army and police officials said

lol

So they all passed?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766802

from the suicide bomber thread. best response ever
:lol

Wilbur

Banned
Teddington isn't bad, although did piss me off last Tuesday when the train to London decided to break down on the station whilst the tube strikes were going on.

It's alright but I'm just fed up of travelling. Takes me an hour and a half to get to work/uni and an hour and a half to get back. That's an eighth of my day four days a week sitting on trams and trains and buses, and that isn't even accounting for travel made just for going out.

help me

Arnie

Posting again for you Arnie as you mentioned Sterling's improved physique a while back.

BgEQ9DICQAAoAY4.jpg:large
He's so fucking strong now.

Seriously seems like he's unbreakable when he digs his heels in.

Speaking of digging heels in, Cleverley's done an exclusive interview with the Mirror about not giving up at United. That's it you useless little sperm-weedle, dig your shit little boots into the mud whilst David works you and your colleagues into the earth.
I'm only on 6.40 an hour lol, do average 20 hours a week. Pretty big student loan tho I CANNOT TRAVEL IM AT UNIVERSITY
Don't go travelling.

You don't want to be one of those people who turns up for work experience when you're 28 and everyone else your age has a house and eight cars.
It's alright but I'm just fed up of travelling. Takes me an hour and a half to get to work/uni and an hour and a half to get back. That's an eighth of my day four days a week sitting on trams and trains and buses, and that isn't even accounting for travel made just for going out.

help me
I'm looking for a new place to live in London this month, moving on March 1st.

Let's create our very own BT Sport studio pad in Peckham.

wedward

True Detective is like House of Cards tier for me. Very pretty, acting talent everywhere, tons of money on screen, with writing that lags way way behind the quality of everything else.

Yup. The high production values and acting talent in House of Cards and True Detective just make the poor writing stand out even more.

FootballFan

Currently playing through it. Just came in contact with Ocelot for the second time.

I love listening to the codec conversations. MGS4 lacked in that department.

Big Boss/Naked Snake explaining in detail the many modifications to the M1911a1

"It's more than a little. First of all, the feeding ramp is polished to
a mirror sheen. It's not going to have any feeding problems. The slide's been
replaced with a reinforced version. And it meshes perfectly with the frame.
The frame itself has been iron-welded and scraped down multiple times for
maximum precision. The front strap part of the frame has been checkered to
make it dig into the hand. That prevents any slipping. The sight system's
original, too. It's a 3-dot type. It's got an enlarged front sight, giving it
superior target sighting capability. The regular hammer's been replaced with a
ring hammer. That enhances the cocking control and increases the hammer-down
speed. They also reworked the grip safety to accommodate the ring hammer.
Looks like they eliminated it altogether. This is a tool for pros. The thumb
safety and the slide stop are extended to allow for more precise handling. The
base of the trigger guard is whittled down, so you can use a high grip. And
the trigger itself is a long type for easy finger access. The trigger pull is
about 3.5 pounds. That's about a pound and a half lighter than normal. The
magazine well has been widened to make it easier to put in a new magazine. The
magazine catch button has been cut down low to make it harder to hit by
accident. The mainspring housing has been changed to a flat type to increase
grip. And it's even been fitted with stepping so that it doesn't slip from the
recoil when firing. On top of that, they added cocking serrations to the front
part of the slide. That lets you load and eject cartridges faster in an
emergency. Whoever did this is a professional. No question - this thing could
shoot a one-hole at 25 yards in a machine rest."

LTWheels

help me

And if you stay there and work in London once you finish Uni, you we still spend 3 hours a day travelling like everyone else does. I've got so use to getting up at 6:30 for a 9:30 start every morning that I can no longer lie in bed on the weekends.

The only bonus is that cause of the Fulwell bus garage, you can fall to sleep on the night bus and get woken up by the bus driver when you arrive back home.

Meier

Whenever you see a YouTube football video with a foreign name it's likely going to be brilliant

This was brilliant

That is a really, really accurate statement. :lol Never in my wildest dreams did I think that was coming.

By the way, for those curious, someone capped a nice quality version of the Yaya event. I don't really see it as anything that is even remotely worthy of a red consideration but I'm obviously biased. Seems like a lot of the Norwich fans agreed though on reddit, for what it's worth: http://gfycat.com/PessimisticDelayedAnt

GQman2121

Banned
Currently playing through it. Just came in contact with Ocelot for the second time.

I love listening to the codec conversations. MGS4 lacked in that department.

Big Boss/Naked Snake explaining in detail the many modifications to the M1911a1

"It's more than a little. First of all, the feeding ramp is polished to
a mirror sheen. It's not going to have any feeding problems. The slide's been
replaced with a reinforced version. And it meshes perfectly with the frame.
The frame itself has been iron-welded and scraped down multiple times for
maximum precision. The front strap part of the frame has been checkered to
make it dig into the hand. That prevents any slipping. The sight system's
original, too. It's a 3-dot type. It's got an enlarged front sight, giving it
superior target sighting capability. The regular hammer's been replaced with a
ring hammer. That enhances the cocking control and increases the hammer-down
speed. They also reworked the grip safety to accommodate the ring hammer.
Looks like they eliminated it altogether. This is a tool for pros. The thumb
safety and the slide stop are extended to allow for more precise handling. The
base of the trigger guard is whittled down, so you can use a high grip. And
the trigger itself is a long type for easy finger access. The trigger pull is
about 3.5 pounds. That's about a pound and a half lighter than normal. The
magazine well has been widened to make it easier to put in a new magazine. The
magazine catch button has been cut down low to make it harder to hit by
accident. The mainspring housing has been changed to a flat type to increase
grip. And it's even been fitted with stepping so that it doesn't slip from the
recoil when firing. On top of that, they added cocking serrations to the front
part of the slide. That lets you load and eject cartridges faster in an
emergency. Whoever did this is a professional. No question - this thing could
shoot a one-hole at 25 yards in a machine rest."

Yeah, it's all great. I love how everyone goes on these long speeches as if they don't have anything else more important to attend too! I've reached Groznyj Grad and will hopefully finish it tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think the True Detective writing is poor by any means; as jtb says it's competent. Everything else is great though, looking forward to watching last nights.

He's so fucking strong now.

Seriously seems like he's unbreakable when he digs his heels in.

Speaking of digging heels in, Cleverley's done an exclusive interview with the Mirror about not giving up at United. That's it you useless little sperm-weedle, dig your shit little boots into the mud whilst David works you and your colleagues into the earth.

"I'm being made a scapegoat for United's failings"

Yeah because you're as shit as the rest of them and you could convincingly pass for an eleven year old so we might as well fucking beat you up.

Don't go travelling.

You don't want to be one of those people who turns up for work experience when you're 28 and everyone else your age has a house and eight cars.

Genuinely, the only thing I've contemplated with regards to travelling is having the money to:

1) rent out a place in Venice for a few months and learn the language and spend every day just looking out my window at my surroundings and wanking
2) doing a tour of Europe and going to all the football grounds I want to

Travelling America - no thanks, it's the size of a thousand Premier Asses. Volunteer work in Africa - mosquitos would kill me in a week. Travelling Thailand/Cambodia - don't understand why anyone bothers if you're not fussed about elephants. Travelling Australia - 90 percent of the place is a fucking desolate wasteland and the rest is full of demon spiders who can't wait to jump out a toilet and destroy my dick.

I'm looking for a new place to live in London this month, moving on March 1st.

Let's create our very own BT Sport studio pad in Peckham.

But yes, let's do this. Honestly, I love living at home but I need to go be an adult innit. Lets do it. Get a little pitch the size of a subutteo table in our bedroom, have a bunk bed and just have oven chips every night.

Why are you moving? Constant blood clots from staring at the hot lass killing you?

arkon

That is a really, really accurate statement. :lol Never in my wildest dreams did I think that was coming.

By the way, for those curious, someone capped a nice quality version of the Yaya event. I don't really see it as anything that is even remotely worthy of a red consideration but I'm obviously biased. Seems like a lot of the Norwich fans agreed though on reddit, for what it's worth: http://gfycat.com/PessimisticDelayedAnt

Toure should be punished for not making proper contact. Also Wolf'spenis should be castrated for that reaction.

wedward

Don't think the True Detective writing is poor by any means; as jtb says it's competent. Everything else is great though, looking forward to watching last nights.

Sure, for TV it is competent, but TV is held to a lower standard. I think the monologues are poor.

arkon

But yes, let's do this. Honestly, I love living at home but I need to go be an adult innit. Lets do it. Get a little pitch the size of a subutteo table in our bedroom, have a bunk bed and just have oven chips every night.

You guys should do your own youtube videos featuring your analyses of the week's games.

Meier

Toure should be punished for not making proper contact. Also Wolf'spenis should be castrated for that reaction.

Yaya is usually good for one petulant reaction a game. He probably could stand a red card to try and get him to quit doing it.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Meier, not sure what to think of that. On one hand, it's a teeny little kick and WOLF is egging it for all it's worth. On the other, Toure's an idiot for doing it in the first place

Verdict: ban him until the end of the season

And if you stay there and work in London once you finish Uni, you we still spend 3 hours a day travelling like everyone else does. I've got so use to getting up at 6:30 for a 9:30 start every morning that I can no longer lie in bed on the weekends.

The only bonus is that cause of the Fulwell bus garage, you can fall to sleep on the night bus and get woken up by the bus driver when you arrive back home.

The 33 is an absolute godsend, innit. Can be out of work and to the pub in five minutes.

Jesus fucking christ is that all they pay you? You're like a modern day slave.

and do go travelling, it can be pretty great and cheap.

For part time retail/foody place in this country, that's pretty much going rate especially considering I'm not 21 yet.

You're coming to the UnitedGAF meet up then.

Fuck lets kidnap him and hold him hostage until we get sleepless back

FootballFan

Yeah Meier, not sure what to think of that. On one hand, it's a teeny little kick and WOLF is egging it for all it's worth. On the other, Toure's an idiot for doing it in the first place

Verdict: ban him until the end of the season

Ban in all competitions?

/pls

Arnie

Why are you moving? Constant blood clots from staring at the hot lass killing you?

Yes you do. I could never live at home ever again, just going back makes me twitchy. I love the freedom of pure independence. Even if I sometimes ring my mum and ask her to do inane shit for me because I'm a lazy cunt.

It's so difficult looking for a place with sound people that have similar interests to myself. Everyone you find in the houses that are clotting the market are either Romanian art students or fucking basement-dwelling sodomites.

I just want to live with a group of lads who enjoy watching football and going to the cinema every now and then, interspersed with the odd takeaway. Is that too much to ask? Is there not a search criteria on Spareroom.co.uk that covers this?

I'm moving because my rent right now is £700 per month. That's over 50% of my monthly wage on rent and bills. Fuck that. I'm looking for £450 - 500 with bills and in an area that doesn't exclude me from jogging/cycling in to work. It's doable but difficult. I'll manage.

With that price I'll be able to save little bits here and there and live comfortably with room for self-gratifying purchases. Like a naughty jumper or two. Or some shorts. Summer's coming. These thighs weren't made for hiding.

And by the way that 'fit' Austrian, or however I described her after 48 hours of exposure is the most immature and detestable baby I've ever had the displeasure of spending time with. She's a whiny little kid with no work ethic or general perspective. She makes a joke about the North of England every time I see her and she thinks she's trendy because she lives in East London when in fact she's just a spoilt gobshite from a land of privilege and false-economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom