• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
finished Outlast. decent little adventure, best part believe it or not was
the last underground section.

shame the only good scare was the first one.

subtles

If only Arsene went back with a proper bid after our 40m and 1 pound bid was rejected...

To be fair, the whole thing was a botch job after we got the misinformation from his agent.

How different things could have been.

Has Ozil depended on Ramsey as much as he did Khedira?

Lambda, who were the best performers in the league this season? The top is ridiculously tight. Any players to look out for?

So yeah, I accepted that it's Moyes' fault. No team in their right mind will make 82 crosses in one game, when you have some of the best attacking players in Football.

subtles

So yeah, I accepted that it's Moyes' fault. No team in their right mind will make 82 crosses in one game, when you have some of the best attacking players in Football.

I think United's approach against Arsenal will more or less define the man Moyes is after that latest setback. It would be a shame if he continues on this trajectory. United have some of the best attacking players in the league, they should, as convincing league champions, be mesmerizing to watch (imo).

I honestly thought United would go for a progressive manager after Fergie retired, one who would implement a more pleasing football style.

Sad state of affairs down the M62 really.

Has Ozil depended on Ramsey as much as he did Khedira?

Lambda, who were the best performers in the league this season? The top is ridiculously tight. Any players to look out for?

Benfica:

- Oblak
- Garay
- Gaitan
- Rodrigo
- Markovic

Porto:

- Mangala
- Carlos Eduardo
- Fernando
- Jackson Martinez

subtles

Freddy Montero and William Carvalho.

I remember Carvalho being a big deal in the summer, but Montero performing is a surprise.

i won't rate any Sporting player till they play in European competitons. it's easy to look good when you only gotta play once per week.

Is that a slight XD.

BgId_bBCAAAJ4GT.jpg:large

I want Moyes to come back.

If only Arsene went back with a proper bid after our 40m and 1 pound bid was rejected...

To be fair, the whole thing was a botch job after we got the misinformation from his agent.

How different things could have been.

Yep we needed a match winner which Suarez is. If we were willing to spend that much money on a German Wilshere, then we should have been willing to spend 50 million on Suarez.

subtles

Can you walk into a store in the US and just pick up a PS4? My brother is about to go to Vegas and wants to try and get one while he is out there!

For the most part, yes. I've seen so many in every game section/store I've been to recently. Some of GAF complain about shortages so I'm not too sure about Vegas.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
she asked if I had any plans on Friday, I said no.

WELP! I should've looked at the calendar. Ahh, it's fine, it'll mean nothing anyway.
And by the way that 'fit' Austrian, or however I described her after 48 hours of exposure
that's how they get ya! </3
haven't seen it (or the Wire, for that matter)
NOOOO JTB! Watch it!

-
Mario asked for privacy a couple of days ago
gaz8.png

GdS dedicates a full cover story on what's wrong with him, on and off the pitch. :/

faridmon

12 hours of sleep sounds pretty appealing right now.

First world problem etc.

anyway, it started as a potential nap, which turned out to a deep sleep which lasted for 12 hours. I am pretty sure that is not normal. That also happened few times before.
Its not that I was feeling tired or anything.

Fuck me, I'm not subscribed to this thread, and somehow missed it 3 times when looking for it, and was legit worried it had been deleted

'Cryptic,innit' made me laugh every time, as did the Monkey News jingle. Karl's original gameshow ideas were genius, like Big Mother, The Rice Is Right and Fifteen Taiwan.

Seriously, even if you don't like Rickty Gervais, Steve Merchant, or even the podcasts, the radio shows are utter genius, a solid hour of brilliant comedy. The second series alone is like 50 episodes of hilarity, and I doubt I'll ever hear anything as funny again

Everton fans knew. You'd think they'd have warned us.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful

...while we attempt to eke out a one nil win or even a nil nil draw.

We constantly hear that David Moyes has worked wonders with little money. Sorry but that doesn&#8217;t wash: when you have had money it&#8217;s been wasted. Kroldrup, Heitinga, Bilyaletdino all spring to mind.

...into ordinary players by asking them to play wide chasing hopeful long punts from the back.

...over half the season gone and not a single performance to get excited about.

The system we adopt doesn&#8217;t work and needs to be altered. There are talented players at the club who don&#8217;t get enough game time.

I&#8217;ve heard that he has to learn to develop his game and up his work ethic and learn to defend more because that&#8217;s the Everton way.

...the Everton way is not to have your attack minded players turn into workrate zombies

Sadly, it appears that our priority is to not lose games rather than to win them and it&#8217;s simply not good enough. We see your after match interviews and you constantly tell us that we have played well when it&#8217;s clear for all to see that we have not only not played well, but we&#8217;ve been absolutely woeful week after week.

Please get this man out of our club.

subtles

Everton are finally enjoying their football and playing well, they were unlucky to lose to Tottenham.

Moyes' mantra: You'll Never Win Again.

Edit: So many Yurt, you always start a story and never bring any satisfying conclusion. So many tales I wonder to this day how they transpired and eventually concluded.

Blablurn

iban0mkqobofQh.gif

I wish Manchester would attempt to pass the ball a bit like in that gif.
I also wish Barca would do the same.

Imagine they would have gotten Pep and Thiago.

btw FootballFan. What kind of standing did Thiago had in Barca? Here in Bayern he became one of the best important players in a shorttime. Directing the game, scoring goals and having a shitton of ball contacts. When I watched Barca in the past he never really caught my attention to be honest.

arkon

I think United's approach against Arsenal will more or less define the man Moyes is after that latest setback. It would be a shame if he continues on this trajectory. United have some of the best attacking players in the league, they should, as convincing league champions, be mesmerizing to watch (imo).

I honestly thought United would go for a progressive manager after Fergie retired, one who would implement a more pleasing football style.

Sad state of affairs down the M62 really.

Let's be honest. As a Chelsea fan you're loving this.

subtles

Imagine they would have gotten Pep and Thiago.

btw FootballFan. What kind of standing did Thiago had in Barca? Here in Bayern he became one of the best important players in a shorttime. Directing the game, scoring goals and having a shitton of ball contacts. When I watched Barca in the past he never really caught my attention to be honest.

Other than that period he was lauded and Pep said:

"Everything he touches at the moment turns to gold."

He had some brilliant performances for Barca but didn't really get to feature in many of the big games. It's the same as it is now tbh, if you and the other BayernGaf weren't giving many of us updates we wouldn't really know how big of an impact he has had on the team. The tears when Thiago left were unparalleled, I have never seen a young player as praised as Thiago at Barca (at any other club).

iban0mkqobofQh.gif

I wish Manchester would attempt to pass the ball a bit like in that gif.
I also wish Barca would do the same.

The ball ends up in a less threatening position than the one it starts in

#TikiTaka

Listened to a hilarious debate in my break between 2 Man Utd fans arguing about whether Liverpool are title contenders, and whether Young was their worst player on Sunday. One of them is the most inattentive fan I've ever met though, didn't even know Ronaldo had been sold until like 4 days afterwards and normallt doesn't know their most recent result. The other still maintains that Henderson's shit, so he can do one as well :p

Is Ronaldinho the most outrageously gifted footballer of all time, in terms of pure entertainment and being a joy to watch at his best?

Think we and the media should calm it down a bit regarding Rodgers, 1 fantastic result and performance seems to have people putting him on a bit of a pedestal that should be reserved for when he wins something, or if we have a particularly strong end to the season

Imagine if we won the league. Tears.

Lightning

Banned
God I hope you get to fucking eat those words one day.

Be careful what you wish for.
You'd rather Mou? I'd prefer neither personally but if I had to choose between them I would go with Moyes. Mou breeds success but he's so unlikeable, the success would be bittersweet because of my detestment towards the guy.

Personal choice? Frank De Boer. He needs to leave the Netherlands now and test his waters a little higher.

subtles

I really couldn't care less tbh. I honestly thought United imploding would make me happy but it's honestly sad that this is one of the most amazing PL seasons in recent memory and last season's champions are nowhere to be found.

No arkon, my love for Liverpool is only rivaled by your undying devotion and constant state of arousal for inter.

I really couldn't care less tbh. I honestly thought United imploding would make me happy but it's honestly sad that this is one of the most amazing PL seasons in recent memory and last season's champions are nowhere to be found.

No arkon, my love for Liverpool is only rivaled by your undying devotion and constant state of arousal for inter.

Fuck Man Utd. They've had it far too good, for far too long, for me to have even an inkling of sympathy for them. They've rightly rubbed our decline in our faces for 2 decades now, about time they savoured just a taste of it.

edit: Happy Derby won, fuck QPR. Boring team, joke of a club at the moment, corrupt saggy faced cunt of a manager

Blablurn

Other than that period he was lauded and Pep said:

"Everything he touches at the moment turns to gold."

He had some brilliant performances for Barca but didn't really get to feature in many of the big games. It's the same as it is now tbh, if you and the other BayernGaf weren't giving many of us updates we wouldn't really know how big of an impact he has had on the team. The tears when Thiago left were unparalleled, I have never seen a young player as praised as Thiago at Barca (at any other club).

Damn! But yeah, you can see that he has a shitton of potential.In a few games he already achieved a lot. For example literally destroying the record most ball contacts in a game or helping us to win a crucial game against Stuttgart in a stunning way.

And I'm sure he will grow a lot more under Pep. And I will cry once he leaves :(

subtles

Damn! But yeah, you can see that he has a shitton of potential.In a few games he already achieved a lot. For example literally destroying the record most ball contacts in a game or helping us to win a crucial game against Stuttgart in a stunning way.

And I'm sure he will grow a lot more under Pep. And I will cry once he leaves :(

I don't know if you can find the clip, but there was this one moment where he cushioned a long ball (from the keeper iirc) with one of the most beautiful first touches I've ever seen and the Camp Nou purred, then went into applause.

The Nou Camp.

Where some of the most gifted players have and continue to play. That lad is special.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful

sounds eerily similar to United's situation

Keep fighting the good fight, Laboured.

So many Yurt, you always start a story and never bring any satisfying conclusion. So many tales I wonder to this day how they transpired and eventually concluded.

hahah sorry y'all <3 I'm just rambling really.

Sometimes on here, twitter or WhatsApp.

arkon

I can't believe that. You've even got current Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho as your avatar.

Feorax

I'm surprised more Arsenal fans aren't fuming at Fulham. It's hardly fair that we would get a full 7 days rest before the FA cup game when Arsenal would only get 3.

The ball ends up in a less threatening position than the one it starts in

#TikiTaka

Listened to a hilarious debate in my break between 2 Man Utd fans arguing about whether Liverpool are title contenders, and whether Young was their worst player on Sunday. One of them is the most inattentive fan I've ever met though, didn't even know Ronaldo had been sold until like 4 days afterwards and normallt doesn't know their most recent result. The other still maintains that Henderson's shit, so he can do one as well :p

Is Ronaldinho the most outrageously gifted footballer of all time, in terms of pure entertainment and being a joy to watch at his best?

Think we and the media should calm it down a bit regarding Rodgers, 1 fantastic result and performance seems to have people putting him on a bit of a pedestal that should be reserved for when he wins something, or if we have a particularly strong end to the season

Imagine if we won the league. Tears.

Looks like Iniesta messed up that series of passing. Instead of turning around and attacking the space between the two defenders he decided to be fancy and do a heel flick. The wide player could have made a run too.

Plasma

Banned
I'm surprised more Arsenal fans aren't fuming at Fulham. It's hardly fair that we would get a full 7 days rest before the FA cup game when Arsenal would only get 3.

Not much we can do about it either way, whether you get more rest or not I still expect our players to put in a better performance at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom