• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

You'd rather Mou? I'd prefer neither personally but if I had to choose between them I would go with Moyes. Mou breeds success but he's so unlikeable, the success would be bittersweet because of my detestment towards the guy.

Is this a joke post? I guess when Wenger's been your manager for 18 seasons, you lose all perspective, eh?

subtles

I can't believe that. You've even got current Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho as your avatar.

You seem to be suffering so much that everyone must look like Mou. You miss him at inter that much?

Mourinho can only hope the manager in my avatar stays where he is.

I pray all the time United never find him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VPc7yywzlU

This one?

EDIT:

lol @ comments

TPWLOfe.png

Yes. Despite the elevation on the ball and the pressure from the two players, he still controlled that ball and moved into space. It's sensational. This was also Bielsa's Bilbao that pressed and controlled space relentlessly.

arkon

You seem to be suffering so much that everyone must look like Mou. You miss him at inter that much?

Mourinho can only hope the manager in my avatar stays where he is.

I pray all the time United never find him.

Yes. Despite the elevation on the ball and the pressure from the two players, he still controlled that ball and moved into space. It's sensational. This was also Bielsa's Bilbao that pressed and controlled space relentlessly.

Mourinho brings the glory as I'm sure you're aware.

subtles

Anfield No.10 Coutinho said:

“Playing with a ball made out of old socks, or even a bottle top, made you learn to love a proper football."

“It was the same for Luis and playing street football has definitely helped our understanding together at Liverpool."

“There is not much space to play in the Premier League and teams try to stop us, especially at Anfield."

“It helps if you can see the little bits of space we learned to exploit on the streets.”

Coutinho wants to help the Kop side claim a Champions League spot, adding: “The first aim is for us to reach the Champions League."

“And if I do well here, the chances of me being invited to play for Brazil at the World Cup increase.”

<3

subtles

Its weird that we have two very distinct attacking partnerships, who seem to have a telepathic understanding

Coutinho works remarkably well with Sturridge, and Sterling & Suarez seem like they've spent years together on the traning pitch

Sturridge/Coutinho has really surprised me. Coutinho's slump of form also coincided with Sturridge's injury. If we can get all three to combine we'll be going places. :p

Mastadon

Banned
Its weird that we have two very distinct attacking partnerships, who seem to have a telepathic understanding

Coutinho works remarkably well with Sturridge, and Sterling & Suarez seem like they've spent years together on the traning pitch

The absolutely love the joy you can see on Suarez's face when Sterling scores. You can tell they have a good relationship.

I also very much enjoyed the bit on Saturday where Wilshere was having a bit of pop at Sterling, and then Cissokho came and squared up to him and Jack looked petrified.

LTWheels

I think Suarez's goals have dried up a bit recently because Henderson is playing deeper so they link up less.

Coutinho links up much better with Sturridge than Suarez. Think that's because Suarez's positioning is so erratic that Courinho can't pick out the right pass for him.

Suarez plays better off little flicks and short balls than through balls. That's something that Henderson is better than Coutinho at.

Hixx

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/yNtAH8E.jpg[/IMG]

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/jbHUZZy.jpg[/IMG]

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/WIXl9ga.jpg[/IMG]

Three GOAT's back in training!

BCutz and LCatz are being unleashed in the same team tomorrow

tell your midfield to prepare their ankles

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs have been rocked by the news that defender Vlad Chiriches is out for six weeks.

The setback is a blow for boss Tim Sherwood with his team battling for a place in next season's Champions League.

Scans have shown that a back injury that has kept the £8.5million Chriches on the sidelines since the end of last month are more serious than first thought.

*sigh*

At least Kaboul is back.

FootballFan

Imagine they would have gotten Pep and Thiago.

btw FootballFan. What kind of standing did Thiago had in Barca? Here in Bayern he became one of the best important players in a shorttime. Directing the game, scoring goals and having a shitton of ball contacts. When I watched Barca in the past he never really caught my attention to be honest.

How didn't he catch your attention in that preseason game where he kicked your ass. :p

Unfortunately those were his moments to shine for us. Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. Kinda hard to break into the team with those guys there.

Some Barca fans thought he was overhyped/not any good. But that is the ridiculous bar the barca-bros have. Do some amazing stuff in midfield while you are 18-20, but miss a few passes = meh player.

Thiago was still great for us imo. Probably can find in my post history that I would have rather lost Cesc during that window. He has the potential to literally be one of the best midfielders in the world.

Such an exciting player. Dribbles, controls play, passes, dat vision and skill. He was a mix of Dinho and Xavi. Our most talented youngster in a loooong time.

Too bad it didn't work out. :( Moyes could really have used him too
on the wing
. When Pep comes out to say "I want Thiago and only Thiago" then you know he's good :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Iturbe "I do not know anything about my future. Certainly Juventus are a real team, the strongest in Italy, and who would not [want to play there]?"

Please shut up

jesalr

The absolutely love the joy you can see on Suarez's face when Sterling scores. You can tell they have a good relationship.

I also very much enjoyed the bit on Saturday where Wilshere was having a bit of pop at Sterling, and then Cissokho came and squared up to him and Jack looked petrified.

That's cause he's all talk. Angling to rile someone up and get them sent off, but when things actually get heated, you won't see anyone backpedal quicker. Was the same against Dembele in the FA cup.

*sigh*

At least Kaboul is back.

You say that, but he'll dislodge his little toe tomorrow morning and we'll lost Vertonghen to a freak Vine accident. Capoue at CB again.

I've not seen us get injured this much in such a long time, must be a training issue right? Thank god we bought a billion players though.

LegoArmo

I'm just amazed that those average plebs like Cleverley and Young won the league last season.

Fergie is an incredible manager.

Football isn't too hard, you can have average players in probably 4 or 5 positions as long as they do the basics right. Give the ball to the more talented guys, and work hard.

I honestly think I could do a better job at managing Manchester United. Am I crazy? Do we all think the same thing?

Yeah at the moment I reckon I could. I'd need the first team coach to take training but I think once I got it across how I wanted to play results would improve.

LTWheels

I've noticed that when Brendan wants to deviler instructions to the team he calls over Henderson. Against Arsenal Henderson was the one organising our defenders when Arsenal had a set piece. And he is our player that gets in the other players and ref's face.

However, when he heads the ball he does check if his hair has not been knocked out of place.

The look he gave Brendan when Suarez gave him the captain's armband. Felt sorry for him when he was made to run and give it to Skrtel.

King_Moc

Banned
I've noticed that when Brendan wants to deviler instructions to the team he calls over Henderson. Against Arsenal Henderson was the one organising our defenders when Arsenal had a set piece. And he is our player that gets in the other players and ref's face.

However, when he heads the ball he does check if his hair has not been knocked out of place.

The look he gave Brendan when Suarez gave him the captain's armband. Felt sorry for him when he was made to run and give it to Skrtel.

I'm guessing he's in training to replace Gerrard as the main man in the middle. Hopefully, he'll be good enough, though Gerrard was a lot better at his age.

I hate the cunt, but that that is the exact same with Flamini. We have missed him so much. That stupid red card has cost us big. At least he will be back for the FA cup match. I don't think we would have been so poor against you had he been in there.

FootballFan

I don't know if you can find the clip, but there was this one moment where he cushioned a long ball (from the keeper iirc) with one of the most beautiful first touches I've ever seen and the Camp Nou purred, then went into applause.

The Nou Camp.

Where some of the most gifted players have and continue to play. That lad is special.

You mean this

or

this

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Edit
In the first link, look at Muniain's reaction when it shows the replay lol. Even he is surprised.

qindarka

Banned
You'd rather Mou? I'd prefer neither personally but if I had to choose between them I would go with Moyes. Mou breeds success but he's so unlikeable, the success would be bittersweet because of my detestment towards the guy.

You wouldn't care a jot if he was at your club and winning things. But carry on, pretend to be so principled.

I don't know if you can find the clip, but there was this one moment where he cushioned a long ball (from the keeper iirc) with one of the most beautiful first touches I've ever seen and the Camp Nou purred, then went into applause.

The Nou Camp.

Where some of the most gifted players have and continue to play. That lad is special.

First time touches are for players that can't first time pass.

u9dqzrektr17.gif

b3rWHTL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom