• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
two horror tweets in a row

9u7SHHU.png

Slash come the fuck on

Skrtel still has the occasional mistake though. I think Mignolet's distribution must the worst in the league, it's some come down after watching Reina's brilliant passing over the last few seasons.

Its either

a) Twatted straight out of play
b) Trajectory too low, impossible to control under pressure
c) Comes down with snow on it, leaves the recipient in a physical battl, where winning the header is the best we can hope for, and whether it ends with us in possession is a matter of luck

Its a bit of a problem when none of the front 4 are anything like targetmen

FuturusX

Delusion is at the very heart of being a true fan.

Here's the reality:

Arsenal and Chelsea conceded the league when they couldn't be bothered to sign better striking options.

The current top 4 is how it likely remain unless Liverpool bottle it. (More than likely)

Sherwood and Moyes are average managers treading water at clubs who should aspire to much greater things.

But we'll convince ourselves that some or all of these things can be changed..but come May. This is how it will come to pass.

Walshy

One of Agger or Skrtel is nailed on to go this summer I think, and we'll bring in another CB to partner Sakho.

Also think both Johnson and Kelly will go this summer and we'll bring in a new first choice RB, as well as a backup LB that's a step up from Cissokho.

Coupled with possibly a new DM, I can see a lot of changes being made at the back this summer.
If we make the Champions League, I can see a huge overhaul of the squad. Along with Moses and Cissokho loans finishing, I can see Agger, Aspas, Coates, Jones, Kelly and Johnson leaving.

I can only see Ilori, Wisdom and Borini to come back from loans to fill in the gaps in the squad.

4 - Olivier Giroud has scored four goals in his last five appearances for Arsenal (all comps), his best spell since Aug/Sep. Rebooted.

He's a good player. Just wish he was more mobile.

Baki

Delusion is at the very heart of being a true fan.

Here's the reality:

Arsenal and Chelsea conceded the league when they couldn't be bothered to sign better striking options.

The current top 4 is how it likely remain unless Liverpool bottle it. (More than likely)

Sherwood and Moyes are average managers treading water at clubs who should aspire to much greater things.

But we'll convince ourselves that some or all of these things can be changed..but come May. This is how it will come to pass.

Can't believe our medical team passed an injured player for transfer lol!

And yes, Arsene may have cost us the title this transfer window. Which is a shame , other than his transfer muppetry, he is an amazing manager.

If we make the Champions League, I can see a huge overhaul of the squad. Along with Moses and Cissokho loans finishing, I can see Agger, Aspas, Coates, Jones, Kelly and Johnson leaving.

I can only see Ilori, Wisdom and Borini to come back from loans to fill in the gaps in the squad.

McClaughlin too if one of Johnson and Kelly leaves. Its early, but I think injuries have ended Kelly's chances of having a career at a team looking to finish above midtable. Maybe give him a chance at CB in preseason, his mobility and general fitness is fucked though

I wonder if we'll even bother informing Cissokho and Moses that we're not going to try and sign them.

majority of arsenal gaf do not agree, maybe for this game

Arteta is quality, but only at killing off a game. He isn't not someone who should be on from the start when we need to look for a game. he should only be used as a sub to control games we are winning.

Still, with the injuries and suspensions, he is not a bad player to have

Baki

Arteta is quality, but only at killing off a game. He isn't not someone who should be on from the start when we need to look for a game. he should only be used as a sub to control games we are winning.

Still, with the injuries and suspensions, he is not a bad player to have

Do you think we'll bring in a CDM next window ?

L1NETT

Beginning of the season, bunch of gooners here said they preferred Arteta to Cazorla

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edit: Didn't stop em Plasma

Suen

Quite simply because it's hard to associate you with a single team given the number of them you post about. I believe I've told you this before and it's certainly nothing personal.

Why don't you like me Arnie...
:lol :lol I love you guys. Footy-GAF is not the same without you even with all the hate amongst you.

Anyway that's ok Arnie. I'm not usually very vocal or arrogant about the teams I support nor do I care about how much better or worse they are compared to other teams but I do joke sometimes about it. I'm only serious when I argue with United-GAF
Viva and KidA Seven
or Barca-GAF
FF

Viva, KidA Seven and FF <3

Blablurn

I don't understand why they sacked Fink. He was doing a good/decent job. I guess the new sporting director wanted his own coach.

the problems lies much deeper. they need to reset the team. relegation would be good. it helped berlin who were a similar mess.

spidye

I don't understand why they sacked Fink. He was doing a good/decent job. I guess the new sporting director wanted his own coach.
I belueve there were problems between the team and fink.
But fink didn't help himself much when he benched their best goalgetter last season and sold his best talent

Frankfurt will be though. They looked good against us in tge past and we didn't play well in the last few games

Going to be hard but I believe in Thiago and Götze
Frankfurt is resting players. "Will be tough". Come the fuck on.

Fink was shit. Kreuzer is even more shit. The whole fucking squad is shit.

Poor Bert.

Walshy

McClaughlin too if one of Johnson and Kelly leaves. Its early, but I think injuries have ended Kelly's chances of having a career at a team looking to finish above midtable. Maybe give him a chance at CB in preseason, his mobility and general fitness is fucked though

I wonder if we'll even bother informing Cissokho and Moses that we're not going to try and sign them.
McLaughlin's loan has been extended at Barnsley too, he seems to be impressing - he is a huge talent. I don't think it's worth bothering with Kelly, Rodgers doesn't seem to fancy him and he hasn't shown anything like his form pre-injury.

If all those players leave, it leaves us with a squad like this:
GK: Mignolet
DL: Enrique
DC: Sakho, Škrtel, Touré, Ilori, Wisdom
DR: Flanagan, McLaughlin
DM/MC: Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson
AM: Suso, Sterling, Coutinho
ST: Suárez, Sturridge, Borini
Baring in mind most of those players can play multiple positions, that squad lacks the depth to play both European and Domestic football. Need to spend a lot of money to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom