• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Anichebe.jpg

Everton Legend. I always knew you had it in you!

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Elchele

Frankfurt is resting players. "Will be tough". Come the fuck on.

Fink was shit. Kreuzer is even more shit. The whole fucking squad is shit.

Poor Bert.

Fink was kind of shit, but much better than Bert van Marwijk. Marwijk's tactics on defense are LvG level of shit

bud

Fink was kind of shit, but much better than Bert van Marwijk. Marwijk's tactics on defense are LvG level of shit

when your defence consists of van buyten and thatonegermandudewho'salwaysinjured, and you're playing a high line, you're bound to get exposed every now and then. van gaal is a much better coach than van marwijk will ever be.

Elchele

when your defence consists of van buyten and thatonegermandudewho'salwaysinjured, and you're playing a high line, you're bound to get exposed every now and then.

if you don't have the players to play high defensive line, then you don't play a high defensive line.

Lahm said that there was no plan if they lost the ball in the build-up during the van Gaal days. The idea of losing the ball in build-up was not possible for LvG, so every team fucked us every time.

At least the rest was good with LvG, but Marwijk is bad all-around. Don't understand why would they sack Fink for that clown

He's been pretty perfect this season. Rarely does he make a shit tackle.

Yep, but he got too tight earlier on in the game which led to Palace's one chance so far.

I think he has been our best player this season. Such a calming presence to Wojo as well it seems now.

Blablurn

if you don't have the players to play high defensive line, then you don't play a high defensive line.

Lahm said that there was no plan if they lost the ball in the build-up during the van Gaal days. The idea of losing the ball in build-up was not possible for LvG, so every team fucked us every time.

At least the rest was good with LvG, but Marwijk is bad all-around. Don't understand why would they sack Fink for that clown

sure about that quote? didnt he say van gaal was the first who brought a system and there was nothing like this before?

Batigol

Banned
This is a fucking dire game.

Palace playing with 10 men behind the ball. Everyone except Jerome in their own box when Arsenal attack

Boring cunts

bud

you almost won the treble with van gaal, haha.

if it hadn't been for him, jupp wouldn't have won the treble.

van gaal laid the foundation for this team.

deroli

LOOOL the final minutes of the Hertha - Nürnberg match were just too funny.

Nürnberg's keeper left the box trying to clear a ball but couldn't hit it properly, Ronny from Hertha shoots from 20 or 30m onto the open goal, a defender clears the ball on the line with his hands, Ramos scores the rebound, but the whistle was already blown. So what has the referee given? A goal? Nope. Red card + penalty? Nope. An offside position of Ramos? YES! loool. The icing on the cake? One minute later, Nürnberg got a penalty for a very stupid foul that led to the 3:1.

But I still don't know why Hertha wasn't awarded a penalty, too. Ahh football can be so funny sometimes, at least when those things don't happen to your club.

L1NETT

With the squad and manager they have, you can't expect Palace to do anything else apart from sit back.

At least their fans are enjoying summat.

I don't think I have ever seen a side with 80% possession play so bad.

I really expect more from Ozil. For 40 odd million he should be running into their box and conjuring up magic.

Elchele

sure about that quote? didnt he say van gaal was the first who brought a system and there was nothing like this before?

I didn't find the exact quote, but something similar:

Lahm believes Bayern have suffered because of an insistence on overplaying in defence and feels a safety-first approach should be considered.

"We have to reconsider the way we build up play," he told Bild. "Because of errors in the build-up play, we've already lost too many points and conceded too many goals.

"We have sometimes taken too many risks, and in many situations we're making life difficult for ourselves. We can't always look to play elaborately when we have the ball at the back.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/8...ons-bayern-munich's-defensive-tactics?cc=3888

you almost won the treble with van gaal, haha.

if it hadn't been for him, jupp wouldn't have won the treble.

van gaal laid the foundation for this team.

Nothing of that changes the fact that his defensive tactics were complete SHIT.

Elchele

Nürnberg's keeper left the box trying to clear a ball but couldn't hit it properly, Ronny from Hertha shoots from 20 or 30m onto the open goal, a defender clears the ball on the line with his hands, Ramos scores the rebound, but the whistle was already blown. So what has the referee given? A goal? Nope. Red card + penalty? Nope. An offside position of Ramos? YES! loool. The icing on the cake? One minute later, Nürnberg got a penalty for a very stupid foul that led to the 3:1.

But I still don't know why Hertha wasn't awarded a penalty, too. Ahh football can be so funny sometimes, at least when those things don't happen to your club.

It was amazing. I'm ok because I don't like Hertha.

faridmon

Looooooooooooooooooooool

Are Hertha Berlin as good as they have started this season? I think they surprsied me when they just came out of nowhere to sit comfortably up there.

Fink is gone? Bloody Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom