• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
By the by, that's three losses in a row for Atletico. Meltdown.

actually it was because we were going backwards, not because it wasn't pretty enough. But at least I know who our youth players are :eek:

Are you seriously so thick to think my post about Casemiro today was serious? Wow. Guess I need to put a SARCASM tag next to my posts, lest it go over your head lolololololololol

Blablurn

Played 9
Won 3
Drawn 1
Lost 5
Scored 13
Conceded 14

2014 pls
gsgun4udt.gif

Arnie

We'll win the moral league. Next season is our season (like it has been for the last 20+ years).

We've been the most exciting team in the league this season, hands down.

All about points though. Chelsea have been boring as fuck but they're at the summit.

wedward

But everyone told me that Mourhino was the master of grinding out wins and Chealsea wouldn't be dropping anymore points.

Thanks for keeping it warm Mou.

pulga

Banned
@MisterChiping: ALL-TIME RECORD - Reat Madrid is the first club ever in the Spanish cup history to keep 8 consecutive clean sheets.

DEM CLEAN SHEETS

656219961_1954474.gif

which also means we're the first team to reach the CDR final without letting up a goal

Wilbur

Banned
are those United stats? :/

Yep. And one of our wins was against Sunderland, where we got knocked out on penalties anyway.

Absolutely pissed by our concentration late on as well. Southampton, Cardiff and Fulham have all scored last minute equalisers that have taken six points off us.

Clegg

Can't decide who're favourites for the league. Chelsea might be a little too inconsistent but City have stumbled recently too.

Will be interesting.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea probably have the most favourable fixture list.

All about points though. Chelsea have been boring as fuck but they're at the summit.

Wouldn't say hands down. Everyone was cumming over Man City until a week and a half ago, I'd say they're still narrowly ahead in terms of the season overall in that regard. You've been better than Arsenal though, and considering how much everyone likes to pretend they're still brilliant to watch, that's a good thing.

pulga

Banned
Yep. And one of our wins was against Sunderland, where we got knocked out on penalties anyway.

Absolutely pissed by our concentration late on as well. Southampton, Cardiff and Fulham have all scored last minute equalisers that have taken six points off us.

that's absolutely horrible. Gotta buckle down and wait for the season to end so you can fire the slug and get a good manager. Hell, at this point would it be so bad to fire him anyway and just get an interim? Can't see it getting any worse.

You've become a bizarre shadow of the teams you've played against for the last 5 years, pumping crosses into the box for an aerial beast to clear with ease, and conceding last minute goals :p

LTWheels

My head is spinning, I'm getting carried away. Going from 7th to a legit title challenge in one season, without blowing the bank. Imagine it.

Thinking about it will only lead to disappointment, but these cunts are making me dare to dream again.

Yeah it's a bit ridiculous since we only really made one first team signing this summer and it's not as if we really use the others.

Testament to Rodgers and the players, and our academy. Rodger's been talking up Tiexeira. It will be great if a couple other of our academy players kick on next season. And suso's back as well.

Labadal

True, most exciting, but not always in the right way. Never know what our defenders might do, lol.

If we get 4th, I'll be very happy. Anything better than that is a bonus but nothing I expect.

Wilbur

Banned
that's absolutely horrible. Gotta buckle down and wait for the season to end so you can fire the slug and get a good manager. Hell, at this point would it be so bad to fire him anyway and just get an interim? Can't see it getting any worse.

I can't see it getting worse either - even with a defeat tomorrow, don't think many expected otherwise so it's the Fulham result that's the killer. Thing is, if it isn't going to get much worse then we might as well keep him until June at least. No one available that's good enough right now, so no point upsetting the apple cart for an interim that doesn't have the quality.

You've become a bizarre shadow of the teams you've played against for the last 5 years, pumping crosses into the box for an aerial beast to clear with ease, and conceding last minute goals :p

Indeed. I'm genuinely, genuinely disgusted with our performance on Sunday. No hyperbole, the worst I've ever seen us play. There's been 5-0 and 6-1 thrashings, awful clank clank which didn't even come close to that performance.

It was great, but I still think de Gea's against Sunderland is the best of the season.

Maybe the immediacy of the moment got the better of me
dPrJaGc.png

Marc

My head is spinning, I'm getting carried away. Going from 7th to a legit title challenge in one season, without blowing the bank. Imagine it.

Thinking about it will only lead to disappointment, but these cunts are making me dare to dream again.

Definitely my favourite team to watch this season, watching young players grow under Rodgers is great to see in this shite short termism league. Sterling has thankfully repaid the faith shown for such a young lad. Predicted Rodgers would end up with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling as a front three as it is so dynamic and fits his idea of football. Which is more along the lines of Rijkaard/Cate Barca of the rotating front 3, impossible to mark.

No matter what happens, you can be moral winners or whatever it is Wenger/Xavi spouts when they lose. :)

I think we might pick up a point at Spurs and maybe even Arsenal as they will have their eyes on the 2nd leg of their CL tie a few days later but at Anfield, SB and the Etihad the only thing I'm worried about is not doubling our negative GD.

SB is not the fortress it was, a draw seems on the cards for me, depends on which Hazard turns up I guess. A win has been close for a few teams this season, would be astounding if Gus pulled that off. Etihad I can't see you guys doing anything to be honest, although they aren't in the greatest form. Liverpool are amazing this season but Sunderland are everything Liverpool hates to play against, and like I said with the 3 at the back you got a chance. Its damn tight though, can see most teams getting draws and losses so the odd win can save you I reckon.

Congratulations to Benfica-GAF, especially Lambda and rvy. Fully deserved win for you guys. We were terrible today, clearly we are a completely different team without Willy Carvalho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pulga uses reddit now?

might as well support Inter then

Irish Messi, we found a buyer for your Merda shirts!

Clegg

Moyes can't be happy with the football we're playing. Unfortunately I don't think he's good enough to get us playing attractive football with the players he has. We have a poor midfield which imbalances the team so he wants to spend money on bringing in the best players. That's an indictment on his own coaching skills imo. Even though the squad is poor in some areas he should still have more ideas than simply pumping crosses into the box.

Midfield is worse than last season, defence is worse too. And we've seen from stastical analysis that United went from a team that could play centrally and out wide last season, to a team that doesn't do anything other than cross. Some of these are explainable. The defenders are on the way out and midfield is crap. But our attack should still be much more fluid. What is Moyes actually doing in training?

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone who still thinks Arsenal are winning the title needs to be lobotomised because there may well be almonds where a brain once lived

pulga

Banned
pulga uses reddit now?

might as well support Inter then

Irish Messi, we found a buyer for your Merda shirts!

gosh not you too

think of me as Frodo

braving a trek through Middle Earth to get to the fiery depths of Mordor, but instead of losing something I'm bringing back goods :3

I AM THE HOBBIT

H90q8k1.gif

Definitely my favourite team to watch this season, watching young players grow under Rodgers is great to see in this shite short termism league. Sterling has thankfully repaid the faith shown for such a young lad. Predicted Rodgers would end up with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling as a front three as it is so dynamic and fits his idea of football. Which is more along the lines of Rijkaard/Cate Barca of the rotating front 3, impossible to mark.

No matter what happens, you can be moral winners or whatever it is Wenger/Xavi spouts when they lose. :)

I'll be honest, I think Wenger gets a bad rap for that. As far as I can tell, he's always said that even if it's not the football he likes to see, no method of playing is more legitimate than another, and effectiveness is all that really matters.

Xavi though, now that's one pretentious, arrogant, sneering son of a bitch :p

We need to figure out a way of keeping it tight at the back and dominating possession, without sacrificing the spark that made the front 4 such a joy to watch against Everton and Arsenal. That's where we're falling over, aside from individual defensive/goalkeeping mistakes.

Wilbur

Banned
Moyes can't be happy with the football we're playing. Unfortunately I don't think he's good enough to get us playing attractive football with the players he has. We have a poor midfield which imbalances the team so he wants to spend money on bringing in the best players. That's an indictment on his own coaching skills imo. Even though the squad is poor in some areas he should still have more ideas than simply pumping crosses into the box.

Midfield is worse than last season, defence is worse too. And we've seen from stastical analysis that United went from a team that could play centrally and out wide last season, to a team that doesn't do anything other cross. Some of these are explainable. The defenders are on the way out and midfield is crap. But our attack should still be much more fluid. What is Moyes actually doing in training?

What is a tad perplexing is that - for all of Everton's emphasis on wing play - I think they were a fast, vibrant attacking unit last season. So why he can't replicate that with our team I don't really know. Aside from there being no obvious target for crosses of course.

wedward

Midfield is worse than last season, defence is worse too. And we've seen from stastical analysis that United went from a team that could play centrally and out wide last season, to a team that doesn't do anything other cross. Some of these are explainable. The defenders are on the way out and midfield is crap. But our attack should still be much more fluid. What is Moyes actually doing in training?

He spent the past 11 years essentially playing conservative, defensive football. Everton played some nice stuff at times, but they rarely were an attractive side.

I think it's hard for a manager to go from doing that for 11 years, to playing attractive football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
who recommended Wolfmother again? Thanks!

not feeling Interpol, they sound too much like The Killers! I'll give them a listen again tomorrow though.

gosh not you too

think of me as Frodo

braving a trek through Middle Earth to get to the fiery depths of Mordor, but instead of losing something I'm bringing back goods :3

I AM THE HOBBIT

I'll always love you Sir pulg. I wish u nothing but g'luck. As long as it makes u happy

I hope u die though

Mastadon

Banned
Fuck I haven't felt this nervous about a game for a long while. It just feels like a real litmus test for us. We've shown we can turn up against the better teams, but it'd be so Liverpool of us to draw or lose to the bottom placed club.

I think we'll win, but fuck I just want it out the way.

At least the Arsenal v United game should provide some lols. Whoever loses, we win.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys pls help. My first Dylan essay, there was 15 questions to pick from for a 2000 word piece. I've narrowed it down to three:

* Analyse the picture of America that emerges from Dylan’s lyrics
* By concentrating on the sound of the songs, identify and discuss a range of moods you find in Dylan’s work
* Critically consider the representation of love and/or women in early Dylan lyrics

I'm edging towards the last one but that's because it's the easiest and I reckon everyone might go for that one

please help me and my life

pulga yurt says hope u die is a joke

You know what's bullshit?

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.

pulga

Banned
who recommended Wolfmother again? Thanks!

not feeling Interpol, they sound too much like The Killers! I'll give them a listen again tomorrow though.

I'll always love you Sir pulg. I wish u nothing but g'luck. As long as it makes u happy

I hope u die though

DHEy381.gif

pls listen to Joker and the Thief

Wilbur

Banned
You know what's bullshit?

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.

this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom