• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
di-2e69ufaxd.gif

Frogie <3 can't help but miss him really, seeing Moyes on your sideline is such a drab

wedward

How confident are you really? History tells me Arsenal will play defensive and within themselves tomorrow after the Liverpool game and lose 1-0.

We are the more talented squad. If we come out and play well from the first minute we should win.

I don't think we are going to hold back. The boys will be up for it.

--------GIROUD
SANTI-OZIL-GNARBY
---ARTETA JACK
GIBBS KOS PER SAGNA

wouldn't be surprised if Rosicky started instead of Santi.

Yeah, fair point. I'd love to know what actually went on with Mourinho. Chelsea and Man Utd

He obviously knew he wasn't gonna be at Madrid this year, and Chelsea knew they'd be without a manager as even if Rafa came second and won a cup double, the fans wouldn;t have accepted him. But Man Utd must have thought about asking him, even if no official enquiries were ever made.

I like how he randomly told Carragher when Real played United lol

,After that, the conversation turned to the Premier League and he casually dropped into the conversation that one of his children would be starting in school in London. There was a shrug of the shoulders and a grin. It was obvious he was going back to Chelsea.

Lightning

Banned
I know you have a terrible record against Utd recently, but this isn't that Utd team. I think you'll win quite comfortable, although a draw or Utd win would be wonderful.

I like these type of games because I'll be happy whatever the result.
Hoping Fulham frustrate the life out of Liverpool tomorrow.

jtb

Banned
How confident are you really? History tells me Arsenal will play defensive and within themselves tomorrow after the Liverpool game and lose 1-0.

I suspect we'll draw, just like we did against Chelsea after losing to City. a "good" result, only because it's not a rout even though one point is not good enough. not a bounce back but not another disaster either.

We are the more talented squad. If we come out and play well from the first minute we should win.

I don't think we are going to hold back. The boys will be up for it.

--------GIROUD
SANTI-OZIL-GNARBY
---ARTETA JACK
GIBBS KOS PER SAGNA

wouldn't be surprised if Rosicky started instead of Santi.

Genuine question, did you think you had the more talented squad last season? Bearing in mind that you've both only really strengthened with one player, Ozil and Mata, and neither has lost anyone

I like how he randomly told Carragher when Real played United lol

Ha.

So Man Utd wouldn't have had a chance even if they'd asked.

Think an early goal is a necessity tomorrow. Not sure we have it in us to grind a win even when being frustrated.

City have no chance without Aguero and Negredo. CB is easily Barca's biggest weakness, and I wouldn't trust Dzeko or Jovetic to exploit that

Mastadon

Banned
Predictions for tomorrow:

Arsenal 3 - 1 Man Utd
Everton 1 - 1 Palace
City 4 - 2 Sunderland
Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs
Stoke 1 - 1 Swansea
Fulham 0 - 3 Liverpool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OMG jtb is here

hair-spray-2-gif.gif

(i'll act cool and post something intelligent to impress him)

You know what's bullshit?

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.

Messi

serious question, why are Barcelona so cheap with transfers (not counting Nerman)? the have needed defenders for like 3 seasons now

They want to develop Bartra instead of buying talent. Its a philosophy thing. But they will buy a CB this summer.

Look at Messi

2oMiDWM.jpeg

Probably cooking for his mistress the cunt.

wedward

Genuine question, did you think you had the more talented squad last season? Bearing in mind that you've both only really strengthened with one player, Ozil and Mata, and neither has lost anyone

It's the same squad but I think they are playing better as a team this year.

The back line is more stable. Szhh has had a complete 180. Jack is playing better. Giroud as well.

Last season we should have beat them at home but another dumb individual mistake cost us the game. Aside from the Liverpool game, we have made very few individual mistakes. They killed our season last year.

Flamini is suspended but he has definitely improved our squad.

Talented was probably the wrong word. I think right now we have the better squad, factoring in current form and them having a shit manager.

Fergie

Banned
Arsenal 2 - 1 Man Utd
Everton 1 - 1 Palace
City 3 - 1 Sunderland
Newcastle 0 - 4 Spurs
Stoke 0 - 20 Swansea
Fulham 1 - 3 Liverpool

Elchele

They want to develop Bartra instead of buying talent. Its a philosophy thing. But they will buy a CB this summer.

Look at Messi

2oMiDWM.jpeg

sounds like bs
That didn't stop Barcelona from buying Nerman instead of giving Deulofeu a spot in the first team.

serious question, why are Barcelona so cheap with transfers (not counting Nerman)? the have needed defenders for like 3 seasons now

reminding Tata of the contract clauses

The relationship between Barca and defenders is the equivalent of the relationship between United and midfielders. Barca use midfielders to cover as cbs and never buy them.

K1LLER7

OMG jtb is here

hair-spray-2-gif.gif

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.
I see plagerism here :p

Look at Messi

2oMiDWM.jpeg

Cooking a new batch of HGH.

Man City are already dead.

Arnie

Yep. Like A Rolling Stone alone could have 500 words written about it, with its picture of homelessness, being taken advantage of, the ability to coast through early life only to find that when it comes to making it on your own you have nothing to help you

And, if the wording of the question allows, you can obviously write a mini-essay about the revolutionary undercurrent of the 60s movement presented in The Times They Are A-Changing
Holy fucking shit I'm legitimately giggling.

And I'm absolutely bollock naked so my genitals are hiccoughing around as I do so.

You can obviously write a mini-essay about the revolutionary undercurrent presented in a fucking three and a half minute series of bleeps and bloops. I'm surprised more kids aren't doing it.
Sturridge is on 1 goal per 90 mins this season.

Only 1 player in Prem history has equalled that: Ronaldo in 2007/8. However when you remove the 4 pens that Ronaldo took, his rate is actually 0.89.

Hope Sturridge can keep it up.
You should be talking about that, not some glorified Olly Murs guff.
Hoping Fulham frustrate the life out of Liverpool tomorrow.
This is concerning me.

We need an early goal in this one, and we need to start on the front foot. None of that West Brom shite.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy fucking shit I'm legitimately giggling.

And I'm absolutely bollock naked so my genitals are hiccoughing around as I do so.

You can obviously write a mini-essay about the revolutionary undercurrent presented in a fucking three and a half minute series of bleeps and bloops. I'm surprised more kids aren't doing it.

You should be talking about that, not some glorified Olly Murs guff.

This is concerning me.

We need an early goal in this one, and we need to start on the front foot. None of that West Brom shite.

a) Like A Rolling Stone is six minutes
b) please point out to me the bleeps and bloops
c) go fucking choke on cheese

It's the same squad but I think they are playing better as a team this year.

The back line is more stable. Szhh has had a complete 180. Jack is playing better. Giroud as well.

Last season we should have beat them at home but another dumb individual mistake cost us the game. Aside from the Liverpool game, we have made very few individual mistakes. They killed our season last year.

Yeah. Man Utd have declined across the board aside from De Gea and Young (obviously Januzaj as well) while your entire back 4 have improved (especially Sagna), Flamini's added steel that is much needed with Arteta having a disappointing season, and Giroud is doing okay just keeping the ball alive in dangerous positions, even when he isn't scoring.

Plus Ramsey was beasting until December, which obviously helped :p

A few of your players are having much worse seasons than they did last though, surprisingly, namely Podolski, Cazorla (up until the new year at least) and Walcott (injury)

At the very least, your squad has improved while their's has declined. The extents are debatable though

scently

Exactly. Personally, I was ready to give him time, not just because its hard to follow Fergie, but also because he immediately identified the weak areas in our team that really needs fixing. But fast forward to the present and he still hasn't done that despite having 2 windows to do it.

But the main reason I want him out is that he and his coaching crew don't have any tactical knowledge. Under Fergie last season our football wasn't the best but in some games eg. the Madrid games, I was so impressed by Fergie and the coaching crew's tactical set up to that game. But under Moyes, our football has gotten progressively worse and we don't have any tactics apart from lobbing in crosses. Not just crosses but really bad crosses.

You have to play to the strength of your players. The talents we have upfront suggest that we should play and attack through the middle with the occasional cross from our fullbacks yet in a game against the team at the bottom of the league we kept crossing and crossing and crossing even though it was clear that it was not working. At some point you have to say "hmmm, this isn't working. We need to change this up. Instead we went on to deliver 82 crosses. WOW.

Its one thing to buy the players we need but we also need tactics when we come up against difficult opposition. My fear is that Moyes will be given the money to purchase who he wants but we will not be tactically modern enough to compete up there in the league and especially against the best teams in Europe.

Really, all Moyes has to do to get me to back him is to start changing our style of play, and tactics. Even if it fails, at least we will know why instead of this dogmatic adherence to shitty wing play with ridiculously over the top crosses to players who are better at other style of play. This really shouldn't be this hard.

pulga

Banned
I swear it to the old gods and the new. I fell asleep multiple times during the course of the film. The only reason I would wake from my slumber was due to loud gunfire or action scenes. This happened in the Cinema.

pls y u gotta make me break out the 'old' jokes

m-must...resist...

wedward

Yeah. Man Utd have declined across the board aside from De Gea and Young (obviously Januzaj as well) while your entire back 4 have improved (especially Sagna), Flamini's added steel that is much needed with Arteta having a disappointing season, and Giroud is doing okay just keeping the ball alive in dangerous positions, even when he isn't scoring.

Plus Ramsey was beasting until December, which obviously helped :p

A few of your players are having much worse seasons than they did last though, surprisingly, namely Podolski, Cazorla (up until the new year at least) and Walcott (injury)

At the very least, your squad has improved while their's has declined. The extents are debatable though

Agree with all of that. I think aside from the Liverpool drubbing we are in ok form. Not playing great, but still picking up the points. Man United though are arguably in their worst form in years. If it were at Old Trafford I would not be confident.

I think the boys and the fans will be up for this one.

Going top again should be a big motivator for the squad.

Arnie

There's a formula to impressing jtb if you're really that eager:

Reject common perception of a critically acclaimed film + praise a film that's disregarded by the majority x obnoxious comment about Liverpool = s u c c e s s

BR-CELEBRATES.gif

sorry, the music talk wound me up

Arnie

a) Like A Rolling Stone is six minutes
b) please point out to me the bleeps and bloops
c) go fucking choke on cheese
a) Re-read both posts
b) 'beeps and bloops', 'twangs and prangs', 'boom and shloom' - I'm simply referring to sounds
c) If I do not let cheese near my gob that isn't likely to occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom