• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Guys pls help. My first Dylan essay, there was 15 questions to pick from for a 2000 word piece. I've narrowed it down to three:

* Analyse the picture of America that emerges from Dylan’s lyrics
* By concentrating on the sound of the songs, identify and discuss a range of moods you find in Dylan’s work
* Critically consider the representation of love and/or women in early Dylan lyrics

I'm edging towards the last one but that's because it's the easiest and I reckon everyone might go for that one

please help me and my life

pulga yurt says hope u die is a joke

That second one is bollocks, wouldn't fancy that at all. I think the first one is the easier of the three. It has the most scope.

rvy

Banned
No baby, no baby, no baby
No, no, no

If you take your love away from me
Ill go crazy, Ill go insane

No, no, no
No, no, no

You've got your problems baby and Ive got mine
Lets just spend it all by putting it together, yeah
When you say you love me it don't mean a thing
If you care, you'll be there, like you used to be, yeah

pulga

Banned
Yeah too many bayern fans.

BopI5sd.gif

Wilbur

Banned
That second one is bollocks, wouldn't fancy that at all. I think the first one is the easier of the three. It has the most scope.

Probably; doesn't limit itself to early work as well which is good. Was going to go for that I think, after hesitating on the love one.

Second one I think would be far more interesting for me to read than write.

Fergie

Banned
You know what's bullshit?

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.
ibjaahdWT5Fgts.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Probably; doesn't limit itself to early work as well which is good. Was going to go for that I think, after hesitating on the love one.

Second one I think would be far more interesting for me to read than write.

There is a wealth of interesting shit happening politically and culturally in America that I presume are reflected in his lyrics. I don't know enough about Dylan to be honest, but there's so much stuff you could cover.

The second one just seems really narrow. I wouldn't know where to start.

Yep. Like A Rolling Stone alone could have 500 words written about it, with its picture of homelessness, being taken advantage of, the ability to coast through early life only to find that when it comes to making it on your own you have nothing to help you

And, if the wording of the question allows, you can obviously write a mini-essay about the revolutionary undercurrent of the 60s movement presented in The Times They Are A-Changing

Guys pls help. My first Dylan essay, there was 15 questions to pick from for a 2000 word piece. I've narrowed it down to three:

* By concentrating on the sound of the songs, identify and discuss a range of moods you find in Dylan’s work
* Critically consider the representation of love and/or women in early Dylan lyrics

I'm edging towards the last one but that's because it's the easiest and I reckon everyone might go for that one

I like the sound of number 2, because I can feel his mood based on his voice, but it's honestly too hard. It would feel like you would have to stretch it.

#3 is probably the best. #1 is probably the easiest.

Wilbur

Banned
Think I'll go for 1. Cheers lads.

3's probably the easiest to do but 1 has the most scope, as you say. Even a title like Highway 61 or Nashville skyline I could write fucking loads about

pulga

Banned

fuck everyone else, go for number three. i cant even recall a bob dylan song by heart and even I could write number three

LTWheels

Sturridge is on 1 goal per 90 mins this season.

Only 1 player in Prem history has equalled that: Ronaldo in 2007/8. However when you remove the 4 pens that Ronaldo took, his rate is actually 0.89.

Hope Sturridge can keep it up.

Mastadon

Banned
Yep. Like A Rolling Stone alone could have 500 words written about it, with its picture of homelessness, being taken advantage of, the ability to coast through early life only to find that when it comes to making it on your own you have nothing to help you

And, if the wording of the question allows, you can obviously write a mini-essay about the revolutionary undercurrent of the 60s movement presented in The Times They Are A-Changing

Exactly. Then you have songs that touch on cultural events like the Oxford riots, cold war, Vietnam, Cuban Missle Crisis etc.

Only 1 player in Prem history has equalled that: Ronaldo in 2007/8. However when you remove the 4 pens that Ronaldo took, his rate is actually 0.89.

Even though he's slowed down since Sturridge has come back, Suarez is still on well over a goal a game isn't he?

K1LLER7

So do the winners of next season's Europa League get a place in the following CL?

May be our best bet of getting a place next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
KidA is so intelligent <3

we can talk for hours after sex about everything <3

-

LOOL Wilbs PLEASE ASK ARNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you guys say Rafa to Chelsea was high-risk, or low-risk, for Rafa himself?

On the one hand, it would have only taken about 3 weeks of bad form near the beginning an he'd have been immediately out on his arse, having been sacked from his previous 2 jobs already

On the other, under Roman and with fans who hated him being there from the off, that's a pretty big mitigiating set of circumstances to have surrounding any potential sacking

Glad it worked out well for him and put him back on the map to an extent

he's got a private account and wilbs is his only follower

does he just talk with willy all day

WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT ME

you w0t m8, i'm follwong him too and he's following me. we are talking about you. group talking. about the small shits you take. while bragging about them being big. small shitter.

Meier

I calculated Sergio's goals per minute the other day: 1745 minutes, 26 goals, 67 minutes per goal. I forget the number as it was solely related to the Premier League, but it was significantly under 1 per 90 so there could be two players to do it this season.

Leg-End

You know what's bullshit?

The excuse that it's hard for Moyes to succeed Fergie. Such a shit excuse.The only way that excuse would be valid is if the 27 years under Fergie spoiled United fans to the point where Moyes would have to have immediate success. We all know that isn't true though. Almost every United fan expected a transition, with no titles, and only expected a top 4 finish. People weren't expecting titles because of the difficulty to succeed Fergie.

Moyes has also had the backing of the club and the fans. The fans still sing his name to this day despite his performance being shit. He's only getting shitted on online and among conversations between fans. There's still fans that want to give him time due to Fergie's speech and falling in love with the idea that United are different from every club because they give managers time.

You know who had it harder? Rafa, that fat fuck. He had no pre season, no summer transfer window, acquired the 6th placed PL team that was in 3rd, and had fans shitting on him from day one. That Chelsea squad wasn't even better than this current United squad. Even after all this he still got Chelsea to finish 3rd, and win the Europa League.

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Would you guys say Rafa to Chelsea was high-risk, or low-risk, for Rafa himself?

On the one hand, it would have only taken about 3 weeks of bad form near the beginning an he'd have been immediately out on his arse, having been sacked from his previous 2 jobs already

On the other, under Roman and with fans who hated him being there from the off, that's a pretty big mitigiating set of circumstances to have surrounding any potential sacking

I think Rafa was fairly sure that he wasn't going to get fired (and no one other than him believed he would go until the end of the season either). Mourinho coming seemed to already be in the works in one way or the other and Rafa only got his small ass contract. Who would Chelsea even have replaced him with that was willing to come in just for a few months? Is Avram Grant still on the market? Was obviously worth it just for people to remember his fat ass was still alive and hoping for a job.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm barfing just thinking about writing about that shit.

Arnie has affected me.

1. Write about the cultural climate in Denmark when Gay was formed

Exactly. Then you have songs that touch on cultural events like the Oxford riots, cold war, Vietnam, Cuban Missle Crisis etc.

Yeah, this is great. Cheers boys.

is he the one who sings piano man

i love piano man

wish i could play the piano

that's maroon five you're thinking of

KidA is so intelligent <3

we can talk for hours after sex about everything <3

-

LOOL Wilbs PLEASE ASK ARNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll tell me to write about something useful like how to butter bread with a pencil

he's got a private account and wilbs is his only follower

does he just talk with willy all day

WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT ME

sun.png

It was a risk. They hated him, he had the balls to say yes in the first place and he did well with them. Good stuff on him.

pulga

Banned
wilbs this is just for you

@SocialRMadrid: Real Madrid in 2014

- 12 games
- 11 wins
- 1 draw
- 27 goals
- 10 clean sheets
- 3 goal conceded

pretty similar eh
Uus4Plt.png

I think Rafa was fairly sure that he wasn't going to get fired. Mourinho coming seemed to already be in the works in one way or the other and Rafa only got his small ass contract. Who would Chelsea even have replaced him with that was willing to come in just for a few months? Is Avram Grant still on the market? Was obviously worth it just for people to remember his fat ass was still alive and hoping for a job.

Yeah, fair point. I'd love to know what actually went on with Mourinho. Chelsea and Man Utd

He obviously knew he wasn't gonna be at Madrid this year, and Chelsea knew they'd be without a manager as even if Rafa came second and won a cup double, the fans wouldn;t have accepted him. But Man Utd must have thought about asking him, even if no official enquiries were ever made.

Mastadon

Banned
How confident are you really? History tells me Arsenal will play defensive and within themselves tomorrow after the Liverpool game and lose 1-0.

I know you have a terrible record against Utd recently, but this isn't that Utd team. I think you'll win quite comfortable, although a draw or Utd win would be wonderful.

I like these type of games because I'll be happy whatever the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom