• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

The movie equivalent of Moyes then? Sucks hard, but has a great predecessor?
Lol yeah. Wilbur, write an essay pls.

I swear it to the old gods and the new. I fell asleep multiple times during the course of the film. The only reason I would wake from my slumber was due to loud gunfire or action scenes. This happened in the Cinema.

tumblr_m5ul2dfPIN1qe88g8.gif

You probably fell asleep because of your old age :p

Wilbur

Banned
I really enjoyed Inception the first time I watched it, but it really falls apart on subsequent rewatches and the novelty wears off.

My exact feelings. Having to sit through that hour of exposition and rules is tiresome. I skip it all until they start going into the dream again.

WJD

Fuck is it Nolan chart time again?

Memento > The Prestige > TDK > Batman Begins > Inception > Insomnia > Following > TDKR

pulga

Banned
watching Inception at IMAX after consuming a spacecake has been the most mind-bending cinema experience ever for me

lsd-mushroom-experience.gif

wedward

Interstellar is going to be his best movie since Memento.

Even though the story sounds like absolute garbage.

McConaughey is going to bring it.

FootballFan

Hopefully we'll be seeing each other in two finals this year

dont think Estadio da Luz will be able to handle it though...

BgNUdjTCIAA2TJ8.png

Lambda pls

Would be a pretty intense Champions League final between us.

"Can Madrid claim their 10th title while defeating their arch rivals and superior football club FC Barcelona?"

GAF would burn.

jtb

Banned
TDK is alright until those last thirty minutes. also nothing in the movie makes any goddamn sense

batman begins, however, is fucking amazing. best superhero movie w/ spiderman 2 and the incredibles

Wilbur

Banned
If we win tomorrow I'll change my avatar to a picture of Morgan freeman

Title made me burst out laughing. Why do you do this to me, you quail egg

Interstellar is going to be his best movie since Memento.

Even though the story sounds like absolute garbage.

McConaughey is going to bring it.

I wonder if the McConaissance will ever end. He's fantastic but he's gonna have a dud sometimes.

El Shaarawy: "I turned down a big offer from Russia (in summer) because I want to be great again with this team"

This means we accepted an offer from Anzhi over the summer for El Sha. Fuck Galliani, no ambition, etc. etc.

Thankfully Stephen wanted to stay.

wedward

If we win tomorrow I'll change my avatar to a picture of Morgan freeman

Title made me burst out laughing. Why do you do this to me, you quail egg

I wonder if the McConaissance will ever end. He's fantastic but he's gonna have a dud sometimes.

If he is in a dud I don't think it will be because of him. He will always pull his weight. He might chose a shit script.

LTWheels

prestige > batman begins > inception > tdk > tdkr

Not seen memento

Also Spider-Man is shit. Stupid superhero, don't see the appeal. In fact I think nearly all superhero stuff is stupid. Only like Batman and to a lesser extent the concept of the x-men.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh shit I forgot about insomnia. That was good too.

TDK is alright until those last thirty minutes. also nothing in the movie makes any goddamn sense

batman begins, however, is fucking amazing. best superhero movie w/ spiderman 2 and the incredibles

I think the way Batman takes out the swat guys, Ledger's last lines, Eckhart and oldman's performances and the score when Harvey's got little Gordon make that half hour more than worth it.

As for Memento being so low, I think its conceit is more remarkable than the film itself, which has a great lead performance and is well written but more from a structural point of view rather than something that lends itself especially well to rewatches.

jtb

Banned
interstellar has a chance of being good because the original script was done by his brother, who is a much more competent writer

Wilbur

Banned
Team for tomorrow is going to be

DDG; Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Mata; Rooney, RVP

If he is in a dud I don't think it will be because of him. He will always pull his weight. He might chose a shit script.

True. He's on a remarkable run though. Not a dud since 2009.

jtb

Banned
Of course, he writes Person of Interest, which is GOAT tier ;)

does he really? I thought he was more of the JJ Abrams type, shoot the pilot and whore out his name for money while other people do the heavy lifting. just kidding then, interstellar is doomed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom