• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
i6uHWaFjjLaPd.gif

Damn his daughter is hot

Clegg

I implore everyone to read Daniel Taylor's column in the guardian about Moyes presser.

I think the poor man has finally cracked under the pressure.

Wilbur

Banned
seeing a 4-4-2 in modern day football make me throughly uncomfortable

Nothing wrong with 4-4-2 provided you have the personnel. City have managed fine with it all season.

f u c k

that is sublime

that gif > the moyes celebration gif

the moyes celebration gif is good but the writing doesn't hold up on multiple rewatches and my crotch itched during the 16th viewing

I don't enjoy this version of you

Isn't your entire life based around overelaborating so you can sell shit to people

What is it you do again

I forgot

Arnie?

Arnie?

wedward

Giroud "Have I asked him to join Arsenal? Yes, I have with Lolo [Laurent Koscielny]. He would have liked to, he would quite like to. You will have to ask him the question."

Lloris can be Szhz's backup.

Leg-End

I implore everyone to read Daniel Taylor's column in the guardian about Moyes presser.

I think the poor man has finally cracked under the pressure.

So Moyes is starting to get arsey with press, the same press that has given him a pretty easy ride considering the shit state he has his team in.

He's so clearly not up to it.

YES! I LOVED Super Hexagon

this is seriously good omg <3

You know how sometimes if you love something you gotta set it free or something like that? when playing super hexagon 5 in the morning feeling my insanity shooting through the roof i reached that point.

actually i hate that game

but i like it

but fuck that

pulga

Banned
Steam or his won site for 2 or so euros i think.

super hexagon fucks much more with your mind though, all those changes and the music... and the colours...

lol trying to get people to play super hexagon was such a pain in the ass

YOURE THE LITTLE TRIANGLE

AVOID THE WALLS

THE FUCKING WALLS

RIGHT GOES LEFT

SAJKNDKSD

GIMME MY IPAD BACK

K1LLER7

Report on Moyes P.Conference, which Clegg referred too earlier:-

At the end of a terse press conference on Tuesday it was not easy to know what to make of David Moyes' state of mind – other than to say he is growing resentful at the scrutiny that working for a club of Manchester United's size can bring.

The tone was set when the man from Sky offered a standard "good afternoon" and Moyes stared straight back. He then proceeded to say as little as possible before a bizarre sketch at the end when he was asked about the team's mid-season trip to Dubai – they leave on Thursday on Wednesday– while he was making his way to the door. Pretending he had not heard the question, he strode out. It was an expert blanking, missing only a talk-to-the-hand speech bubble. Moyes accepted later that he had heard every word.

Too much can be read into these events sometimes but it certainly offers an insight into Moyes' current mind-set when he is willing to give the television crews only three minutes of his time.

What quickly became evident was that this was not going to be a time for forensic analysis. His players had been "terrific," he said. "The players are doing great. I think I've got a great group of players. I'm very fortunate I took over the champions and I think the players have been terrific."

It was gently pointed out that his team were 21 points worse off than at this stage last season. "Well, I was at Everton so I wasn't 21 points worse off," he replied. "I was at Everton."

OK, but United, how has it gone that way? "The improvement in the teams in the Premier League has been big," he said. "There have been a lot of improvements from sides in the Premier League and obviously we've not done as well." That was about as expansive as it became.

There were little clues, however. Moyes was clearly unhappy at the reaction to the 2-2 draw with Fulham the Premier League's bottom club, and the focus on his team knocking cross after cross into the penalty area. "You need to have a football intelligence, a football brain, to understand first of all," he said of his tactics.

René Meulensteen, Fulham's manager, had said United were predictable and their young defender, Dan Burn, had talked about Conference-style tactics. "Yeah, well, I thought only one team came to win," Moyes said. "But you [media] watched it yourselves, so it was probably a game for you to write how badly Manchester United had done, rather than what the opposition played like."

Was he disappointed, after the signing of Juan Mata, that his players had not reacted better? "Who's not reacted?" Moyes shot back. The team? "Yeah, but we played well against Fulham and should have won the game so, if you take that, I would have to disagree."

Was it time to try something different? "I disagree with that as well." Even though the results are not what they should be? "I can only give you my answer. I disagree." More staring.

A poll by the Red Issue fanzine has shown Moyes has lost some of the crowd's backing recently. In January 7% of supporters wanted him sacked, with 20% saying they would give him until the end of the season. It is now 17% wanting him out now and 32% preferring a summer change. It has also emerged that United have briefed their stewards about the possibility of a new wave of protests against the Glazer family. Stewards have also been warned about a possible pay cut if the club do not qualify for the Champions League.

Another questioner pointed out that at a different club the supporters might have been hounding him out by now. That was maybe the only time Moyes agreed. "That's why the right clubs pick the right managers and the right managers pick the right clubs. You pick clubs where you know it is the right place for you.

"I was given a six-year contract because it was a long-term deal. It was always going to take time. There is rebuilding going on year after year here and we will continue to try to do that."

By the end, however, Moyes could scarcely go through the motions when he was asked whether the team had to reproduce the form they showed when beating Arsenal at Old Trafford earlier in the season. He just nodded and stared. So, to clarify, did he think they could reproduce that level? "Yeah, I think we can." Could he explain? "Because we have done it before." It has been a long time, though. "You asked me a question about Arsenal and I am just answering your question. I think we can."

And then he was off, without a single look back.
This guy is broken

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Moyes. I'm all about graduate schemes now.

Gonna finish mean streets and then look at this stuff Arnold. Pray for me Argentina. Slip Lisa Rodgers a fiver

wedward

Report on Moyes P.Conference, which Clegg referred too earlier:-

This guy is broken

I don't think Arnie should read this. He might die of laughter before the end.

It was gently pointed out that his team were 21 points worse off than at this stage last season. "Well, I was at Everton so I wasn't 21 points worse off," he replied. "I was at Everton."

Holy fuck. Dude is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom