• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
United wins 3-1.

Arsenal 4-0

ilFIpz3gDM5j3.gif

subtles

I need to go to bed.

oh unwary souls
not yet tainted by madness
do not sip the Kool-Aid

it will wrought upon you a heavy heart
burden you with trials you cannot bear

you speak a sentiment
even if in jest
about an opinion
you just switched crests

this place haunts me; my body, my soul

cleverley is buttner and buttner is cleverley

remember those men in your prayers
for they are god's righteous men

I hope this doesn't happen tomorrow.

tumblr_mx4yfuWO2O1sefjuxo1_500.gif

good night

Rad-

I should be worried because we suck now but for some reason I am not. Maybe it's because it's Arsenal and they still somehow will lose to us.

0-0 bore draw.

This is what I am expecting.

I don't care if we win or draw
of course I want to win
, but what I really want it a confidence inspiring performance. If we play like shit and get a scrappy goal then I will be worried. For the next few games. A great performance and then at least I know this team still has self belief.

Also I am not gonna quote the Ozil posts becauaw I am on my phone. But yes he does create chances and makes good players better. But he has completely disappeared in some of fhe biggest games of the season.

And yes the money does make a huge difference. A 42 million quid player has a lot different expectations than a 10 -15 million player. Ozil is expected to be the world class performer for us regardless of the team we face. I know it is not in his nature to go blasting shots, but I would at least expect one of the best number 10s in the world to try and get himself in more goal scoring situations.

I

subtles

For the longest time I though that Fabio and Rafael being twins was some sort of elaborate joke. I was quite shocked when I found out they really are twins.

I also thought that Tiote-Cabaye was one player. A black player from one of the French colonies.

What are some of your football related misunderstandings?

For some reason tonight I thought Cleverley was thin, Dutch, had a tattoo and was gap toothed.

I hate Tumblr tags.

Ashes

Banned
Shame on Arsenal if they can't score past the best left back in the league. I say best, though defensively probably the worst.

FuturusX

It was gently pointed out that his team were 21 points worse off than at this stage last season. "Well, I was at Everton so I wasn't 21 points worse off," he replied. "I was at Everton."

.....wow

Ashes

Banned
Let the anger simmer Moyes. Need to kick some players arses now. Too much complacency. Too many mistakes happening this season.

Let the anger simmer Moyes. Need to kick some players arses now. Too much complacency. Too many mistakes happening this season.

Eh, it's so obviously the coaching and tactics which invite those kind of mistakes. Psychology does matter but not to the extent of 81 crosses. Our only hope is that Arsenal typically under-perform against us and their title run appears to be dented at the same time of the season as usual. Or that Moyes has an epiphany and decides to maybe reconsider his byline-extravaganza, y'know, with all that football intelligence he has.

Ashes

Banned
Eh, it's so obviously the coaching and tactics which invite those kind of mistakes. Psychology does matter but not to the extent of 81 crosses. Our only hope is that Arsenal typically under-perform against us and their title run appears to be dented at the same time of the season as usual. Or that Moyes has an epiphany and decides to maybe reconsider his byline-extravaganza, y'know, with all that football intelligence he has.

We lost two points due to the catalogue of defensive errors. Not the bizzare 81 crosses which bear in mind did actually bare fruit. Maybe we would had scored 4 or 5 had we played differently but I doubt that.
2 goals conceded from 3 attempts is woeful defending. Though I suppose Valencia sub had a big effect on our defensive capability.

We lost two points due to the catalogue of defensive errors. Not the bizzare 81 crosses which bear in mind did actually bare fruit. Maybe we would had scored 4 or 5 had we played differently but I doubt that.
2 goals conceded from 3 attempts is woeful defending. Though I suppose Valencia sub had a big effect on our defensive capability.

That result is a short term negative. It isn't important. This result could have happened in any time of the year with the same defensive errors and nobody would have blamed Moyes. When mistakes happen over and over, the blame goes to the manager. Bad luck is what Moyes describes his tenure thus far. However, if luck is the only reason why United are in this situation, why is he needed? Another manager would have been in the same situation due to bad luck out of a manager's control. You can just as easily say that he has no effect on a season because luck decides a season. That just doesn't fly.

The long term negative is the attack. The Fulham game was the final straw for a lot of supporters. The crossing game has had a negative effect on United's entire play the whole season. The Fulham game served as the most glaring example of his shit tactics. The Mata signing filled United fans with hope that he would now have players that could play a more exciting brand of football, because clearly, the boring crosses weren't winning games. However, that did not change one bit since his arrival. That is why United fans are so frustrated at the 82 crosses. He's convinced everyone that his attacking philosophy will linger throughout his time at United.

I don't see complacency. I see a desire to still win from the players. That is evident when you see them celebrating goals. Remember Chicha at Sunderland? Januzaj crying after the penalties? RVP after scoring against Arsenal? Rooney after the 2nd Fulham goal?That desire doesn't mean a thing when the football being played isn't suited for our best players. If Moyes wants that type of football he should buy Crouch and Carroll. Two boring donkeys that drain the confidence out of the fans and players, just like Moyes is doing to United.

It was gently pointed out that his team were 21 points worse off than at this stage last season. "Well, I was at Everton so I wasn't 21 points worse off," he replied. "I was at Everton."

.....wow

Is Moyes even doing better than he was at Everton last season though? Someone dig up the stats.

Salazar

The long term negative is the attack. The Fulham game was the final straw for a lot of supporters. The crossing game has had a negative effect on United's entire play the whole season.

We're minimising the amount of time our most technically skilled players spend with the ball at their feet.

It makes no sense. Excellent strikers aren't going to be able to impose their excellence when you just feed them crosses. Unless they are Drogba. Or indeed Golden Era Big Andy.

Lightning

Banned
Moyes did not cross that much for Everton. It's not Moyes fault that Ashley Young is a United player and there will be transition. I wouldn't worry too much about the crossing, that will disappear as Moyes weeds out the players he doesn't want.

I doubt united will cross that much against Arsenal for example. I understand United's fans frustration but still feel Moyes deserves the chance from the fans too to win them over.

His failure will be a bad omen for young up and coming managers wanting a chance at a big club as clubs won't want the risk.

Salazar

I understand United's fans frustration but still feel Moyes deserves the chance from the fans too to win them over.

Nope.

Even the latest "Moyes is gud, I promise" testimony from former Everton players sounds fucking awful.

Kevin Kilbane saying that when Everton had a shit pre-season, Moyes came to the players and asked for their ideas.

In fucking pre-season. You tell them to get their fucking act together. You don't hold a brainstorming session.

And it highlights the dispiriting fact that RVP is very, very probably an immeasurably more subtle and comprehensive thinker about the game than Moyes.

Moyes did not cross that much for Everton. It's not Moyes fault that Ashley Young is a United player and there will be transition. I wouldn't worry too much about the crossing, that will disappear as Moyes weeds out the players he doesn't want.

He has RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Mata, and Januzaj. If he doesn't want to cross that much he has the players to play another way.

Everton fans have been saying his football is boring for ages now. If he didn't change then, he won't change now.

fuckin West Ham, why are they not last? they're worse than Stoke.

More clean sheets than any other team in the league and a good goal difference are what's keeping us up this year. Oh, and 3 back to back wins for the first time in the Premier League since 2007. Hopefully we pick up a win against Southampton, then we'll be in a good position to face Everton next month, plus Andy Carroll will be back by then. I can see us getting six or seven points from our next three games, which should leave us well out of the shit, if all goes to plan. Sorry to disappoint, but it's looking like we'll be around for next season.

Lightning

Banned
He has RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Mata, and Januzaj. If he doesn't want to cross that much he has the players to play another way.

Everton fans have been saying his football is boring for ages now. If he didn't change then, he won't change now.
Give him a chance. At Everton no matter the result he got no pressure they are Everton so was not forced to change, no issues at all. United will force the change, it's only a matter of time but he will adjust as the job dictates it. Everton no pressure, United high pressure not the same scenario.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What is it with West Brom and the big teams? How can they get so many draws against quality teams but be in such a bad position?

Lightning

Banned
What is it with West Brom and the big teams? How can they get so many draws against quality teams but be in such a bad position?
Letting in 3 goals against crystal palace, being up by 2 goals in both games against villa and only having 1 point to show for it. That sort of thing is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom