• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibqiDZoPW9vsTx.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVvWngpuzvk

Kinan

Lol, pls. That's the highest goal scorer in the history of the Ukrainian League, instrumental player in Dynamo's CL runs. 26 goals in 3 CL runs. A few bad years in England doesn't suddenly make someone one of the worst players ever.

Kinan will likely have a stroke if he sees your post.

Seriously, L1NETT, Rebrov is a fucking legend. He could have really shined in England as well, if Tottenham would have a somewhat more competent coaches or at least didn't change em so often. Invited by Graham, his first season was not stellar but ok, but than came Hoddle...

Also Tottenham didn't play in Europe in those years, and Rebrov was especially impressive there. Chose the wrong club, sadly...

Lambda, are you here, pal? What's Jesus saying here about Garay and Zenit?

http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=3681492

Google translate leaves me unsatisfied. Still though, cocks out.

"if Garay doesn't play, someone else will". classic Jesus.

More clean sheets than any other team in the league and a good goal difference are what's keeping us up this year. Oh, and 3 back to back wins for the first time in the Premier League since 2007. Hopefully we pick up a win against Southampton, then we'll be in a good position to face Everton next month, plus Andy Carroll will be back by then. I can see us getting six or seven points from our next three games, which should leave us well out of the shit, if all goes to plan. Sorry to disappoint, but it's looking like we'll be around for next season.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

West Ham staying up is a victory for 19th century football.

Higuain: "Juve spoke to my family, Napoli was the right choice. The scudetto? I still believe."

Never stop believing, Gonzalo.

Juve balked at the price Arsenal would pay. Then Wenger went on the mad Suarez chase and Napoli stepped in. Higuain wanted to go to Arsenal still, but then RM upped the price and Napoli got him

Seriously, L1NETT, Rebrov is a fucking legend. He could have really shined in England as well, if Tottenham would have a somewhat more competent coaches or at least didn't change em so often. Invited by Graham, his first season was not stellar but ok, but than came Hoddle...

Also Tottenham didn't play in Europe in those years, and Rebrov was especially impressive there. Chose the wrong club, sadly...
Rebrov and Sheva, Dynamo we're so good in the 90s. And just look at them now...why haven't you guys sacked Blokhin yet?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Yeah it's a shame. He tried too hard to recover from his thigh injury and now he's done his back. Six weeks apparently, Chiriches has the same injury.

I just hope he doesn't resent the club, AVB treated him like a dog. When he's fit he'll be like a new signing, he's started just 3 PL games.

Yeah it's a shame. He tried too hard to recover from his thigh injury and now he's done his back. Six weeks apparently, Chiriches has the same injury.

I just hope he doesn't resent the club, AVB treated him like a dog. When he's fit he'll be like a new signing, he's started just 3 PL games.

Not helped our season this either, when you consider we didn't even spend over what we brought in and have a £25-30 million player struggling to adapt and then injured for a long period.

GHG

I just don't see why Cavani would want to go. He is playing well and getting paid a ton. People go on about playing second fiddle to Ibra, but he knew what the deal was when he signed.

Plus I have a feeling this will be Ibra's last year in France. He doesn't ever really hang around anywhere longer than 2/3 years.

Would love to see him in England before he calls it a day.

Give him a chance. At Everton no matter the result he got no pressure they are Everton so was not forced to change, no issues at all. United will force the change, it's only a matter of time but he will adjust as the job dictates it. Everton no pressure, United high pressure not the same scenario.

I'm sorry, but where's the indication he will change? If he couldn't see the need to change tactics half-time against Fulham, what makes you think the penny will drop any time soon? That's a kind of stubborn rigidity which is hard to shift.

Plenty of Everton fans complained about his brand of football and he never changed. Moyes was excellent at managing expectations in the media because he got mid-table results for a club previously on the slide and the London press love propagating the successful veneer of a young, "hard-working" British manager in the PL. He's had a super easy ride so far; to say he deserves more of a chance is a laughable stretch.

Unless he snaps out of it, Moyes will get all the rope in the world (or just next season most probably) to hang himself with.

Feorax

Plus I have a feeling this will be Ibra's last year in France. He doesn't ever really hang around anywhere longer than 2/3 years.

Would love to see him in England before he calls it a day.

Chelsea would be a good destination for him. They could bin all of their strikers and buy him and Costa in the summer.

Tevez was a very sad case. If I'm not mistaken he was made captain and couldn't speak to his teammates.

Forlan is currently speaking portuguese too. Cerezo Osaka have a translator that speaks portuguese. The former manager was Brazilian and the foreign players were brazilian as well so that's probably why they're using him and the only way Forlan can communicate with him is to speak portuguese. :lol

Blablurn

Even more terrible when Dortmund gets another lesson in football with these kits again. But those BVB winterkits are such a smart idea.

I don't know what Dortmund and its winter shirts got to do with this Bayern away shirt looking terrible. It's bad, really awful. And you won't wear the away shirt against us, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom