• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guys why am I so scared about tonight?

If you support United you feel you are going to get smashed

If you support Arsenal you fear another humiliating defeat

Tbf Arsenal has more to lose than us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just take a look at the beautiful City of Enschede

Enschede.jpg

dem loose windows

K1LLER7

Is Fellaini fit for this? Fuck.

What about that anti-football fuckface Jones?
Don't think either are fit.

Regardless of tactics. I want Moyes to plays a front 4 of: RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj today. Fuck Young/Welbeck/Valencia. Adnan did well against Chelsea, look forward to seeing how he does against you guys.

Surely Moyes won't drop him again.

Fergie

Banned
KidA, do you think he'll make it at United? I've not watched much of him. Doesn't seem like he's at Adnan's level.
Might be 30mins extra, bit of traffic. :(

Jones and Fellaini might be seen as subs today.

I hope Fellaini starts, don't rush Jones back yet.

David Moyes has revealed that Phil Jones (concussion) & Marouane Fellaini (groin) are "in with a chance" of facing @Arsenal tomorrow. #mufc

Now that Mata is here, Adnan probably won't start games.

KidA, do you think he'll make it at United? I've not watched much of him. Doesn't seem like he's at Adnan's level.

He's not at that level. He's been performing better in the 2nd half of the season compared to the first. The thing is, even if he hasn't been performing well, I've been hesitant to write off his first half of the season. He's been playing behind the striker the whole season, even though I think his best position is a little deeper than that in midfield. I think the coaching staff is playing him there to develop his attacking qualities. It's similar to Janko. Janko plays well at rb, but tends to disappoint on the wing because his attacking quality isn't up to par and they keep playing him there.

Andreas has always shown he can shoot and score from distance, has great technique, and can provide a through pass every once in a while. He just needs to learn to operate in tighter spaces and improve on his ability to exploit smaller gaps. He only turned 18 last month so he has plenty of time to develop.

GHG

Don't think either are fit.

Regardless of tactics. I want Moyes to plays a front 4 of: RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj today. Fuck Young/Welbeck/Valencia. Adnan did well against Chelsea, look forward to seeing how he does against you guys.

Surely Moyes won't drop him again.

Moyes said he wont change his approach so I guess Young will probably start. Either way, I think Sagna should be able to handle either. More worried about the other side if Monreal starts as he'll be up against Mata.

Hope Kos and Mert have their heading hats on.

Hixx

@danroan 3m
Aston Villa tell me almost half the clubs in the Premier League are now interested in reintroducing standing to their stadia

Good. I fucking hate sitting at the football.

Yen

I was properly looking forward to teaching Austen this semester. Tell students to "be on the lookout" for smutty euphemisms and watch interpretative havoc break loose.

Funny how the associative brain works prior to a pasting from Arsenal. Flappy bird -> genital suffering -> Pride and Prejudice

I'd be rubbish at that. I managed to read most of Tess of the d'Urbervilles before realising she was
raped
in the first act.
I knew beforehand that this was part of the story, and "A Maiden No More" should've been a clue but I was like "Huh, she's pretty upset at this lie down she had."

K1LLER7

He's not at that level. He's been performing better in the 2nd half of the season compared to the first. The thing is, even if he hasn't been performing well, I've been hesitant to write off his first half of the season. He's been playing behind the striker the whole season, even though I think his best position is a little deeper than that in midfield. I think the coaching staff is playing him there to develop his attacking qualities. It's similar to Janko. Janko plays well at rb, but tends to disappoint on the wing because his attacking quality isn't up to par and they keep playing him there.

Andreas has always shown he can shoot and score from distance, has great technique, and can provide a through pass every once in a while. He just needs to learn to operate in tighter spaces and improve on his ability to exploit smaller gaps. He only turned 18 last month so he has plenty of time to develop.
Thought he was older haha. Hopefully he can develop into a top midfielder. Sounds like the type of player we need at the moment.

Moyes said he wont change his approach so I guess Young will probably start. Either way, I think Sagna should be able to handle either. More worried about the other side if Monreal starts as he'll be up against Mata.

Hope Kos and Mert have their heading hats on.
I think Adnan would give Sagna/Monreal more trouble than Young would. Think he would start on the right, Mata on the left. Plus he gives us more options, as he can play any of the attacking positions. Only worry is defending. Sagna is a good going forwards. Evra will need help on that side.

Meier

Tevez was a very sad case. If I'm not mistaken he was made captain and couldn't speak to his teammates.
I do that in FM all the time! Eder Alvarez Balanta, welcome to the club. Here's your armband!

But really, it's not like Tevez was an 80 year old abuelita. I'm sure he spoke some English -- enough to communicate with his teammates about the game at least. He just didn't do it publicly.

Yen

@danroan 3m
Aston Villa tell me almost half the clubs in the Premier League are now interested in reintroducing standing to their stadia

It's a pity the HFSG (and Dalglish) are against this, probably stopping Liverpool from ever reintroducing standing. Imagine a standing Kop again...

@danroan 3m

It's the way to go.

It always seems to weird with people chanting or singing sitting down calmly.

subtles

I do that in FM all the time! Eder Alvarez Balanta, welcome to the club. Here's your armband!

But really, it's not like Tevez was an 80 year old abuelita. I'm sure he spoke some English -- enough to communicate with his teammates about the game at least. He just didn't do it publicly.
I seem to remember Mancini (and some journalists) mentioning it publicly during the spat. Either way, it strikes me as odd. He's been here for so long. Suarez's (English) interview with Macca really impressed me as he's come such a long way.

Tonight's going to be funny.

It's the first time I think I've watched a United match where I don't really care whether we win or lose.

We win and yeah it's nice to get one over on Arsenal and continue their February-geddon.

We lose or draw and we're a small step closer to getting rid of Moyes imo.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

It's the first time I think I've watched a United match where I don't really care whether we win or lose.

We win and yeah it's nice to get one over on Arsenal and continue their February-geddon.

Other than losing every one of our remaining games I dont see an scenario where he is fired.

Fergie

Banned
Fergie, where you at?!
10-15mins yo.

What a mess.

I wouldn't even mind if we lost if we played great. At least there's something there.

Just like Rodgers, something in the works.

But instead buys Mata, still implements crossing.

I wish the players scrapped it and just passed to feet.

Clegg

David Conn @david_conn

Ed Woodward saying Manchester United will sell and sign ("churn") more players this summer than normal, but won't get drawn on details #mufc

8-10 out, 6-8 in.

Tallies with Andy Mitten's speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom