• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Bent should've done better. Still don't think Liverpool will finish higher than 4th because the defending is just too poor.

Well, basically the entire first choice back four, plus the only DM are all missing but due to come back by the end of February. Any team is going to struggle with all their best defenders out.

didamangi

Shitty showing from both of our CB, we really need a Hyypia type CB who will win headers and not panic every time there's a cross coming near him.

Marc

Nope.

If Rooney is playing, he'll be behind RVP.

Moyes even said when he bought him he can play on either wing.

Would play the same system Chelsea did with Di Matteo, 4-2-3-1 with the 3 rotating.

RVP

Mata - Kagawa - Rooney/Junzusjaifrj

Rooney shouldn't be an automatic choice, guy is too much of a cancer at the club. Threatening to leave every 5 mins, thinking he is world class, gambling and eating pies.

King_Moc

Banned
Where the hell does 5 minutes come from? The goal keeper didn't stay on the field that long, they just want Bent to snatch another goal.

I think each sub adds 30 seconds to the ref's watch, there's three minutes there. Then there was an injury and a penalty.

Liverpool winning is injustiça. what a den of cunts.

Nope, we were the better team by far. Fulham's goals were from Liverpool errors.

Clegg

May get maligned for this but I thought Carrick and Cleverley outplayed Arsenal's midfield.

Wilshere was a lot of huff and puff but didn't amount to much. Arteta was poor.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes "Id take a point but id like three" "the way my lucks been going i expected their late free kick to go in"

Luck

Luck Luck Luck

Blablurn

image.php

sohois

I reckon Tex has earned himself a start a weekend with that little cameo. Really looked for the ball and did well despite missing the good chance at the end.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Liverpool play like United used to, quick counter attack football, United play like Stoke...and lost to Stoke.

Kassu

Banned
(NOT TROLLING)

@ArsenalGAF

if we go back in time to the summer, would you rather go for Ozil or Higuain?

Higuain has scored 18 goals (and 7 assists) in 31 games so far.
I don't think Higuain would have been as good for us as he is for Napoli right now. He mostly seems to score because he has willpower to do it and I doubt he would have that at Emirates which is silent as graveyard compared to Napoli's stadium.

He still would have been better than Giroud for sure but without Özil we wouldn't be in top 4 in the first place.

Wilbur

Banned
Just got in to find Liverpool won. Fucking shite. And thanks Newcastle for actually being a one man team you shit cunts.

Anyway, our game. Under different circumstances I'd be reasonably happy with that. Still far too many long balls, but I felt we defended well, showed variety in our approaches coming forward and were it not for an absolute wonder save would have won that. Carrick was the best player on the pitch for me.

Unfortunately Cleverley was anonymous, Mata not much better save a few nice passes. But hopefully Fellaini can come back and free him up to do a little more.

Like I say, if this comes in November or with us closer to the top, I'd deem it a fine point. As it is, with Liverpool's win, it does nothing.

Labadal

We're gonna have to claw our way to the CL at this rate. We can't keep on gifting goals. It's even worse when both CBs do it. My heart was pumping at the end.

Watching us play has become so fucking boring. I don't enjoy watching us play anymore. Unbelievably dull football.

So we defended slightly better, who fucking cares?

Not losing was not the objective if Moyes had any fucking guts. We should've been trying to win. He's put us in this position and now he's doubling down by setting up negatively, leaving us further behind the pack.

Please do fuck off out of our club thanks.

WJD

May get maligned for this but I thought Carrick and Cleverley outplayed Arsenal's midfield.

Wilshere was a lot of huff and puff but didn't amount to much. Arteta was poor.

Not gonna disagree with that. Thought it was probably Carrick's best performance of an admittedly lacklustre season and Cleverley made a really solid account of himself.

LTWheels

I reckon Tex has earned himself a start a weekend with that little cameo. Really looked for the ball and did well despite missing the good chance at the end.

From the brief cameo he looked very comfortable on the ball, I liked what I saw.

I'm not sure about next weekend as we are at home, but away from home I can see him in central midfield along side Henderson allowing Gerrard to play further up the pitch, like he did towards the end of the second half.

But I do think that the lack of attacking fullbacks is causing use problems against teams that sit back. I don't think we are stretching play very well. It results in Suarez and Sturridge having to stretch play and then try to beat four people to get an angle to shoot, or cross the ball to no one in the box.

didamangi

We're gonna have to claw our way to the CL at this rate. We can't keep on gifting goals. It's even worse when both CBs do it. My heart was pumping at the end.

Hopefully Agger will be fully fit for the next PL game, at the very least he can bring some composure to our back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom