• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

I reckon Tex has earned himself a start a weekend with that little cameo. Really looked for the ball and did well despite missing the good chance at the end.
He made the pass for the foul on Sturridge at the end.

Very good debut coming from just ten minutes at the end. Gerrard comgratulated him at the end.

Liverpool as yet to play Chelsea and City again. that's zero points for them right there.

Cliched as it is, we're a completely different team at home

I can't even describe what happened just now. None of the players were 'poor' aside from Coutinho imo, aside from the 2 horrendous mistakes that cost us the goal. But I was never confident that we'd win. Suarez has reverted to 11/12 Suarez, complete magic but the end product just off by a matter of inches. Need him scoring again to shake Spurs and Everton off, they're hanging on like ticks on a dog's bollock

Sakho pls.

Arnie

As it is, with Liverpool's win, it does nothing.
Well, it does take you further off fourth place. Winning would've done 'nothing'.

Anyway, and I don't mean to offend anyone here, but if a United fan is seriously still thinking about fourth place at this stage then they're on more crack than Lionel Messi.

pappe

Not gonna disagree with that. Thought it was probably Carrick's best performance of an admittedly lacklustre season and Cleverley made a really solid account of himself.
Yea... I saw him try a forward pass for a change.

I still cant believe how a team with Mata, Rooney RvP play such a boring and toothless football.

TeddyBoy

An extra time winner for Liverpool, it feels like a lifetime since we've done that. With the top being so tight those extra two points could be crucial.

Coutinho looked off today, I'd give Texeria a shot him to see how he can play (throwing in the deep end against Arsenal but Coutinho doesn't seem to play well away from home).

LTWheels

Cliched as it is, we're a completely different team at home

I can't even describe what happened just now. None of the players were 'poor' aside from Coutinho imo, aside from the 2 horrendous mistakes that cost us the goal. But I was never confident that we'd win. Suarez has reverted to 11/12 Suarez, complete magic but the end product just off by a matter of inches. Need him scoring again to shake Spurs and Everton off, they're hanging on like ticks on a dog's bollock

Sakho pls.

I'm fine Coutinho playing against the big teams who will come out and attack us at home, but against the rest of the league his performances have been terrible. Overhitting to main passes, shooting wide all the time. Would rather Gerrard play there. With Teixeira and now Allen fit it gives us other options instead of Coutinho.

Arnie

I love a good last minute Gerrard celebration btw, even though it was a penalty

See no reason that Liverpool won't finish above Arsenal now.

BgTl6bOCAAA1TpZ.jpg

wedward

Until we bring in a quality striker this is just how we are going to consistently play.

Nobody wants to play the ball into Giroud because you just know he is going to lose it. When we counter we can't pass it to him because he will lose it. When we try and pass it around the midfield we cant pass it forward to him because he will lose it.

Every once in a while we will play well but that's only if all our mids are passing well.

The lack of Ramsey and a quality striker is really killing us.

Wilbur

Banned
Also, all the people here slating him for taking off Mata instead of Valencia; Valencia had a better game and is better defensively. Right choice. Some people picking on Moyes just for the sake of it now, come off it.

Until we bring in a quality striker this is just how we are going to consistently play.

Nobody wants to play the ball into Giroud because you just know he is going to lose it. When we counter we can't pass it to him because he will lose it. When we try and pass it around the midfield we cant pass it forward to him because he will lose it.

Every once in a while we will play well but that's only if all our mids are passing well.

The lack of Ramsey and a quality striker is really killing us.
I thought you looked a bit nervous.

Also, all the people here slating him for taking off Mata instead of Valencia; Valencia had a better game and is better defensively. Right choice. Some people picking on Moyes just for the sake of it now, come off it.
The way he has "used" Mata has been a fucking joke quite frankly. He deserves the stick for that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt are you running your own yurt parody account?

Yurt is a parody of Yenrot anyway

I don't think Higuain would have been as good for us as he is for Napoli right now. He mostly seems to score because he has willpower to do it and I doubt he would have that at Emirates which is silent as graveyard compared to Napoli's stadium.

He still would have been better than Giroud for sure but without Özil we wouldn't be in top 4 in the first place.

I guess you're right!

LegoArmo

I agree. I think United played well tonight, tactics were right, just needed a bit more quality and tempo going forward.

Mastadon

Banned
Steven Gerrard was absolutely sensational tonight. The Liverpool skipper enjoyed a pass completion rate of 87%, winning eight tackles and losing just two - recovering possession nine times. Throw in a goal and an assist and it's easy to see why he's the
toast of the Kop tonight.

Gambit

do you attend the games on a regular basis?

no chance. It's so difficult to get tickets. Last time I went was in 2012 against Wolfsburg.

But my friend lives in Munich, very close to the stadium where you can actually hear the noise a little bit. So if we watch a game in his apartment and open the windows, it feels very live.

Clegg

I fear United won't get quality or tempo under Moyes.

He's already looked like he's fucked Mata up. Yes he can play out wide, but we're set up for safety first so all those little runs he makes are useless.

LegoArmo

Mostly agree with this. It wasn't especially attractive, but with a fitter Van Persie we'd have won it.

He's already looked like he's fucked Mata up. Yes he can play out wide, but we're set up for safety first so all those little runs he makes are useless.

Thought is that his lengthy training sessions are knackering the players. 10 days in Dubai might do some help. Maybe they'll get used to it.

Elchele

no chance. It's so difficult to get tickets. Last time I went was in 2012 against Wolfsburg.

But my friend lives in Munich, very close to the stadium where you can actually hear the noise a little bit. So if we watch a game in his apartment and open the windows, it feels very live.

:lol that's great.
did you go to some of the public trainings when Pep arrived as coach?

I would go to the trainings to get autographs and photos
obviously I expect I would get nothing most of the time

Clegg

Wedward lighten up.

Anyway, if that's the best Arsenal can do against a United with zero ambition or confidence then I see nothing to suggest that Arsenal can win the league. At times this match looked like a competition over who had the smaller dick.

Mostly agree with this. It wasn't especially attractive, but with a fitter Van Persie we'd have won it.

To be honest that's just a throwaway comment.

RVP is fine for fitness. He's just not in the game enough. We didn't play well. The tactics were...not horrible.

It was a poor game from both sides. We showed no conviction at all.

Damn. Manchester is fucked. Europa League it is. But don't worry fellas. We went through the same in 2008.

Pls no Europa.

If he keeps playing him on the wing he'll end up as Kagawa 2.0. Simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom