• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

That was our group back then

exySDog.png

TeddyBoy

Liverpool will win the league. I wanna place a 100£ bet on it.

Appreciate the vote of confidence pappe but I'm sure we've lost too many points already, although I'd be overjoyed for Brendan to prove me wrong.

@LiverpoolGAF: against West Brom we took Coutinho off for Allen and it basically stopped our attacking threat. Today Texeria came on for Sterling and we scored and still looked threatening. Have we found a decent way to change the game now?

Think Cissoko was our best defender tonight.

He's quite solid defensively, shame he's shit going forward.

Yep. Flanagan caught out of position a few times too often, and their crossing is as bad as eachother's :p

Not sure I've seen Cissokho hit a cross for us yet that hasn't been dragged along the ground, but I can live with that as long as he's reasonably solid.

Hixx

Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
Newcastle 0-2 Man City
Newcastle 0-3 Sunderland
Newcastle 0-4 Tottenham
Newcastle 0-5 Aston Villa?

Clegg

If he keeps playing him on the wing he'll end up as Kagawa 2.0. Simple as.
He'll do better than Kagawa because I think he's a more ambitious player on the ball. But your main point stands.

If Moyres doesn't have the tactical ability to fit all three into one team and have them playing well, then he'll have to drop one of them and look for better options.

I know United GAF is going to disagree but Moyes is just a shit manager. Give him some of the best players in the world and he will still fail, because he's just that shitty. He is a mid table manager just like Roy Hodgson.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought you looked a bit nervous.

The way he has "used" Mata has been a fucking joke quite frankly. He deserves the stick for that.

Yeah, it's silly he's been brought in essentially to replace exactly what Kagawa was doing. That is fucking stupid.

Bringing him off for Adnan instead of Valencia, away to Arsenal however, was not. There was a time to start all four of them and that was at home to Fulham. That's a far bigger crime than doing it at Arsenal away.

sohois

Appreciate the vote of confidence pappe but I'm sure we've lost too many points already, although I'd be overjoyed for Brendan to prove me wrong.

@LiverpoolGAF: against West Brom we took Coutinho off for Allen and it basically stopped our attacking threat. Today Texeria came on for Sterling and we scored and still looked threatening. Have we found a decent way to change the game now?

Liverpool were just generally poor in attack against West Brom though. Don't think you can really draw anything from that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If he keeps playing him on the wing he'll end up as Kagawa 2.0. Simple as.

One of Young and Valencia needs to start, Mofyes has already set the plan forward, he refuses to star Mata and Adnan at the same time, he has replaced one with the other 3 times now, I firmly believe he will look for a winger in the summer and Adnan will be shunted out more. Fucking rediculous how little faith he has in his forward line ups that he would rather play too duff wingers who contribute nothing.

pappe

I know United GAF is going to disagree but Moyes is just a shit manager. Give him some of the best players in the world and he will still fail, because he's just that shitty. He is a mid table manager just like Roy Hodgson.
Disagree? I dont think any United fan is gonna disagree with that.

Have you even read comments on here?

King_Moc

Banned

Hard to tell from 10 minutes, but he looked ok. Rodgers has clearly seen something in him and he (mostly) has a good eye for young talent.

Stevie is on 7 goals and 9 assists now

he earned his PL medal.

Great stats from a defensive midfielder. He's not even nearly passed it. He was probably the best player on the pitch tonight.

Wilbur

Banned

I don't think he's a mid table manager. Fourth and fifth a few times with Everton, even sixth is stretching it as far as 'mid' table goes.

He is however, limited in his tactical acumen and fearlessness when approaching a game. A very reactive manager. Not many will disagree with you at all; I will. He's far from shit. It just looks like he isn't the right choice for Manchester United.

Gambit

:lol that's great.
did you go to some of the public trainings when Pep arrived as coach?

I would go to the trainings to get autographs and photos
obviously I expect I would get nothing most of the time

No, not yet. I've been meaning to do that, but am probably too late now, since they closed it all off.

I don't live in Munich, but 100 kms away. Out in the country.

Wilbur

Banned
You know what's utterly galling? Said it yesterday, but had we not let in stoppage time goals we'd be six points better off.

Fucking Fergie's curse.

Do Southampton still have Man United to play or have they played them twice yet?

We have to play them at St Marys #battleforseventh

Meier

Rafael has a concussion apparently. No surprise but shouldn't have been allowed back on -- I remember he headed a ball quite shortly after returning to boot.

I don't think he's a mid table manager. Fourth and fifth a few times with Everton, even sixth is stretching it as far as 'mid' table goes.

He is however, limited in his tactical acumen and fearlessness when approaching a game. A very reactive manager. Not many will disagree with you at all; I will. He's far from shit. It just looks like he isn't the right choice for Manchester United.

Agree with this. He did a great job with Everton, no matter what farid says. And he did it for a long time.

Clegg

Evra was crap again.

Hasn't been mentioned as much recently because the whole team have struggled. But tonight he was particularly bad.

operon

Glad we won . United arsenal game was piss both should be ashamed of themselves. United are dead inside write this season off and get the transfers organised before the world cup and prices go up. Arsenal needed a win to recover from the drubbing at the weekend. Bayern should piss all over them. United easily defended against them.

Is Moyes getting the sack even a remote possibility? If so, what would it take for it to happen?

anything's possible, but i sincerely doubt it due to his appointment by sir alex, who is highly regarded (revered) at old trafford

he'll be given a blank check next season to update the roster

PaulLFC

Massive result for us that in terms of aiming for top 4. 2 points gained on Arsenal, 2 extra points ahead of United (yes them getting 4th is unlikely now but it's still not impossible yet), maintained our 3 point lead over Spurs (basically 4 points when looking at goal difference), and best of all we ground out an away win when we weren't at our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom